Helios alternative?

jamesb

Hi. I installed 2.5 and absolutely love it. However it porked Helios and it no longer works at all. I knew it would happen eventually but now I’m stuck. I’ve got no programming experience and all my controls are hooked into with Bodnar boards. The thing I loved with Helios is the ease of use and the off state for switches that don’t have an off signal. So long story short, is there any other alternative to Helios?

Not the way you need. There is a program called ikarus posted here in the forum some place.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Helios working perfectly fine here with 2.5

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Helios still works in 2.5 no problem, if you want to look for an alternative, go for Ikarus (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=179525).

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Found out what the issue is but don't know how to fix it. It seems that Helios is not seeing the boadnar boards (button boxes) at all. Windows sees them just fine but Helios does not recognize them. When you add new interface they don't even show up. I have all the latest windows updates...anyone have any ideas why this happened. By the way I did a clean install of Helios and DCS 2.5 to no avail.

Try unplugging them rebooting then plug them back in keep trying rebooting with them unplugged you may need to rename directory’s till you are starting from scratch but work backwards with the boxes unplugged each time

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.