"Thunder over the Boardwalk" Lockon Style

STRIKER

Thats right. A couple days ago the Virtual Thunderbirds put on its first remote show over water. Alot of work went into making this happen. Not just the planning and mission building but the hours sight survey, studying each marker placement to abort plan...no detail overlooked and this was no ordinary VTB airshow as was done in the past.

Six red, white, and blue jets took off at Sochi-Adler airport and then heading west to the resort town of Sochi ( a real resort town) and performed a high remote show. And here are the pics. I wish I could get all of them in here but here is just a taste of what was demonstrated that day. Thanks to my fellow team members for making this a great first step into our remote shows....no challenge lies to big for us after flying this!

Coming in from behind the crowd for the Clover Loop Opener!

screenshot011jn4.jpg

"Blue out ready NOW"

screenshot016nw3.jpg

"Ready HIT IT"

screenshot026oj1.jpg

"T-D BUP"

screenshot029ag8.jpg

"Knife Edge"

screenshot040hn1.jpg

"Echelon PIR" a.k.a the Trail Banana

screenshot047sn6.jpg

"Vertical Rolls"

screenshot068wa3.jpg

"Delta Pass in Review"

screenshot078tn4.jpg

"Delta Pass in Review from No. 5's cockpit... LD, pass the mustard"

screenshot080ow7.jpg

Delta Roll from the view of No. 5

screenshot086ts3.jpg

"Delta Loop"

screenshot105ec9.jpg

"Reflection"

screenshot111bz7.jpg

"Thank You Sochi"

screenshot118bm4.jpg

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

striker, question. do you fly with flap down in both reflection and callisto or calypso pass? because you cant really get a solid upside-down look cause the model cant really keep stable...it wants to dive like 3 degrees so you have the jet pointed up.

Edited by Corsair7662

=STRIKER= this is the best set of snapshots I've ever seen!!!:thumbup:

Well done!:worthy:

:thumbsup:

Fighter pilots make movies.Bomber pilots make history!

You can fool some people all the time,all the people sometimes,but you can't fool all the people all the time!

Just a few more shots from the other night.

Rollout from the Inverted Pass

screenshot079eg5.jpg

Whispering: "Sneak Pass"

screenshot085xg6.jpg

Knfie Edge Pass as seen from the crowd on the beach

screenshot003rf3.jpg

I-to-I Roll from the folks by the hammocks between the palm trees

screenshot002xx7.jpg

Calypso (after the aggressive setup required by terrain)

screenshot001tj2.jpg

"Stand tall for America's Ambassadors in Blue"

screenshot002hg9.jpg

"Low and Slow, demonstrating the remarkable slow speed handling of the F-16"

screenshot003xy9.jpg

Hi-Lo Hit

screenshot004py9.jpg

D360

screenshot005wy9.jpg

Delta Roll from inside No. 6. Striker pass the mustard back please!!!

screenshot006bz6.jpg

Reflection Pass, possibly the toughest maneuver for this show site...

screenshot007kw1.jpg

A beautiful view of the 6 Thunderbird jets!

screenshot008um1.jpg

• Like 1

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

That's a great video and of course I've seen it! In fact a few of the pilots from that year are good friends with some of our team members. One of them is "Wilbur", seen flying through the skyline in Chicago in the video! ;)

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Awsome shots! I liked Smoke On as well. Are you going to do another one? (Smoke On 2? lol)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Pretty good skills both in flying and screenshoting :thumbup: Ever thought about releasing a track or video of your flight? I imagine some stunning shots by GA involving your team... Just a thought.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Awsome shots! I liked Smoke On as well. Are you going to do another one? (Smoke On 2? lol)

It took his a year just to do one lol, give him some time:smilewink::director:

I imagine some stunning shots by GA involving your team... Just a thought.

That will probably never happen!:no:

JEEZ!

It took his a year just to do one lol, give him some time:smilewink::director:

Ok, jeez, alot of people are getting pissed at me recently.

I was just simply asking if there was another one comming. Think of it as a compliment. I liked the move and thus, i'm looking forward to a second if there will be one.

jeez...

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Aeroscout, no worries... no harm done what-so-ever. I'm not sure what people were referring to?!

Smoke on took so long because we were training, shooting, capturing and editing all at once and then did it all over again. The project actually got canned at on point and started back up again (sort of). If we were to do a sequel (and I'm not suggesting we are) it wouldn't take as long to produce the same length of movie since we can fly the show backwards and forwards live now and get a good majority of the entire show in just one shooting;however, we're not doing that. We have some other plans for the latter part of '07...

Being able to do the entire demo live with real comms and real procedures makes our future projects appear easy, since the flying is in fact what's hard about it. Editing, shooting is a lot easier when you can get the shots on the first or second attempt with so many planes working together in both timing synchronization runs and formations.

Cheerios!