Can't join multiplayer 2.5 stuck in loading or lobby or black cockpit

Jaakov

Same here for complex missions like 104th.... stuck at loading... short time at spawn screen (no slots visible) then crash back to home menu of DCS.

i7-2600k @4.6

1070 GTX

32 GB RAM

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a member of the club too. If anyone finds a work around please post. Not been able to play in a MP server since update. Just get booted back to the main screen after a long freeze attempting to load.. Single player all good

DCS Facebook groups suggest:

• Running a SP mission before joining a MP server.

• Pressing ALT+ENT a couple of times while at loadingscreen / briefingscreen. (VR users?)

• Changing aspect ratio from 16:10 -> 16:9. Going from 1920x1200 -> 1920x1080 worked for me.

Worked for some...

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Servers are just hanging

Its a real issue ive spent over 5 mins waiting to join today 104th (Its stable) I get the sound and just stuck on the loading screen, My specs are in the sig, Once im in servers its smooth as anything and really nice, But clearly theres a real problem in connection and there timeouts, Its really got to be looked at as a priority or critical bug.

DCS Facebook groups suggest:

• Running a SP mission before joining a MP server.

• Pressing ALT+ENT a couple of times while at loadingscreen / briefingscreen. (VR users?)

• Changing aspect ratio from 16:10 -> 16:9. Going from 1920x1200 -> 1920x1080 worked for me.

Worked for some...

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

And uncap a bottle of beer, might help :thumbup:

Seriously, same here, and i'm not alone in my group, the majority of us have the same issue. Fine in SP, in MP with a few nerds but add somes units and a few more players, and we''re stuck at the loading screen. This problem is certainly related to the high amount of RAM used by DCS, between 6/9gb in SP, depend what's going on, up to 14/15gb+ in a "light" MP server...I hope the team will have a look at this issue, RAM price are insane those days...

• ED Team

Hi all

ED is aware some are having an issue and are looking into it.

I am also unable to play MP currently and also get a crash, I have reported to ED

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

same here. On my end the problem is that the VRAM, RAM and swapfile memory gets all used to the maximum and at that point DCS.exe becomes inactive. Happend in 1.5, too. So for me the conclusion is to upgrade. I have an old system with 2 GB VRAM and 8 GB RAM. Despite having enough FPS i now have to either throw 80€ (60€ 5 years ago) into an old system for 8 GB more or buy a new setup.

edit: system

H77

i5 3470

DDR3 8 GB @1600

AMD HD7870 2 GB

ssd 500 GB

Win10

Edited by RED

Crossing fingers for the next update, multi-player is the fuel of this sim IMO ED is working hard to put online a stable version of the 2.5 personally this version put me back to DCS since few years and I'm waiting Nevada since A-10C, if multi-player don't work well like 1.5.8 it's gonna be pretty frustrating, a friend of me with an outstanding PC can go online only if he launch an instant action mission before joining online server (even 104th), for myself I can't join anything.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make the reporting system great again!

• ED Team

Merged the threads and made it a sticky.

ED are looking into the issues with joining MP

If you are having issues joining MP please let us know your system spec in a post

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

My Specs:

Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1231 v3 @ 3.40GHz, 3401 MHz, 4 Kern(e), 8 logische® Prozessor(en), (RAM) 16,0 GB

Grafikkarten-Hersteller - Powered by AMD

Grafik-Chipsatz - AMD Radeon R9 390 Series

Speichergröße - 8192 MB

Speichertyp - GDDR5

Speichertaktfrequenz - 1500 MHz

Systemtaktrate - 1050 MHz

Gesamte Speicherbandbreite - 384 GByte/s

Speicherbitrate - 6.00 Gbps

Hals- und Beinbruch...

Christian | Spitfire | Bat-21