Any estimate

lazduc

So what is the latest educated estimate on the stable release of 2.5? Another week, another month?

Please no " when its ready its ready".:D Is anyone experiencing a stable version on their setup? If so please post your setups. I am more interested in single player...thanks. :music_whistling:

( One of my most wanted devices arrived last Friday) Hitachi Scanning Electron Microscope ):thumbup: :D

Laz

there are some pretty big bugs being addressed at the moment..

So "When it's ready" is in fact the best answer.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I think you should explain what your understanding of stable is.

If you mean it doesn't crash, then I'll happily state that I've had NO crashes since I upgraded to 2.5.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Semantics, well trying to understand the verbiage around here is hmmmmm very confusing. With many different languages there is probably 100 different understandings of that word here on this site.

Sukebe, if your setup (errr your system/computer) does not crash, I mentioned in my first post I would like to know what your system specifications are, and any tweeks you use.

I used the word stable as I have read here that it is what is trying to be achieved..finally with this software.

Semantics, well trying to understand the verbiage around here is hmmmmm very confusing. With many different languages there is probably 100 different understandings of that word here on this site.

Sukebe, if your setup (errr your system/computer) does not crash, I mentioned in my first post I would like to know what your system specifications are, and any tweeks you use.

I used the word stable as I have read here that it is what is trying to be achieved..finally with this software.

lazduc, I have no problems whatsoever: stable, smooth and can even play MP on many servers without a glitch. Specs are in signature, I have installed 2.5beta standalone (no previous versions were installed, it is a new PC) on a brand new M.2. Settings are on High, gamma 2, and the rest I do not remember. If you want, I can upload a screenshot later, when back at home.

My guess is that, as usual, those for which it does not work properly are a lot more vocal than those who experience no problems (too busy playing it biggrin.gif)

Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus

2.50 OB has been rock solid in terms of stability for me as well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• ED Team

Some of the main issues have not affected all users, ED are working on solutions to the bugs, hopefully we will see the open beta updated soon.

But I do not have a time frame for when it will be in the release branch.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

i hope it doesn't take too long.

today it has been one week since ob was released

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• ED Team

The team is working very hard to bring 2.5 OB to final release. We have been reading all the feedback and striving to address all valid issues. The biggest one we are focused on is memory management. Less than a week after the 2.5 OB release, we released a hot fix today.

We don't want to paint ourselves in a corner and provide a 2.5 stable release date as there are too many unknowns regarding fixing some of the identified issues.

Thanks

Thanks for all the remarks and information. Its very reassuring that probably a lot are not having any major problems and this version is running rather ......smoothly.

Its also great to hear that installs on new systems with required specifications are running great.

Next week I will take the plunge and load everything...all modules, maps, etc. I have waited for over 5 years and 3 new systems that were never turned on waiting for this day. My new system is raring to go. This week I have to attend to the Microscope. :D :thumbup:

As an aside idea, would it be possible for Wags (Matt) to get photos of all the programmers, artists, employees, Directors/Owners teams, and a photo of their offices at ED? (The last photo I have is from my manual for SU-27 of the team at that time, probably all retired now..lol.)

And Matt, are you planning on attending the Flight Sims Expo's in LasVegas or Dallas? :music_whistling:

Laz

The team is working very hard to bring 2.5 OB to final release. We have been reading all the feedback and striving to address all valid issues. The biggest one we are focused on is memory management. Less than a week after the 2.5 OB release, we released a hot fix today.

We don't want to paint ourselves in a corner and provide a 2.5 stable release date as there are too many unknowns regarding fixing some of the identified issues.

Thanks

Thank you very much. This problem is very important and it needs to be fixed. I hope that whatever the solution is, isn't far away from being released with a patch to the public.