Wish List (New Maps)

SspectrumM

I am glad to see that new scenarios for DCS are in development, but what maps would you like to see in dcs?

CUBA (i think it's a must have)

- Cold War Crisis

- Lot of historical and modern conflict hypothesis

- The War on Drugs (perfect home for non supersonic aircraft, Super Tucano, Hawk, C101)

- Guerrilla

- First tropical map in DCS

- Sea & Land

I think this map would fit perfecty to the actual DCS, and upcoming modules.

9nlY6NJ.jpg

Edited by SspectrumM
  • Like 1

I am glad to see that new scenarios for DCS are in development, but what maps would you like to see in dcs?

CUBA (i think it's a must have)

- Cold War Crisis

- Lot of historical and modern conflict hypothesis

- The War on Drugs (perfect home for non supersonic aircraft, Super Tucano, Hawk, C101)

- Guerrilla

- First tropical map in DCS

- Sea & Land

I think this map would fit perfecty to the actual DCS, and upcoming modules.

9nlY6NJ.jpg

Also great to kill communism :)

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

Lol I would never buy it...i want ex-jugosalvia theathr including adriatic and north-east italy with bases such as aviano :>

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Lol I would never buy it...i want ex-jugosalvia theathr including adriatic and north-east italy with bases such as aviano :>

Indeed, a Operation Allied Force theater is the best map imaginable, every modern module fit perfectly (F-15, F-18, A-10, Mirage 2000, Mirage F1, AV-8, Mig-29, Mig-21, F-14, Mi-24, Su-25 and other in-game aircraft took part in this war).

This map would have Adriatic sea for carrier ops, mountains and all what you need for beautiful dogfights, i would pay 60$ for it.

New Zealand

I was on a Flight that went the length of the country today and thought this would be a great place as it has many different terrains and is used by a couple of countries for low-level jet training

I5 4690k @4.7GHz (Fractal Design Kelvin S36), MSI R9 390, ASUS Z97 sabertooth mark s, 8GB Hyper X ram, 240GB SSD, seagate hybrid 1TB. Thrustmaster Warthog, trackIR, :pilotfly:

So similar to Caucasus though, however, I would back you up. They could totally recycle objects and textures from Georgia. Would be easy and it would be a great theatre.

Happy Bug Hunting!

Here's a pretty comprehensive list of maps I personally would like to see, my focus being on naval warfare and naval aviation. They'll be listed in priority order of what's probably best for DCS - it's not ranked by my personal preference.

I'll add the Google Earth .kmz files below so you can see which areas are covered providing you have Google Earth installed.

I'm going to do my best to get the total landmass down to at a maximum of 500,000km^2 - but in some cases, particularly for Vietnam, Balkans, Afghanistan, South Atlantic etc it simply isn't possible without missing out key locations.

Here goes:

Combat Theatres

Enhancement of WIP map

Not likely to happen at all, just a 'pretty please?' Last ditch wish for the area that the SOH/Persian Gulf map covers. Again, most definitely not going to happen.

Personal Favourites (might not be as good as combat theatres)

Thoughts?

[i will edit maps when I'm able]

DCS Map Proposals.zip

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Adriatic Sea

Vietnam

Baltic Sea (I am guessing that this is already under development by a 3rd Party)

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Here's a pretty comprehensive list of maps I personally would like to see, my focus being on naval warfare and naval aviation. They'll be listed in priority order of what's probably best for DCS - it's not ranked by my personal preference.

I'll add the Google Earth .kmz files below so you can see which areas are covered providing you have Google Earth installed.

I'm going to do my best to get the total landmass down to at a maximum of 500,000km^2 - but in some cases, particularly for Vietnam, Balkans, Afghanistan, South Atlantic etc it simply isn't possible without missing out key locations.

Here goes:

Combat Theatres

Thoughts?

Now that is the area I'm hoping for in the upcoming Syria map, if not then I would like it to at least include Cyprus to give the Brits a toe hold on the map while still having some sea room to conduct naval manoeuvres.

600km per side:

wTbnu4f.jpg

Now as for your Fulda Gap map area you just miss off the Belgian/NATO airbase at Kleine Brogel which is just south of Eindhoven, it also includes a couple of live fire ranges for aircraft in that area - I live close enough that I can hear the cannon fire when the local F-16s are doing target practice.

Any map that includes Scotland gets my vote too :D

Edited by Alicatt
  • Like 1

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

How that is the area I'm hoping for in the upcoming Syria map, if not then I would like it to at least include Cyprus to give the Brits a toe hold on the map while still having some sea room to conduct naval manoeuvres.

Yeah - for me maps with a good amount of ocean are of importance to me as my main interest is naval warfare in practically every form it takes. The problem with the map I proposed is that it is enormous - too enormous. It would probably best to bisect it into northern and southern maps. This is because I wanted to include the Suez Canal - a major strategic choke point and major waterway. Many modern conflicts have occurred in this theatre including ongoing so it's a promising map. Cyprus is kind of essential (-ish) for BLUFOR as well as being an actual staging post for land based BLUFOR aircraft.

Now as for your Fulda Gap map area you just miss off the Belgian/NATO airbase at Kleine Brogel which is just south of Eindhoven, it also includes a couple of live fire ranges for aircraft in that area - I live close enough that I can hear the cannon fire when the local F-16s are doing target practice.

Oops! When I drew that map all my focus was on Berlin, what was formerly RAF Gutersloh wasn't really paying attention to much else :lol:

The good news is, the map I proposed is one of the smallest, sitting at roughly 1/3rd of the area of the NTTR map so plenty of places to expand on further North (which may also mean we get some coast to play with, potentially.

I'll make amends when I'm back on my PC

Any map that includes Scotland gets my vote too :D

:thumbup: Love Scotland, strategic military area with lots of military bases. Even if as a potential theatre it's maybe less realistic. But a fun map regardless :D

When I was very little I lived in a married quarter right on the doorstep of what was then RAF Leuchars, one day a Typhoon aileron rolled right over the quarter and that's what probably led to my interest in aircraft.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Kosovo/Serbia area would be interesting. Not at the top of the list but a good conflict area for the time period of aircraft we have. Could run NATO ops and hopefully someday see an F-16. Serbia still remains the only country to knock down the only F-117. The area is not huge and would be another map I would like to see.

:thumbup: Love Scotland, strategic military area with lots of military bases. Even if as a potential theatre it's maybe less realistic. But a fun map regardless :D

Being Scottish I'm a bit biased ;) I lived close to Wick Airport which was a bomber airfield during WW2 and up until recently still had most of the WW2 infrastructure present, it was a diversion field for RAF Kinross and RAF Lossiemouth it was used a lot for touch n' goes and we got to see a lot of different aircraft there, Jaguars, Phantoms, F-15E, A-10, Buccaneer, Nimrod, Tornado, and every Wednesday the USN had a resupply flight come in for their basses at Forss and Murkle. Then close by we had the bombing range at Tain and Cape Wrath was just along the other coast too.

For WW2 we had airfields at Skitten which was a couple of miles from Wick and held the fighter squadrons and also at Castletown which was also a fighter base covering the southerly approaches to Scappa Flow where the navy fleet anchored. To the south of Wick there was a dummy airfield to draw off the German bombers from the real airfield just to the north of the town, my farm was close to it.

There are/were a few strategic targets there during the cold war, with the nuclear power station and HMS Vulcan naval nuclear training centre, plus the American presence at Forss and Murkle so if the cold war went hot we did not expect to survive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dounreay

Pics of Forss

http://pub34.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?usernum=2866148503####bn-photocenter-1-1-2866148503/90/1/

History of the site NAVCOMMSTAUK Forss https://www.witpress.com/Secure/elibrary/papers/DSHF14/DSHF14028FU1.pdf

Been on the base many times, and used to go train there every week with the US Marines playing American Football, ah happy days! and now sore knees :)

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

New Zealand

I was on a Flight that went the length of the country today and thought this would be a great place as it has many different terrains and is used by a couple of countries for low-level jet training

YES - at last someone else agrees :)

I've been putting that in every map wishlist for years...

Maybe take it over to a bit of Australia (NSW & Victoria gets you 8 RAAF bases + civilian airports - you only have to do the coast 'cause the rest of the country's empty :-)

NI vs SI

Varied terrain, plenty of regional tension between factions armed by different superpowers....

Also great to kill capitalism :)

There, fixed that for you.

Cheers.

Couldn't we just get a mid-Atlantic, all water map so all you carrier ops guys can shut up and let the devs spend their valuable time and effort to give us important rotor-heads all-mountains maps with lots of trees and cleanings without flat deserts to have some fun with??!!!

(hopefully you all understand to not take this too seriously...)

;-)

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

How about Iceland ? Lots of water.

Would love one! :thumbup:

Here's one I proposed earlier - GIUK gap (Iceland, the Faroes and the Shetlands)

The total land area by rough approximation is a third that of NTTR

QBaJglf.png

System: