FLIR & NVG to dark & not N/A capable.

CoBlue

2.5 OB.

The new FLIR, can't see terrain differences, cities, airports, carrier clearly etc.

Same with NVG, can't see much & very mushy. Also why so small FOV, only 1 eye?

Before I could do night missions & carrier VTOL landings comfortably, now not so anymore, my SA is very bad at night :(.

See picks.

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Can't help with the FLIR image but I can say that the monocular view using the NVG is correct, the old oval shape was wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I believe I have the same problem with the NAVFLIR, both on screen and projected on the HUD.

In white hot, it's just black with a few white dots for buildings, etc - terrain is not distinguishable. Black hot is the opposite, just a washed out green HUD. It's not useable for its intended purpose right now (navigating low level).

2.5 OB, DS on, 8xMSAA. Haven't tried without DS or MSAA yet...

*Edit - Definitely due to deferred shading. Without DS on, it works as intended.

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Ah jeez, anything higher than 1.5 and everything is waaaay to washed out... I'll try 2.0 and see what happens, but I don't like the graphical look of it.

Edit: Just tried it, even gamma all the way up to 3.5 doesn't fix the problem.

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

rather than start a new thread, my flir is almost black, well very dark green, its impossible to use, my gamma is 2.1, if I go any higher itl be like flying in a snow storm :), this only came in the 2.5 build, so I guess its that? D. shader is on on that's the best way, a fix by release?

It is probably a gamma issue. Make sure not to drop slider below 2.0 and you should be fine. DCS looks better at lower gamma values, but penalty is a darker cockpit and also darker MFD's.

Definately. I'm not having these issues and my Gamma is at 2.8 which is roughly the same as setting it to 1.6 in the nV controls for the old versions. That means the default 2.2 value actually is like 1.0 everywhere else. Don't reduce it unless you'd do that as well in other cases.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

There is a relation to gamma, but it's not dark due to gamma alone.

The default daytime "washed out" look, is around the 2.0 mark, most people bring it down to 1.3 or 1.4 to get some nice contrast.

BUT at night, it's advisable to ramp the gamma back up, the lighting seems inconsistent.

FLIR is seemingly very dark still, and I have problems with using it in 2.5

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

In VR the NVGs are near useless as anything in cockpit (except HUD) is a blurry mess. It appears in VR the NVGs occupy 100% of the screen where as monitor users have the green circle but can see everything else around it unamplified/blurred.

I am also wondering if VR users are the only ones suffering with NAVFLIR issues.

Next time I’m on I plan on trying with and without my Rift on, and with and without Deferred Shading on.

It’s pretty much unusable at night in VR in its current state due to not being granted ‘the green circle’. I’m not sure the blurring of the intstrument panel is intentional (perhaps too close to focus the HMD) or not - but either this effect needs removed for VR users or we are granted the circle.

Same here

Hi to all,

I have the same issue, with DS on I cannot use the FLIR to navigate or designate target, and as you can tune of the NVG I cannot read the instruments.

Attached, you can see what I get with or without DS. Moreover, you can notice that without the DS the NVG are not round.

My gamma setting is 2.2.

B/R

1347700933_FLIRWHwithDefferedshadingon.thumb.jpg.1feec91afccf2a190630d692a371520a.jpg

110574560_FLIRWHwithDefferedshadingoff.thumb.jpg.da202eda007b3e8ee36b81a5823d7c34.jpg

1504143197_FLIRBHwithDefferedshadingon.thumb.jpg.d54dc8b22936282187300138dbb5aecf.jpg

1555232247_FLIRBHwithDefferedshadingoff.thumb.jpg.3ccfc73daf39b3c0ea584311a277e901.jpg

690841573_NVGwithDefferedshadingoff.thumb.jpg.f5a336c1b5458c717ba913d1a42b1217.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E, i7-7820X, DDR4-64 Go (2660 MHz), 2 x TITAN Xp (SLI), SSD M-2 960 EVO 1 To, Win10 Pro 64

Pics ?

Works fine for me at 2.2 gamma and I recommend having moon light until ds is tweaked a bit

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I am happy that it works for you.

My pics were taken from the mission "pinpoint bombing night", it begins at dusk, so I did not change any setting from the mission planning.

I shall be interested by some pics, heading to WP1 at low level, from you, so that I can compare.

Thanks.

Edited by CNETRO

ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E, i7-7820X, DDR4-64 Go (2660 MHz), 2 x TITAN Xp (SLI), SSD M-2 960 EVO 1 To, Win10 Pro 64

2.5 OB.

The new FLIR, can't see terrain differences, cities, airports, carrier clearly etc.

Same with NVG, can't see much & very mushy. Also why so small FOV, only 1 eye?

Before I could do night missions & carrier VTOL landings comfortably, now not so anymore, my SA is very bad at night :(.

See picks.

We don't have control on how the NVG or FLIR show their displays. However we will talk with ED and see if there is any new parameter that we can use.

BTW. NVGs are light intensifiers, they intensify ambient light to show something. They do not show heat sources. If the ambient light is poor, the resulting display will be poor as well.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Zeus thanks for repl but like you said nvgs are not a magic bullet. I think the flir can tuned better once we can change gain levels if that's even a thing on the harrier. Either way I think folks need to get use to the new realism factor.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10