Communication with FE via VAICOM

I'm not sure how VAICOM works but we have used a similar program (Game Commander 2) for many years.

As long as it can produce the appropriate comms menu sequence then it should work. For example the COPY command would be F10,F1

We have kept the commands consistent from mission to mission so voice command software can work properly.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I'm not sure how VAICOM works but we have used a similar program (Game Commander 2) for many years.

As long as it can produce the appropriate comms menu sequence then it should work. For example the COPY command would be F10,F1

We have kept the commands consistent from mission to mission so voice command software can work properly.

VAICOM PRO is a addon for DCS with voice recognition functionality. So you can communicate via a microphone eg. included in the rift. Take a look here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198297&highlight=vaicom

An example:

+ Set the proper freq. for VHF radio eg. ATC freq. for Batumi

+ Push the FWD MIC Button (works as Push to Talk)

+ Say "Request ...."

+ Phrase will recogniced

+ ATC give Clearance

So is it possible to communicate with the FE via Radios and freq settings directly in the cockpit without using the F10 menu?

I don't think so because the mission scripting is looking for specific flags to be set to have the FE respond.

If it could replicate the F10 menu key commands then it would work as it would trigger the appropriate flag to be set when executed.

The Game Commander 2 program that we use can do it as each voice command is mapped to a set of key commands.

We don't have any specific radio frequency checks (except in the Tactical Campaign).

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates