Wingmen don't attack vehicles in mission 6

Hi again!

I'm having this annoying issue in mission 6. I'm pretty sure it is the only mission so far I've noticed it. It happened before 2.5 and now with 2.5 as well. The wingmen acknowledge the order to attack time and time again and they actually seem to fly towards the targets, but don't do anything at all. Debriefings show none of them shoot a single bullet, everytime I've tried the mission (3 times so far).

What's going on here? :huh:

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

Just to clarify, was it the actual wingmen, i.e. 2,3, and 4, or was it the second section? The second section will automatically abort an attack and rejoin under certain conditions. They are only a placeholder I rigged into the mission until proper 8 and 12 ship controls can be added by the developers so I wouldn't fret too much over their behavior.

If it was the wingmen, did they happen to be within range of the 88mm flak at the time? I think I saw what you are talking about today and I'm 99% sure it was a threat reaction maneuver. They sometimes climb out of threat range, going as far as 10 miles from the target before turning back to engage from higher altitude and a better angle. It makes a lot of sense looking at it in Tacview after the fact, you just have trust them and let it play out sometimes.

Do you have any more details you could give me? Specifically, which radio command did you use, did they have bombs or were they down to guns, how long did you wait, and did they rejoin on their own? I'm glad to spend some more time on it if you have something I can try to reproduce step by step. ED has been very quick to respond to AI fine-tuning requests in support of the campaigns.

Edited by Bunyap

Thanks again for the insight Bunyap.

I think you might be right about the wingmen being close to flak. I flew the mission again, going further south and attacked 2 convoys near the first waypoint and another near the second and the wingmen responded very well.

I've been studying yesterday's acmi and the first thing the wingmen do is moving back, probably trying to find some distance to the threat but actually moving closer to other flak guns. I probably didn't stay long enough to see what they did. I still think it is a very weird behaviour and on top of that the user doesn't get any feedback from the AI so it's difficult to know what's wrong and what's going on.

You can take a look at the acmi here. It'd be great if ED fine tuned this kind of situation!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FOGUlUwoiJBEZz3-GMBwO4JQJdICP9qr/view

Answering your questions, I used the command attack ground targets (they reply with attacking targets of opportunity) both with and without the "with bombs" option. They still had the bombs and never dropped them.

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

That is perfect, thanks a lot!

I have it nailed down now and will send this in for a look. The range of the new 88mm flak is so much greater than any of the other AAA that I don't think this has ever come up before. They are doing exactly what I would want them to do for normal AAA, evade at first so I have the option to recall them, but the huge threat zone puts a wrinkle into the process.

It is definitely disruptive in some cases so I'll do what I can to up the priority. Thanks again!

That is perfect, thanks a lot!

I have it nailed down now and will send this in for a look. The range of the new 88mm flak is so much greater than any of the other AAA that I don't think this has ever come up before. They are doing exactly what I would want them to do for normal AAA, evade at first so I have the option to recall them, but the huge threat zone puts a wrinkle into the process.

It is definitely disruptive in some cases so I'll do what I can to up the priority. Thanks again!

Great! Looking forward to know what changes are made regarding this.

Thank you!