[CANNOT REPRODUCE] ILS not working

Zarma

Just noticed I can't get Senaki's and Kobuleti's ILS in 2.5. Haven't tried the other airfield.

Anyone else having the same problem ?

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

*edit* second time I've posted in this thread while experience what might just be "User error" lol. Disregard. Hopefully I won't need it but keeping this post here to edit rather than delete again, although no offense if a mod decides to delete it for me. See what happens when I do it right.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

• 1 month later...

Same here. Tried now in 2.5.1 ILS not working. Also the steering bars not working 100% perfectly with the TACAN. The steering bars navigates me with the deviation from desired course. I will check some other aircrafts like F-15 if the ILS works correctly. In Russian aircrafts like SU-25T or SU-27 it works properly.

Edit: found that in some MP servers the ILS works properly.

Edited by AJaromir

• 6 months later...

Today tested this and I can confirm. ILS does NOT work on Senaki or Kutaisi on the A-10C. I did a control by flying to Batumi on the same flight and ILS there works flawlessly - All cockpit switches exactly the same except of course I changed the frequency (naturally) and course. So this is not a user error.

So the A-10C ILS in not broken, it is the ILS:s themselves.

Game version latest OpenBeta at the time of posting ( 4NOV2018 )

I will report this in the Maps section of the forums as well.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Just flew 3 ILS procedures to a full stop in 1/2 SM vis. ILS 09 at Senaki-Kolki (LOC 108.90/IB 089/DA 239), ILS 08 at Kutaisi (LOC 109.75/IB 069/DA 350), and ILS 07 at Kobuleti (LOC 111.75/IB 064/DA 260). Good ident tone, working flight director. Running latest OB. In all three cases wind was 090 at 10 knots.

The issue is probably this one that has been covered in this thread. DC does weird things that don't happen in real life with regards to wind conditions and ILS procedures.

From what I can tell though, nothing wrong with the ILS receiver in the A10C. Working at Senaki, Kutaisi, and Kobuleti.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an update for you:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3688257#post3688257

In short: the ILS in de-activated if the wind from the appropriate direction is less than 4m/s (around 7,8KT)... which is ridiculous! Why? Because you know when the weather usually the worst? With static winds, clouds hanging in the trees and fog surrounding everything... and the game doesn't give you ILS at that time.

This needs to be fixed. ILS should be on regardless of wind direction or intensity. There is also an approach type called "circling"... so you may use ILS to get low enough to make a visual approach to the opposing runway - the current wind-related ILS does not allow that either.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

I had a problem where ATC (on PG map) told me to use one runway, but the opposite runway actually had the ILS on. Unless ATC had more sophisticated instructions like, "proceed to the ILS approach runway XX", doesn't it just make more sense to have all ILS on at all times? Its not like they block one another's frequency. And as someone pointed out it would allow for procedures like circling or back course approach.

I had a problem where ATC (on PG map) told me to use one runway, but the opposite runway actually had the ILS on. Unless ATC had more sophisticated instructions like, "proceed to the ILS approach runway XX", doesn't it just make more sense to have all ILS on at all times? Its not like they block one another's frequency. And as someone pointed out it would allow for procedures like circling or back course approach.

In my thread someone pointed out that the ATC reported Runway and the Navaid direction in use are not the same. The conditions where both of them change are different so you may end up with what you've experienced.

This is insane. I guess ED has never heard of BC approaches or circle-to-land clearances.

You sure as hell don't shut off ILS just because the wind isn't favoring the runway.

And oh by the way 4 m/s is less than 8 knots which is well within the 10 knots that most towers will hold as the cutoff for switching up the duty runway.

ED I swear I don't know where you guys get these goofy ideas from....

I hope and expect this all to change when we get the new ATC. Here's hoping...

• 2 weeks later...
I hope and expect this all to change when we get the new ATC. Here's hoping...

Why wait for that, just turn 'em all on and leave 'em on. People who know what they're doing will approach from the right side, and noobs wont get so frustrated wondering why an ILS doesn't seem to work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Same here. In such a complicated and realistic simulator it is very disappointing and frustrating to try and learn the systems of such a complicated aircraft only to have such basic functionality be broken, especially on a map as mature as the Caucuses. I was trying to practice ILS approaches at night using the canned instant action Night Landing mission for the A10C where you are basically set up for approach to Kobuleti only to find out it was broken after banging my head against the wall thinking I was just doing it wrong.

It is sold as a study sim lol....you would think they would at least make sure you can use ILS for the friggin night landing mission.

We pay PREMIUM prices for this product, we deserve a product that works.

F-86 | A-10a | A10c | F-16 | F-18 | F-14 | P-51 | FC3 | Mig-15 | Black Shark | Mi-8 | BF109 | F15 |

Having same issue with Caucasus instant action landing mission.Tune to 111.50 on ILS for Kobuleti and it doesn't work.Does work on Batumi if i tune to 110.30.

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

• ED Team

Hi all

We may see a change with the new ATC but I do not have any information to share currently about this.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

BETA

You pay what the market will bear. Its a free market economy.

TL;DR:

I don't see what "free market economy" has to do with an unfixed 2 year old bug, this is a bug thread in a bug forum, not a "buyer beware" thread.

Detail

ILS worked as intended in 1.2.x and 1.5.x

ILS was broke (for 1-6 kt headwinds) in the 2.5 Caucasus map, released 31st Jan 2018 i.e. 2 years ago.

It *might* be fixed when a new ATC is added (time line unknown).

When players spend new money on DCS, they are going to be disappointed that a bug that effects 3rd party modules and ED's own tutorials hasn't been addressed in 2 years and that there isn't a ETA for a fix anytime soon.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 8 months later...

ILS is still broken. Tried several airfields and even tried the ILS training mission. Nothing works.

Yes, ILS power is on, volume turned up, correct freq entered (how many years will it take them to fix the freq info on the CDU Divert page?), ILS mode selected, correct course set, within range, etc.

The ILS training mission is broken in 2.5.x due to a bug where the active RWY used by ATC and ILS can desync for moderate (1-6 knot) head/tail winds.

If you have a particular airfield RWY you have an issue with please post a track/mission.

Note: For a mission that uses ILS ground wind will need to be set to zero or +6 knot headwind.

AFAIK the CDU Divert page was broken when ATC radio channels for WWII planes were added, it seems a low priority for ED.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

i have a weird issue with the ILS also.

when only using ils without tacan, i get the path on the HSI, and i get the vertical element in the flight director, however i do not get the horizontal element on the flight firector.

Any Ideas? Is this a bug or a feature?