to ED: defining refuel/rearm

504Goon

With the new mission editor, could it be possible for the user to define if an airfield can be used for re-fueling or re-arming. That would greatly improve MP missions, and add much more tactical aspect into them. Right now, pilots can just fly around in afterburner all they want, and when they run out of fuel, just land to the closest airfield, unless, of course it is defended by enemy SAM's. However, there are missions where it would be impractical to have heavy defences on all of the airfields. And by heavy i mean 25T pilots cannot get through. Basically that means at least S300/Patriot + BUK/Hawk systems. Also, this pretty much removes the possibility of "inactive" or "neutral" airfields.

Of course we can use static objects to "block" the runways. However, if we want the blocking to be tight enough so that people can't do some pretty interesting landings, especially with the SFM aircraft, the airfields will just look downright silly. Having bunker/oilrig/radio mast right in the middle of the runway doesn't add to the immersion too much.

• Like 1

remove ALL refueling / rearming / repairing ability on all airfields.

add new layer style object that can be placed over an airfield that desigantes the airfield as red or blue refueling / re-arming / repairing..

or having a similar screen to the coalitions menu, where you can add airports into the red or blue side. if not in list = no refuel rearm repair.

going one step further. would be nice if for example. the ability to rearm, repair or refuel can be lost in an attack. bring on the base raid games then.

also if you land on a enemy or neutral base, you souldnt get any points for it lmao.

and in the future when we can have multipull coalitions each coalition may have their own designated air base.

there are hundreds of other improvements that need to be done to this game this is just 1 of them

• Like 1

Savage 77th Squadron 'S77th' http://www.s77th.com

The Lomac League, For Squadrons & Single Players http://www.LomacLeague.com

dantesig.gif

With the new mission editor, could it be possible for the user to define if an airfield can be used for re-fueling or re-arming. That would greatly improve MP missions, and add much more tactical aspect into them. Right now, pilots can just fly around in afterburner all they want, and when they run out of fuel, just land to the closest airfield, unless, of course it is defended by enemy SAM's. However, there are missions where it would be impractical to have heavy defences on all of the airfields. And by heavy i mean 25T pilots cannot get through. Basically that means at least S300/Patriot + BUK/Hawk systems. Also, this pretty much removes the possibility of "inactive" or "neutral" airfields.

You can sneak into the S-300PS at below 25m AGL, and for an effective shot, around 20 km. Same thing with the Buk, and quite possibly the HAWK systems, haven't mucked with the Patriot. The reason you have to get close is that the launch angle is more flatter so it won't get shot down by the SAM's missiles due to the typical pop up maneuver that missiles make for the terminal phase, when shot at long distance, and that the SAM's missiles can of course knock it out of the sky. It's for right now an angles game that hopefully doesn't have to be played when BS comes around.

Problem is that it requires a little bit of nerves of steel with the S-300PS and alot of praying/jinking with the Buk. More than likely since it seems that all have the same behaviour in some respects, the same works on most of them, but have fun in the Su-25T, as I tried it with the -33 and lost my nerve towards the end, but hey, I got the search radar ;)

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Of course we can use static objects to "block" the runways. However, if we want the blocking to be tight enough so that people can't do some pretty interesting landings, especially with the SFM aircraft, the airfields will just look downright silly. Having bunker/oilrig/radio mast right in the middle of the runway doesn't add to the immersion too much.

A simple solution for this would be refueling and rearming only when your plane is close enough

near by the refuel and arms-trucks (let say 15m).

Mission makers can decide to add or not add these trucks on the specific airfield.

Without the use of animation this could be done very quickly by the ED programmers (let say your plane needs to be parked close about 15m near by the truck).

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Fuel trucks, ammo trucs, and repair crew as units would be great. Imagine a mission where the crew is moving to a new airfield, and the opposing sides mission is to take that convoy out. Wouldn't that add a whole new perspective to CAS missions?

Though i'd be more than happy to settle with a static coalition selection to airfields. Hopefully ED takes a note..

Hehe that is slick, of course the best way is for them to just work in a team, one go for the long while another hunts for the short. Either way you can still hopefully slip a shot in, and once you got the AAA/SHORAD marked and located, it'd give you more space, but that's me.

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

this is something iv always thaught alot about wouldnet it be great if you needed refuel truck to refuel! that way you could set up a rough landing strip along a road pull upto the truck grab some gas and be on your way!!! like in clint eastwoods FIREFOX :D

i think THAT would make Bomber missions more interesting :D

Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

https://www.youtube.com/user/504smudge

https://www.facebook.com/504smudge

Didn't they fix that bug if I remember correctly? If not give it a whirl....

ED knows - the issue has been discussed before. While they mentioned that simple resource management is planned for helicopter FARPs, it wasn't clear if the same functions could be pulled onto airbases due to the current code's limitations.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

ED knows - the issue has been discussed before. While they mentioned that simple resource management is planned for helicopter FARPs, it wasn't clear if the same functions could be pulled onto airbases due to the current code's limitations.

That's good news, keep up the good work ED & Beta testers

this is something iv always thaught alot about wouldnet it be great if you needed refuel truck to refuel! that way you could set up a rough landing strip along a road pull upto the truck grab some gas and be on your way!!! like in clint eastwoods FIREFOX :D

I like that idea...

12fc42.jpg

12fc45.jpg

:thumbup:

BeachAV8R

My idea:

Take off, do your part of the mission (SEAD, Bombing or CAS) and finish the mission. Unless you're into air-quake.

It is rather about tactical behaviors like this:

While (1)

{

{Take off}

{Spam missiles}

{Land}

}

// BTW, this loop runs for ever (and ever, and a day)

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

The airfields issue shpuld definitaly be fixed.

I also suggest some rough airfields in the turkish coast just so that the AI have somewhere to land when flying over the black sea.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices