TERNAV under 2.5 not working?

TOViper

Hi folks!

Viggen module is best thing outta there.

Long pause.

2.5 is beautiful.

Long pause.

2.5 is simply awesome.

Long pause.

:thumbup:

OK, there is one issue I got with the new version:

Anyone else who is also not able to turn ON TERNAV? :noexpression:

Under AKTPOS the last digit is always 0, no matter what I do.

Entering 58 in TAKT and confirming with LS/SKU doesn't change anything.

Remember TERNAV working very well in 1.5.8. (checked a video I made recently ...)

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Isn't the last digit the nav error (in km), and 5th one the TERNAV status?

Yep, you are right, according to manual it is the 5th. :doh:

OK, what still remains is that DCS 2.5 is wonderful :smilewink:

And what still remains is that I consequently don't hit any target with bombs ...

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

There is maybe something wrong after all, I can't turn it on/off by inputing 58/581 in TAKT.

And what still remains is that I consequently don't hit any target with bombs ...

I have no problem hitting the target... if it's the size of a runaway. :D

Edited by grunf

There is maybe something wrong after all, I can't turn it on/off by inputing 58/581 in TAKT.

I have no problem hitting the target... if it's the size of a runaway. :D

Hehe ... hm... what about small bridges?

my computer:

No problem. If they are nicely grouped together. :lol:

ok, so I dont have to worry too much about my "missi-ness" ... :megalol:

Although ... I have to say that if TERNAV status is on 5, I am still missing bridges, no matter if in ANF or NAV mode. It seems to be a hard thing at all.

Doing training ... little things here and small things there get better and better, but far away from a good percentage :cry:

my computer:

Might be an old issue that has still not been fixed: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194809

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Most likely, yes. I must have missed it. :)

Maybe the devs too ;)

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

The settings was reversed so you turned ON terrnav by entering 581 and turning it OFF by 580. It is fixed now.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 years later...

Is this still a Caucasus map bug? I get no problem setting up the BK90's to hit a ground target via F10 map marker in the Gulf, when I do same process in Caucases they miss by a few hundred yards and the CK37 last 2 digits only ever get to 10 or 20. In the gulf it goes to 50 straight away?

I have another thread runnig under BK-90 now available, done a lot more SP testing and I only ever seem to get the drift on nav and BK-90 target area when Im flying in the Caucasus map. It works fine in Gulf & Syria, ternav reads 50, in Caucasus it gets to 10 or 20.

On 2/8/2018 at 8:21 PM, toilet2000 said:

I've got some kind of problem with TERNAV in 2.5 too, where it seems stuck on status = 2 (5th digit), mode rough search. Is it just me?

Was this ever solved for you? I've got same issue.

10 or 20 means the TERNAV can't update but the error is estimated to be small. Are you flying over flat terrain or water? TERNAV continuous updates requires some terrain elevation to make automatic fix.

As for your question, yes this was solved in a subsequent patch.

Edited by toilet2000
  • Like 1