Mods and JSGME in Open Beat 2.5?

Grajo

Hi,

I have been using JSGME tool in the open alpha with very good results.

Now with the Open Beta 2.5 (yes, I created a new shortcut and setup it property) seems not to work fine. Many mods do not work as before, do not manage to setup Piper/gun-sight mods for Mi-8 or Spitfire, Engine sound mod for Spitfire, and many other tweaks, some of them I have been doing my self.

Just "classic" aircraft liveries seem to work properly.

I understand that some paths might be different in the 2.5 but seems that most of the time, there is something else going on that I can not identify.

Would appreciate any help on this, I do really like to tweak graphics, Gun-sights and other stuff that make the sim much more enjoyable for me.

Thank you very much

I confirm that mods via JSGME work as before. During the update process from 1.5.8 ob to 2.5 OB I even had not to create a new shortcut nor change any other settings (apart the fact that you have to uncheck your mods before updating as usual).

The "mods" per se are right in the place where they were in 1.5.8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Hi -Mop-,

Honestly, there is not a clear workaround about how it has finished working for me, as what I did does not look to be a good reason for the mods to start working, even if they did and now everything is fine.

You probably know perfectly how JSGME works, in any case here you can find a great guide from Ebs:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607

What I did is: Double check that My JSGME new shortcuts paths were ok (before I was using only Open Alpha version so I created a new one for 2.5) and uninstalled all my mods from JSGME.

After run DCS, all fine with no mods. Next Install liveries mods only, those I knew were working in the first place. Run DCS, check that they do work. After I install the rest of my mods. Run DCS... All work fine again and have no issue installing or uninstalling mods with JSGME by now anymore.

If nothing works... Try creating a new shortcut from scratch and configure your mod directory on it again.

Hope this help you some way... I see no true reason for how this got fixed for me. :huh:

Good luck!