ANOTHER request for a sticky

Kreye

Dear Razbam,

I'm sure you have noticed how many people are confused with the current build for the Harrier in terms of "What works and what doesn't?".

You've been really silent over the Harriers progress in the last few weeks although you(Zeus) said in another "Sticky request thread" that you would do it within the day.

A few weeks after this hasn't happend.

So AGAIN, please make an UP TO DATE sticky post concerning the harriers functioning systems etc.

Thanks in advance.

Kreye (and probably a good ammount of other people in the community)

• Like 1

Dear Razbam,

I'm sure you have noticed how many people are confused with the current build for the Harrier in terms of "What works and what doesn't?".

You've been really silent over the Harriers progress in the last few weeks although you(Zeus) said in another "Sticky request thread" that you would do it within the day.

A few weeks after this hasn't happend.

So AGAIN, please make an UP TO DATE sticky post concerning the harriers functioning systems etc.

Thanks in advance.

Kreye (and probably a good ammount of other people in the community)

+1

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

At this point, I would be happy with some sort of stickied post that kinda outlines their basic plan when it comes to adding in missing systems and functionality. No dates, just let us know what we can expect during the process and where certain things sit on the priority list.

To be brutally honest, it is hard to really do much with the Harrier. A lot of stuff is missing and some of that stuff is core functionality of the plane itself. I am kinda in a "holding pattern" of sorts when it comes to really spending time with it simply because some of the features it is missing are very important to realistic mission execution.

yes, i agree...

The product is in early access, one of the main reasons for that is to allo wus (the general users) to work with the product see what bugs and issues their are, otherwise, there is no point really for "early access".

In order to do any of this thought people need to know what "should" be working, and what is not implemented or known to not work or be buggy.. especially with an early access module with many missing items. I don't thing people really want to complain about it not being finished, its EA, most of us get that.. but help us help you.. give us something we can work from.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

yes, i agree...

The product is in early access, one of the main reasons for that is to allo wus (the general users) to work with the product see what bugs and issues their are, otherwise, there is no point really for "early access".

The main reason for early access at this stage is to get the money flowing and fund the rest of development (hopefully). More people testing the product early is just a nice bonus for the devs.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I for one will be happy giving Razbam some wiggle room

We have just moved to a new platform which in its self has issues, some of which are not 3rd dev related but will give them a headache im sure.

Im sure Razbam will be providing a list soon

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I quit flying it for the time being since there's zero documentation regarding what works and what doesn't...

Plus, meaningful AI wingmen are nonexistent (guess this isn't entirely on Razbam) but still...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I quit flying it for the time being since there's zero documentation regarding what works and what doesn't...

Plus, meaningful AI wingmen are nonexistent (guess this isn't entirely on Razbam) but still...

Yeah Zero... :music_whistling:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196533

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=573

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198522

Oh and the patch notes too...

For EA it's pretty awesome let's be honest?!

Zeus said we'd get A list, he's late but I'm sure there's good reason. (A week late really that bad?)

Oh and it's be said already AI is an ED thing :thumbup:

Edited by BIGNEWY
masked 1.1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In programming the most laziest and hated task is documentation.

Most programmers don't like to document their code, so debugging becomes far more dificult and in future the improvements. But when writinting code is far more faster than writing documentation, people just write the code.

And then you are asking programmers to go and spend even more time to start maintaining a forum post with up-to-date features, what requires more time spend after updating own to-do schedule and own documentation and manuals etc...

It can sound simple and easy, like writing a reply post like this, but when you have so much on your plate, you need to off-load some tasks to some other time.

But as this is Early Access, people are egor to talk about testing and functions and find out the procedures etc. So they need to know what works and what doesn't. And it would help a lot for community as new buyers that they get official list what is work in progress, what is for future and what has been done.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Early access does not equal beta testing .....

In order to do any of this thought people need to know what "should" be working, and what is not implemented or known to not work or be buggy.. especially with an early access module with many missing items. I don't thing people really want to complain about it not being finished, its EA, most of us get that.. but help us help you.. give us something we can work from.

...but yes, a systems status sticky would be really handy. Any feedback we can give the developers can only be beneficial.

Yeah Zero... :music_whistling:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196533

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=573

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198522

Oh and the patch notes too...

For EA it's pretty awesome let's be honest?!

Zeus said we'd get A list, he's late but I'm sure there's good reason. (A week late really that bad?)

Oh and it's be said already AI is an ED thing :thumbup:

The three links are bad examples...

Nr. 1 is extremely outdated and hasn't been updated.

Nr. 2 is just the bug report forum section.

Nr. 3 is just a notice that something was implemented by accident.

Don't try to make something right that you can't...

Also I wrote a message to razbam on Facebook asking if 2.5 will bring any updates to the Harrier which at first wasn't answered and later only answered with a pretty general answer 'yes, updates im all regards.'. It doesn't look like that to me. No Info on what or smth similar. In general the Harrier barely appeared in the patch notes because nothing much has been done. Razbam was alot better with that with the m2k.

• Like 1

Razbam has been very silent lately. Hope everything's OK with the company and team members. Would hate to hear of something Leatherneck style..

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Nr. 1 is extremely outdated and hasn't been updated.

2 months old is not extremely old :megalol:

Nr. 2 is just the bug report forum section.

Also contains direct comments from devs on fixed issues and timelines in places. (suggest you read this stuff before complaining)

Nr. 3 is just a notice that something was implemented by accident.

No, it was notice of a fix to an issue very quickly addressed and contains subsequent patch note info and comments from devs on progress.

Don't try to make something right that you can't...

I don't need to :thumbup:

I suggest you read some of Zeus's comments from here: https://forums.eagle.ru/search.php?searchid=17232903

And then tell me that they aren't engaging or responding..

Given that the majority of work is being handled by one man I'd say that hes doing a pretty awesome job of updating the AV8B quickly as well as keeping us informed as best he can :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And yet another thread full of spoiled kids or even worse, spoiled grown-ups, making demands and stopping to fly it over little things. Much love for the internet! They will get it done, they are either taking a well deserved brake or something is wrong with one of the devs, God knows what. In the mean time, why dont we all enjoy the fancy new graphics and quite crying ;)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Razbam has been very silent lately. Hope everything's OK with the company and team members. Would hate to hear of something Leatherneck style..

They are fine lol they are NOT going through anything like this, they are simply busy working hard

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I'd much rather they just focus on doing their job. A detailed list of what is/isn't working on the module is not needed.

Read the manual, it's pretty clear that anything not explicity mentioned there is probably non-functional at this point. Common sense. Especially since it's heavily implied that most things not explicitly mentioned there are non-functional.

As for bugs, YOU don't need specifically to know what has/has not been reported. It might be a luxury, but it's not essential. Find a bug? Report it then move on, let them worry about the timetable for fixing it.

Stop making mountains out of molehills, people. I'm sure they'll survive as a company without the breathless contributions of the community to every nook and cranny of development.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

And yet another thread full of spoiled kids or even worse, spoiled grown-ups, making demands and stopping to fly it over little things. Much love for the internet! They will get it done, they are either taking a well deserved brake or something is wrong with one of the devs, God knows what. In the mean time, why dont we all enjoy the fancy new graphics and quite crying ;)

While there will be some people that qualify for spoilt status, I'm not seeing any of that in this thread.

Mindless fan boys are just as toxic as whiners so please, don't be that guy.

I'd much rather they just focus on doing their job. A detailed list of what is/isn't working on the module is not needed.

Who ever said anything about detailed? At the least a basic up to date list of what's working for an early access module is most certainly needed. This is a complex module and it can be very difficult to know if something isn't working because of operator error or it's simply not yet implemented.

Again, don't be that fan boy.

• Like 1

This is a complex module and it can be very difficult to know if something isn't working because of operator error or it's simply not yet implemented.

Fan boying is not required where common sense will suffice.

I'll repeat what I just said moments before: it is heavily implied from all Razbam sources, the manual, etc, that anything not specifically mentioned is almost certainly non-functional. When they added in TGP functionality just a few days ago, they updated the manual with the new information. Previously there was no such data on it included. Why? Because it didn't work yet.

Seriously, it is not difficult. Want a list of what's working and what isn't? RTFM. Look at the table of contents, notice a conspicuous absence? It's probably because it's not ingame yet. See a section that is lengthy and fairly detailed? It's safe to assume that system/function is ingame and operational, at least to the extent described in... yep. The manual.

That's literally the purpose of the manual included with the module, is to walk you through what's there and what isn't.

Has anybody found any major system or function that IS working that IS NOT explained in detail in the manual? I have not, and I doubt anyone else has either, although I'm open to correction on this point.

-edit

If you're asking for a list of PLANNED features, that's different, of course. I've seen some bits and pieces of that sort of stuff around here, though. So if something hasn't been changed or updated, it's probably because said roadmap has not changed since it was first presented.

Edited by zhukov032186
  • Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Fan boying is not required where common sense will suffice.

I'll repeat what I just said moments before: it is heavily implied from all Razbam sources, the manual, etc, that anything not specifically mentioned is almost certainly non-functional. When they added in TGP functionality just a few days ago, they updated the manual with the new information. Previously there was no such data on it included. Why? Because it didn't work yet.

Seriously, it is not difficult. Want a list of what's working and what isn't? RTFM. Look at the table of contents, notice a conspicuous absence? It's probably because it's not ingame yet. See a section that is lengthy and fairly detailed? It's safe to assume that system/function is ingame and operational, at least to the extent described in... yep. The manual.

That's literally the purpose of the manual included with the module, is to walk you through what's there and what isn't.

Has anybody found any major system or function that IS working that IS NOT explained in detail in the manual? I have not, and I doubt anyone else has either, although I'm open to correction on this point.

Are they putting Revision Numbers on the manual(s)?

If so, your point is valid. If not, a list is more useful...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

While there will be some people that qualify for spoilt status, I'm not seeing any of that in this thread.

Mindless fan boys are just as toxic as whiners so please, don't be that guy.

Who ever said anything about detailed? At the least a basic up to date list of what's working for an early access module is most certainly needed. This is a complex module and it can be very difficult to know if something isn't working because of operator error or it's simply not yet implemented.

This

• ED Team

Guys I am sure RAZBAM have seen this request, when they are ready I am sure we will see something.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2