Tree on final approach to Batumi

malibu43

Ya, but IRL they would clear trees if they were that close to being in the glide path. If something goes wrong on final or your nursing a damaged plane in, that tree is in a bad spot.

You may be right about it not being in glide path, but it's presence there was enough for me to stop and think "that's odd...". That's not good for immersion.

Haven't checked in 2.5, but in 1.5 there was also an antenna right below the glideslope when approaching from that direction.

Not 100% sure, but I think Batumi should only be approached from, and taken off towards, the Black Sea, i.e. inbound RWY 08 and outbound RWY 26 or so.

• Like 1

sniped,

I thought the same thing Yurgon. I think it also applies to Sochi

Edited by mvsgas
  • Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Ya, but IRL they would clear trees if they were that close to being in the glide path....That's not good for immersion.

X9ecHv675dk?start=172

Edited by mvsgas
  • Like 2

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

X9ecHv675dk?start=172

Yes... smaller airports of course come with all sorts of strange obstacles and things that make for interesting approaches. I don't think a large airport like Batumi would have that.

Anyway, not that big of a deal. Looks like no one else minds it. And yes I was landing from an irregular direction.

Cheers.

I do mind that tree too. It does indeed look pretty unrealistic as OP said.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Anyway, not that big of a deal. Looks like no one else minds it.

I'd mind it if this was a regular landing direction.

Judging from this, it isn't:

https://www.google.de/maps/@41.6104354,41.6028119,2648m/data=!3m1!1e3

I see no rubber-marks at all on the approach end of RWY 31. If this direction is not cleared for traffic, why would they care about trees?

I prefer a highly visible tree much more at this position than e.g. badly visible high tension wires. Experienced both IRL multiple times.

Me too, but no hazard is even better. ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1.5.8 also the Sochi building out to the sea...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

You where way too low for an approach.

But anyways, international standards might differ and the examples from the videos are very extreme and should just stay as an exception, not the standard. For the one with the hill in the approach you need a special training before you are allowed to land there.

There are no real world wide rules ragarding Airport standards and many other things in aviation so i can tell only from Germany where i have to maintain a small Airfield for Gliders and small Airplanes.

Those Tree may be no problem, even for German standards. Even if i agree that this is better than obstacles you might see very late, like wires or a fence (like i experienced once), the Airpot authority needs to remove it or cut it down.

They may not allowed to do this on their own but i can tell from experience, they are responsible for it and the local politics starts....

I would really suggest to try a more or less 3 degrees approach, its also easier than the thing you tried here.

Edited by Delareon
  • Like 1

Here's another example (forgot the airport's name) - see attached.

It's even worse here, as there's a building in the way, too. :)

Screen_180201_125352.thumb.png.81962ab7e8ca3d36a91180aeaaf480cd.png

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Good grief, if you want to be upset, be upset that the whole road and town that sits right off the end of Rwy 31 at Batumi is missing. The E70 snakes around to the north there and its all missing in your picture.

But, as others have stated, that isnt even remotely unrealistic. We pilots face far worse IRL that that little tree at the end of the runway.

TJ

Haven't checked in 2.5, but in 1.5 there was also an antenna right below the glideslope when approaching from that direction.

Not 100% sure, but I think Batumi should only be approached from, and taken off towards, the Black Sea, i.e. inbound RWY 08 and outbound RWY 26 or so.

I might be totally off base here, but has anyone contacted Butami tower to determine the runway for final?

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Sorry to disappoint you, but if you compare Nalchik with google earth you will see that the trees, streets and building are at the same points as IRL.

Interesting complaints considering the fact that e.g. at O'Hare highways are even closer to the runway than the tiny street at Nalchik ;)

So long as it's realistic I have no complaints. :thumbup: If, however, procedurally generated stuff pops up where in RL there shouldn't be, then that's a different story. My post assumed the latter.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I might be totally off base here, but has anyone contacted Butami tower to determine the runway for final?

Still haven't found the time to check this in 2.5, but in earlier versions I believe pilots were always directed to land on 13 regardless of wind.