Can't join multiplayer 2.5 stuck in loading or lobby or black cockpit

Jaakov

Dcs keeps crashing while loading into d Dcs server but not just that one I've did repair re install and still doing this I also delete the multiplayer tracks in files any more suggestions this is ridiculous

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here - single player is fine (relatively speaking - still have DCS restarting after I shut it down, then have to restart PC to be able to start DCS again) - but when I go to Multiplayer it hangs on the aircraft selection screen.

I'm updating DCS almost as soon as the updates come out, and have the latest - 1st August 2018 installed.

I have an i7-6800k @ 3.40ghz, 16 GB RAM and a Gigabyte 1080 with 8G GB RAM

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller

A Fix of Some Sorts

I connected to a multiplayer server. When in the select an aircraft screen, VR seems to freeze. After a few minutes I was kicked back to the DCS main menu screen.

I clicked back on multiplayer, connected to the same server, and this time it works. I was able to happily fly around for over an hour. So it seems you have to connect twice to login multiplayer.

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller

I connected to a multiplayer server. When in the select an aircraft screen, VR seems to freeze. After a few minutes I was kicked back to the DCS main menu screen.

I clicked back on multiplayer, connected to the same server, and this time it works. I was able to happily fly around for over an hour. So it seems you have to connect twice to login multiplayer.

I have the same problem, but not playing in VR. The problem is... I'm not getting kicked back into the main menu. DCS is just stuck on black screen for me when I enter the lobby of a server. This is on the latest open beta update as of now.

I hate that this is my first post....but...

Buddy and I were trying to fly MP and I was hosting. No issues on my side as I created the mission and like I said I was hosting. He could not connect. He would connect to my server, cockpit would fill in and then it would go to black screen and DCS crash. I didn't know if this was the same symptoms as everyone else was experiencing or not but I figure I'd post here.

Hey Guys, I am not trying to be Funny but could you guys post log files that could possibly help here or even full system specs??

It does seem to be a problem for a bunch here 28 pages and it seems no solution..

Also I was wondering does this happen ONLY with DCS??

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Buddy and I were trying to fly MP and I was hosting. No issues on my side as I created the mission and like I said I was hosting. He could not connect. He would connect to my server, cockpit would fill in and then it would go to black screen and DCS crash. I didn't know if this was the same symptoms as everyone else was experiencing or not but I figure I'd post here.

I wanted to close the loop on this. We got our issue fixed. Turned out he had some “help” in his house and they had disconnected and reconnected his HDMI connector from his video card to his MB video port. The onboard video and memory sharing couldn’t keep up. Once he swapped it back to the video card he was able to fly with me hosting, no issue.

Just dropping by to say this issue is ongoing and no solution was given so far by ED.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

• 3 weeks later...

Never had that tbh.

it's been instant ever since

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I have the same issue with 2.5 Open Beta latest version.

First today I joined a server and managed to play some time, after which the game froze in one of its many freezes (usually it recovers after 2 to 5 minutes but this time its been 15 mins so I killed it losing all hope - in the logs it said it was out of memory and failed to load some F-5 texture although the server wasn't running any AI F5)

then I tried joining but each time it froze in the lobby - turns into a black screen - check logs and it says client disconnected from host and the game itself not responding to anything - killed the process.

I tried loading an instant action and then joining the server - same thing.

Here is the log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dhztBBTGy0VdkWbV3UH6mJ-gGHQ-_XIc/view?usp=sharing

My specs:

Intel DP55WB Motherboard

Intel Core i7 870

12 GB RAM (2x2GB Generic OEM, 2x4 G.Skill 1333MHz)

Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB

Nothing is overclocked, no CPU or GPU overheating, during the crashes - RAM usage is about 10GB and drops sharply to around 8GB once the screen is black after being in the lobby

Do however note this was only one specific server I tried, not sure if it would be the same result in another mission.

Intel Core i7 3770 @ 4.4 GHz (x43 Multiplier, BCLK 104) | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H F16j Ivy Bridge | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | G.Skill ARES DDR3 4x4GB 1333MHz (OC 1387MHz @ 1.65v, 8-9-8-23) | ZOTAC NViDiA GeForce GTX 1070 Mini | NZXT S340 Elite White | Saitek X-55 HOTAS | Thrustmaster T300RS GT | Logitech G Shifter | HyperX Cloud II

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. I've just come back to dcs after months because of this issue and I still can't load onto any MP server. This issue has been going on for far too long. I've spend hundreds if not thousands on this game. I am just in awe that the devs have said nothing concerning this issue. I have googled and searched for any solution for this problem. Yet nothing works. Single player works wonderfully I load into any mission in 3 minutes or less and get over 80 fps with high settings. Please fix ED! :helpsmilie:

I also just yesterday am now hanging on the last part of the load screen with a please wait.

I am running in VR mode and this occurs while starting up a server.

Everything works fine in single player mode.

I even tried a repair and the issue remains.

I am on the stable version.

I have a workaround and while loading time is obscenely long I can at least play.

1. Load the map you want to play in MP via single player instant action.

2. Quit instant action and then load the MP server with the same map you loaded earlier via instant action.

3. Once you're on the role/slot selection screen give it a couple of minutes. If it's unresponsive just wait, it should become responsive within a few minutes. Don't go crazy clicking.

4. Select your role/slot and spawn and you should be able to play without issue.

It does take about 10-12 minutes to load into an actual MP match which is much longer than it used to take due to this convoluted workaround.

Rig: i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133 | 1070 8GB | 27" QHD GSYNC | 2x SSDs | W10

Setup: DCS 2.5 OB | M2000C | F/A-18C | F-86 | F-5E T.16000M HOTAS

Same here, Impossible to join. Sooo long times loading and then when I reach the menu to assign plane, there is a massive lag that I cannot fill any place. tried small group servers same thing I still can't load onto any MP server 2.5 Open A

Edited by Zulu40

This is lame. I've been really into this game for the past 3-4 months after discovering it again. Getting into a MP server after work for a quick session before bed is really impossible now. I hope ED takes note and maybe works on a solution soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sucks after shelling out hundreds of bucks in hardware and add-ons. :(

Rig: i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133 | 1070 8GB | 27" QHD GSYNC | 2x SSDs | W10

Setup: DCS 2.5 OB | M2000C | F/A-18C | F-86 | F-5E T.16000M HOTAS

I have yet to encounter this problem.

True, when I load BlueFlag Server I do have to wait 2-3min ( depending on player count a little ) until my FPS counter went from 0 or 1 back to my locked 60fps. Once my fps are stable I can choose a slot and join in a matter of seconds.

Have a large enough PageFile and if you can, have more than 16GB, THAT is a hurdle you have to take imho. 16GB will let you down, pretty fast too.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X