Can't join multiplayer 2.5 stuck in loading or lobby or black cockpit

Jaakov

What seems to help a lot for me is the following:

I join the server, which crashes my DCS - but this gives me a track file which I can then convert in a mission file. Then I load the mission in the mission editor and run it. Afterwards I join the server again and it seems to work smoothly.

Tested 3 times so far on the 104th. Worked all of the three times. I don't even think it has to be the exact same mission file, but any large mission is suffice.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me? Or has it even gotten

worst after 2.5.2?

I mean I eventually could join a sever after 5 minutes. Now it just crashes

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

Same issue here... I've tried servers with only 1/x entries so there was just the server, I've tried heavily populated servers...

SP works like a champ.

2.5.2 OB

24GB Ram

4.2Ghz CPU

GTX970

Same in VR or regular monitor.

Removed all mods (just had the VARS race pylons, other than that it's completely stock with no mods)

Will try loading into a .trk/miz file from one of the servers...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Aright so I loaded a complex MP mission as an SP mission via converting the .trk to a .miz and it took much longer to load than I expected but it worked...

Then I loaded back up onto that server and indeed it worked. Again... it took longer than I expected (even a bit longer than the SP load of that mission of course) but it worked. I then loaded into a different server running a more complex mission with more people and it also worked.

I then re-booted everything and loaded into the complex MP mission again and it would not work.

The game eventually crashed in that mission and I can provide the crash log (aside from the track as it was 27MB).

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=185615&stc=1&d=1527555673

dcs.log-20180528-235348.zip

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Yes!!! it seems that it is better. MUCH BETTER in latest OpenBeta. It is the old Multiplayer as I saw in the change log... Still produces the same fx as I described in my video, but instead of taking 12-20min to get inside of a server, now it takes 2-4 minutes into high populated servers.

Keep the good work!

Thinking about uninstalling everything and starting fresh?

Before I uninstall everything I figure some have tried this, so am I wasting my time?

It starting to look like they made multiplayer to run on the latest cpu and video card with 16GB Ram to me and just failed to brother telling anyone?

And since everything else I do still works fine on my pc I can't justify upgrading everything just to do this, so I maybe out for awhile.

Before this patch, I could get up to the Briefing screen. Which, after clicking "fly" would load up forever, either CTDing, or kicking me back to the main menu. Now, after yesterday's patch, the moment I click to select my role(the scroll bar), I get a black screen.

I delete everything in the LOGS folder (under SavedGames in your user profile folders). Save them to a new location if you're so inclined. Still takes quite a while to load, generally, I'm not getting the black screen except one/ten launches when I do this.

I echo the slow graphics load on the ramp. Once fully loaded and started, the graphics stutter stops. No slowness in my machine or Internet connection as I've done the work to check each segment. My memory, CPU, GPU, and Internet connections are not spiked or particularly busy.

This feels a lot like a developer logging facility is on and it's taking stock of everything before launch. Then later, dump.

(1AF) "THUD" | 55th FS

Joint Task Force 1 | Discord

• 2 weeks later...

I have this problem too. I can get as far as selecting the aircraft in the MP mission, but once i hit "FLY" the game stops responding.

I have 24 GB of RAM, 8 GB VRAM, 3.4 GHz quad core with hyper-threading, WIN 10, and about $2000 more invested in cockpit/modules/accessories solely so I can fly MP missions...

Game works perfectly fine in SP.. I can load complex missions (like the 104th's mission) in SP.. Its takes a few minutes, but it works. However, pre-loading missions has not fixed my problems in MP.

Edited by Beamscanner

I have this problem too. I can get as far as selecting the aircraft in the MP mission, but once i hit "FLY" the game stops responding.

Game works perfectly fine in SP.. I can load complex missions (like the 104th's mission) in SP.. Its takes a few minutes, but it works. However, pre-loading missions has not fixed my problems in MP.

Same for me ..

• 2 weeks later...
are the devs gonna help with this at all or is it just 27 pages of "same"?

Probably not.

I have tried to delete the DCS folder in the "saved games" folder and letting the game regenerate it again. It works, but as soon as I change anything in the graphics(maybe other tabs too, but I'm too irritated and tired to try) settings and the multiplayer stops working(black screen on role selection screen).

I'm currently way too salty over this, because the price of the plane + the map, was equivalent(monetary impact, due to how low the minimum wage is in brazil) to about $400 to an American. But, thankfully, single player works flawlessly. I just can't play ANY multiplayer.

I was going to make another thread about this, but I'm still reeling over a month of attempts, and trying after every patch. :joystick:

Same issues for me.... Sorta. It doesn't take long for me to load in. I can fly for about 3-4 minutes, then the black screen crash. Happens in VR or if I am running track-ir.

My specs..

Windows 10 64

i7 4.2

DDR4 32gb

ssd

1080ti.

50mbs down with 10 up from my ISP. server I fly on pings in the 70-80's

Clearly not my system specs... Also I have my settings turned WAY down.

I get a server disconnect message when it crashes and a whole slew of failed to load object messages. Screen goes black and I have to hard stop and start DCS...

The times this has happened I have ping the server with no packet loss and I have done this on multiple servers. The 104, Aero, ours (CSG-1) and STP. All the same issues.

I have repaired beta multiple times... etc...

Before I uninstall everything I figure some have tried this, so am I wasting my time?

It starting to look like they made multiplayer to run on the latest cpu and video card with 16GB Ram to me and just failed to brother telling anyone?

And since everything else I do still works fine on my pc I can't justify upgrading everything just to do this, so I maybe out for awhile.

That might be the issue but I know many people that have rigs way above the specs that are having these issues.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this issue too...

Sometimes I enter lobby but everything is frozen (cannot do anything), then DCS goes back to main menu. Other times it just went black. It is a bit frustrating.

Regards.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Same problem,

after trying to join any server, I get into a loading screen that takes up to 3 minutes. After that, it takes anohter 2-3 minutes for me to be able to pick a side in the lobby and then, after clicking on "briefing" roughtly another 3 minutes until half of the aircraft appears. Frame rate sits at round 20-30 with massive shuttering at times and then after a while DCS world just crashes.

CPU is sitting at around 20%, gfx isn't doing anything but RAM is off the charts, 11gb usage while in lobby?

Singleplayer works llike a charm, 80+ fps in campaign missions.

My specs

i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz

32gb ram

1070gtx

Edited by Sciatis

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty."

- Lord Inquisitor Fyodor Karamazov

I got the same issue. And tried all "fixes". Game is unplayable in MP. Which is a big let down. I don't understand why this became such a big mess after a couple of updates.

Fix some, lose some?

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.