Clarity in VR with and without Deferred Shading

pagadi-zaiet

The clarity without Deferred Shading in VR is way better so the frames. Unfortunately the trees look very bad! Cockpit colours look much more natural as well without deferred but indeed all objects on the ground look washed out. We need work done on the good old fashion pre-deferred to sort this issues out!

• Like 1

Indeed, same observations here, also without VR.

Cockpits generally look much better without deferred shading,

and so the external views of the planes, in my opinion.

And also, with HDR, no deferred shading, the blending of the sun is much better.

The terrains of the Caucasus look much better with deferred shading,

though not necessarily those of Nevada...

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

I personally don't fly using my rift any more, the resolution isn' there in the current tech. Expecially with all the new eye candy that ED have produced for 2.5. Flying in 4k with everything maxed is way better that not being able to see stuff from Angels 15 when in the A10.

I do feel that the immersion factor with the rift though is second to none, roll on the next gen VR

My personal preference of course

Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

I started play DCS because of VR, and could not turn to monitor in any case. I've tried, but it's another game, and I don't like it. Also, I've got no track-IR, so VR is my only way. Nevertheles, with standard VR settings + MSAA 2x the outside graphic in 2.5 is way better than 1.5.8, but something inside the cockpit is wrong. Maybe it's the lighting and shadows, but I could read the instruments better in 1.5.8 (and I play PD1, deferred shading on and MSAA 2x). Specially a-10c and ka-50 (the oldest modules, but also the most rewarding) have something "wrong". L-39 is better, for example. ED should do something to get these cockpits at least back to what they were in 1.5.8. I like all new planes and a more and more complex environment, but please do not forget older modules; they are still the most beautiful to fly and play with.

I personally don't fly using my rift any more, the resolution isn' there in the current tech. Expecially with all the new eye candy that ED have produced for 2.5. Flying in 4k with everything maxed is way better that not being able to see stuff from Angels 15 when in the A10.

I do feel that the immersion factor with the rift though is second to none, roll on the next gen VR

Specter

Me too +1 :thumbup:

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Specter

Have you tried VR in 2.5? I find it's clarity and ability to spot aircraft etc a great step on from 2.2 which itself was a step on from 1.5.8.

It's usability has definitely been improved.

• Like 1

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Basically love the new 2.5 but it would be just great if it would look nice in VR without DS. DS makes the cockpit harder to read, it kills FPS and for me personally the worst thing is that you just cant run MSAA more than 2x and this flickering makes me more mad that framerates in the 30th - without stuttering that is - and on MSAA 4x it stutters really bad (and I´m running a GTX 1080 an a brand new K 8700).

Apart from that great work ED, that Kaukasus map is so nice and having all maps in one game is really neat!

hoping this problem will be sorted on official 2.5 release

Let’s hopeI INDEED.....

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals