[CANNOT REPRODUCE] ILS not working

Zarma

I'm just posting here to add my voice to the frustration at the state of ILS right now. I work in the world of software so I do understand how complex and time-consuming the bug fixing process can be. But this is a product which has been released for many years now and for a study sim to have broken ILS is just ridiculous. It's like having an undercarriage which will only extend at certain airfields. I realize my input won't make any difference but I just wanted to vent as this is really spoiling my experience of operating an otherwise fantastic aircraft. And yes I realize it's not the aircraft that's broken.

A small pie is soon eaten

• 1 month later...

I'm glad I found this thread.  I have been tempted to get one of the fighter jet modules (F18 or F16) having enjoyed the A10C module for some time now.  I was re-learning how to fly having been away from the sim for a few years and couldn't get the ILS working.  TACAN didn't seem to be taking me to the correct runway either.  Now I know the game is bugged I will spend my hard earned money on some other game.

7 hours ago, lesinge2k said:

I'm glad I found this thread.  I have been tempted to get one of the fighter jet modules (F18 or F16) having enjoyed the A10C module for some time now.  I was re-learning how to fly having been away from the sim for a few years and couldn't get the ILS working.  TACAN didn't seem to be taking me to the correct runway either.  Now I know the game is bugged I will spend my hard earned money on some other game.

What exactly are you complaining about here? A 2 year old thread on a bug which has been fixed!? 

Also, if the ILS bug was enough to turn you to another game then I seriously doubt your heart was in DCS to begin with.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

19 hours ago, LooseSeal said:

What exactly are you complaining about here? A 2 year old thread on a bug which has been fixed!? 

No, people complain because the ILS and TACAN bugs are fast approaching their 3 year anniversary, have never been addressed and there's only a vague promise that the ILS bug *may* be fixed at an unspecified time in the future.

It's no surprise that some players are hesitant to spend £65 ($80) on another module.

On 1/23/2020 at 2:13 PM, Ramsay said:

ILS worked as intended in 1.2.x and 1.5.x

ILS was broke (for 1-6 kt headwinds) in the 2.5 Caucasus map, released 31st Jan 2018 i.e. 2 years ago.

It *might* be fixed when a new ATC is added (time line unknown).

When players spend new money on DCS, they are going to be disappointed that a bug that effects 3rd party modules and ED's own tutorials hasn't been addressed in 2 years and that there isn't a ETA for a fix anytime soon.

• Thanks 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

On 12/11/2020 at 6:54 PM, LooseSeal said:

Also, if the ILS bug was enough to turn you to another game then I seriously doubt your heart was in DCS to begin with.

If the bug has been fixed, then why is ILS and TACAN still not working?

• Wags changed the title to [CANNOT REPRODUCE] ILS not working
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Please make sure, the airport's active runway is the one with the ILS and not the other one. This depends highly on wind conditions (4 m/s minimum I think it is). Only if criterias are met, the ILS or even inner and outer beacon for other aircraft are switched on.

If you than can reproduce, please provide a track file, so other can check which airfield, which direction in which conditions you tried. Only stating it's broken isn't helpful.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

ILSJD.part1.rarILSJD.part2.rarIt is 2022, the ILS in Kutaisi and Sukumi still not working (At least under good weather conditions). Now I know what my problem is. I don't think I have to have the ILS feature. I can land the A10C2 just fine with all the onboard sensor and Scorpion helmet. Nevertheless wouldn't it be nicer to practice all functions whenever I want to?

I've spent a lot of money on DCS beside hardware. I don't regret it because I see good changes all the time. Maybe the dev could look behind not beyond for sometime and improve the modules. For example the AI wingman, ILS, the jumpy TPG when lasing targets...

[Edit] Please unzip and see the track file. Thanks

Edited by jdfocus1985

10 hours ago, jdfocus1985 said:

ILSJD.part1.rarILSJD.part2.rarIt is 2022, the ILS in Kutaisi and Sukumi still not working (At least under good weather conditions). Now I know what my problem is. I don't think I have to have the ILS feature. I can land the A10C2 just fine with all the onboard sensor and Scorpion helmet. Nevertheless wouldn't it be nicer to practice all functions whenever I want to?

I've spent a lot of money on DCS beside hardware. I don't regret it because I see good changes all the time. Maybe the dev could look behind not beyond for sometime and improve the modules. For example the AI wingman, ILS, the jumpy TPG when lasing targets...

[Edit] Please unzip and see the track file. Thanks

Sukhumi does not have an ILS and Kutaisi worked fine for me just now. Default DCS day, airstart, no Wind, no nothing.

A-10_Kutaisi_ILS.jpg

• Like 1

52d_Sig_Pic3.png