My 2.5 download doesn't make sense.

Rich8

"A bit off" lol. Ya, I can understand that, but I left it downloading at a similiar place last night when I went to sleep. Woke up today and there was no download, just the Update screen with a cancel button and some kind of error. I forgot to make a snip. I've deleted the "_download" folder and started this again. Right now my updated has a different UI:

Torrenting the update files...

Downloaded: 21% (3118.4 of 14149.3 MBytes)

Peers :44, up: 0.6 MB/s, Down: 14.6

Man, I don't know what to do. This is getting really dumb. I'm back to the 6271.5 MBytes section of this download again and getting the same damn problem. 22GB of 6.2GB right now............. My DL size has exceeded this download.

So now I got this error "Server capacity may be limited at the moment. Please, try again later."

And the second window in my update says "Waiting for update to complete..."

and now I have an autoupdate_log.txt

DCS Just started up and HEY! it's running 1.5.8... :/ I give up.

Edited by Rich8

Rich8: I get the exact same error, and have been getting it multiple times since yesterday.

I tried waiting a while because I figured it was server overload, but that makes no damned sense, when I am able to download 6000+MB of the file (with 18000MB DL size shown in the top of the window, but significantly less below the progress bar).

I don't know what's going on with their server(s), but it's the same every time a long expected product is released.

Maybe in a month's time, I'll try again... Maybe.

Edited by Cougar12dk

Same Issue Resloved

Gents,

I was attempting the upgrade installation with 2.2 and 1.5 previously installed. At the end of the download I was getting the "server capacity error". Per c0ff's referenced FAT issue, I verified my format was NTFS. I ran the repair DCS.exe and I had the same download errors. (12,xxx mb of 6,1xx mb.) This was also followed by the "server error". I referenced the log and it revealed the same file mismatch size errors at the end and it quits. In my case it was the Normandy map files at about 4 GB of 6GB. I opened the old version of 2.2 and uninstalled the Normandy module and reattempted the repair. This time the DL was only 1600mb and the progress bar during the download was accurate. The repair tool worked and 2.5 is now installed correctly with the Normandy module installed as well.

I hope this helps.

v/r,

Kdubz