Mission 10 Mavericks

• 3 weeks later...
hace 3 horas, craft dijo:

It is too hard to accomplish this mission. It is impossible to destroy all units within the illumination flares burn out.

You have ilumination flares in your ammunition stores so that you can illuminate the target area once the light is gone. I just finished the mission and it took me a lot of practice but it can be done if you have patience.

14 hours ago, borja.abadc said:

You have ilumination flares in your ammunition stores so that you can illuminate the target area once the light is gone. I just finished the mission and it took me a lot of practice but it can be done if you have patience.

my own illumination flares are too dark compare with AI, the minimum hot altitude of illumination seem 2000 only.

En 24/4/2022 a las 7:30, craft dijo:

my own illumination flares are too dark compare with AI, the minimum hot altitude of illumination seem 2000 only.

Try to shoot the flares above 2000 and below 4000 feet and not only one at a time (two or more flares increase your illumination).

Remember that you have a very limited time (about 3 or 4 minutes) to knock down the remaining targets so it is advisable to have killed all possible targets with the AI flares. I spent a lot of time practicing it to pass the final mission. You can check Recon Stewart:

• 9 months later...

Well this mission now seems to have more bugs than a flee bitten dog. I attempted the mission approximately 20 times. having the same troubles as above. Lighting, 65H's not locking on and now the smoke at targets 2 & 3. I have had the instructor run into the back of me whilst lining up to take off 4 times. Then he's flown into me on takeoff twice. I finally managed to kill all the targets and we fenced out. The instructor then tells me the 5000 ft restriction is lifted and i can land back at base. Finally feeling quite pleased with myself i start to descend towards the airport. Only to be told that i've failed because I've broken the 5000 ft restriction. Well i have really enjoyed these first two campaigns until now. I wont be attempting to complete this campaign again, as i feel its now too badly flawed to be enjoyable. I do hope the TTQ isn't as bad ?!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry you had so many problems with the mission.  Much of it is AI related which we don't have any control over but we will retest to see why after the 5000' clearance you got a restriction failure.  For the lighting you can drop flares to help with the illumination. Hopefully ED will improve the lighting going forward. We will also check the smoke on the targets.  Thanks for reporting the issues.  We will fix them if we can.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

On 2/19/2023 at 6:02 PM, Sabre-TLA said:

Sorry you had so many problems with the mission.  Much of it is AI related which we don't have any control over but we will retest to see why after the 5000' clearance you got a restriction failure.  For the lighting you can drop flares to help with the illumination. Hopefully ED will improve the lighting going forward. We will also check the smoke on the targets.  Thanks for reporting the issues.  We will fix them if we can.

Thank you for the reply. I originally bought the three campaigns for the A10C about four years ago. It took me about 18 months to get through the BFTQ and then up to this last mission in AFTQ. Obviously there were  a few glitches along the way with various updates to DCS causing problems in quite a few of the missions. Fortunately, you guys always seemed to rectify any problems that arose. I must have spent a couple of months off and on trying to complete this last one, but to no avail as it was badly bugged about two years ago. I have been away from DCS for nearly two years. So when i finally updated it, i thought i would finally get to complete this campaign. As you can imagine, after about 20 attempts with lots of strange actions mentioned above going on. I have finally given up on it. Mainly due to the fact that it's lost the enjoyment/fun factor now and just become frustrating. I am really gutted to not have completed the campaign before moving onto the AATQ but. such is life. I do hope that you manage to iron out the bugs within, as this would help others on the same journey in the future. As i mentioned above, i don't think that i personally will be returning to it. (too many lost hours and bad memories) Lol ! Thanks again for the reply.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]