Georgian Hammer 2.5 - Wingman not engaging

MadMonty

I have played mission #2 of the "new" Georgian Hammer campaign.

Telling my wingman to engage air defenses, armor, targets of opportunities etc. results always in a "negative" response.

Telling him to engage my target, he confirms "roger" and than flies straight to the end of the world.

Telling once again to engage armor, infantry etc., he replies "negative" and joins up.

Requested targets are existing and have been spotted by wingman, so it´s not about that he replies negative due to missing targets.

Anyone else having the same problem`

Cheers,

MadMonty

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

This sounds a lot like what it's been for a long while, though I haven't tested in 2.5, nor in the Georgian Hammer campaign. But AI problems are usually not specific to missions or campaigns.

A few things that used to help:

When assigning a target to your wingman, try to be close to the target, no more than 5 nm away.

If the wingman won't attack individual target types, it might work to just unleash him and go "Engage targets of opportunity".

Hopefully the AI will receive a major overhaul, now that 2.5 is out and DCS is finally back to one unified version. :thumbup:

My wingman gets terribly confused. I tell him to engage air defences. He says negative. I tell him to engage targets of opportunity and he says two roger, two engaging, two RTB and stays on my wing..... broken.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

The wingman is more likely, if not certain, to attack targets that he has already identified. This will be linked to the advice about getting in closer, but once you have heard him report a target, he will not reply with negative if you ask him to attack it.

This probably explains why engage targets of opportunity works, as as long as he has reported seeing at least one target type, he will have something to chew on.