anyone see this before?

The problem is caused when you constantly switch your ECM on and off on HL to avoid getting locked. Play fair and I am sure the problem will correct itself... Only joking. I have had this before but it was in 1.1 I just reinstalled it and have never had a problem again. It does sound like a problem with your graphics card or settings.

Only the spirit of attack born in a brave heart will bring success to

any BVR or Dogfight no matter how highly developed the fighter may be.

The following screen is me looking back over my right shoulder. Im not sure why this is happening or how to fix it the right way...

I can fix it by turning of the reflection but not my 1st choice...I like my lift lines. Any sugestions would be much appreciated.

Humm, Kind of weird effects Eagle, did you alt-tab to windows or something? Happens all the time? I don't recall if your using nvidia, but if you do... You might give version 84.25 a try.... Cheers.

Hope you sort it out

Humm using jammers to break locks is now consider not playing fair. Funny I must be confusing lockon as some kind of flight sim or something.

http://www.es.northropgrumman.com/ASD/brochures/ALQ135.pdf

Qoute from http://www.es.northropgrumman.com/about/index.html:

"Electronic Systems has developed, produced and continually upgraded the internal countermeasures system for the U.S. Air Force's F-15 frontline tactical fighter. As part of the most advanced integrated defensive system ever produced, the AN/ALQ-135 system detects and jams enemy radar signals automatically".

The 2nd link will not direct... use the search for AN/ALQ-135

It actual seems to happen only when I have shadows turned on to full. If I switch it to all planar it goes away???

Dawm shadow bug, you being a beta tester, hope you can work on it.

Until then, might try reverting back drivers to the one I mention. They work great on my 6800GT...It might help

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_32bit_84.25.html

If you do install them, don't forget to use driver cleaner to remove all the temp files...

Not that I will fix your issue or maybe it will. Who knows? But at this point, process of elimination, when did it start?....

EDIT: I still don't use full shadow, due to the bugs that are within...

Cheers

I meant no offence Eagle. Please read part of a question I sent to Pilotasso. It was his response to a question regarding a BVR Engagement between an F15 and Su27.

A quick question regarding your reply to a question from a Su27 pilot trying to engage an enemy F15.

You replied "Turn ECM on and off with the same timing it takes for the F-15 to recover from STT back to TWS and you will become nearly INVISIBLE (pick a mig-29 and he wont be able to see you at all). This also will keep him to from getting a single shot off, because only the radar missiles on the eagle have range to hit anything and the sidwinder still has to be cued by radar but will not hit much of anything unless your dead ahead 3 miles at your target."

I once use this tactic, I remember it caused such a stir in HL. It was like being called a cheat. I never used it again and when it was used recently against me by 44th_Eagle I was a little upset. Now Can you please clarify the position on this. Is this a technique that would work in a real world situation between the named fighters.

My initial comment was just meant to stir your memory of that engagment on HL. It was not in anyway a criticism of your tactics.

I hope you manage to sort out your graphics problems.

Only the spirit of attack born in a brave heart will bring success to

any BVR or Dogfight no matter how highly developed the fighter may be.

The following screen is me looking back over my right shoulder. Im not sure why this is happening or how to fix it the right way...

I can fix it by turning of the reflection but not my 1st choice...I like my lift lines. Any sugestions would be much appreciated.

I think I know what it is, was you flying on the Walmis's F-15C Eagle model ? You don't need to turn the reflection off

I'm sure that your COCKPIT-GLASS-STANDARD.TGA (in which .CDDS file i don't remember) has been changed, it's now in black color instead of default white color so it's your problem. If you don't have any backup of the original COCKPIT-GLASS-STANDARD.TGA, you should open Walmis's f15_maintextures.cdds with Modman 5's CDDS Browser, find F15-GLASS.TGA and extract it, rename the F15-GLASS to COCKPIT-GLASS-STANDARD then install it, everything will be recovered.

In the Walmis's models, he renamed the COCKPIT-GLASS-STANDARD.TGA to F15-GLASS for his model

With your black glass as yours and the reflection's on, you'll have the same black cockpit from inside on all other flyable plane such as: Su-27/ Su-33/ Mig-29, etc......

I meant no offence Eagle. Please read part of a question I sent to Pilotasso. It was his response to a question regarding a BVR Engagement between an F15 and Su27.

Humm np. First, I don’t remember that post a link would be cool. Second, I never switch it on and off to be invisible...that is gaming the game. I use my jammer to break lock...if I’m not locked up my jammer is off. Lock me up from greater then burn through range and I will likely go jammer on to break lock.

I think I know what it is, was you flying on the Walmis's F-15C Eagle model ? You don't need to turn the reflection off

I'm sure that your COCKPIT-GLASS-STANDARD.TGA (in which .CDDS file i don't remember) has been changed, it's now in black color instead of default white color so it's your problem. If you don't have any backup of the original COCKPIT-GLASS-STANDARD.TGA, you should open Walmis's f15_maintextures.cdds with Modman 5's CDDS Browser, find F15-GLASS.TGA and extract it, rename the F15-GLASS to COCKPIT-GLASS-STANDARD then install it, everything will be recovered.

In the Walmis's models, he renamed the COCKPIT-GLASS-STANDARD.TGA to F15-GLASS for his model

With your black glass as yours and the reflection's on, you'll have the same black cockpit from inside on all other flyable plane such as: Su-27/ Su-33/ Mig-29, etc......

Thx bud...I will give that a try later.

Man Im having a hard time doing this: I using modman bowser like you said but im not sure how to extract then rename then insert the file. I extract the tga file into the temp folder in the bowser, then change name? Then I need to insert that file into the same cdds? I cant seem to figure out how to insert the newly named file. Will it be listed by its new name?

• Like 1

sorry i misunderstood, use Modman cdds browser: if you installed Walmis' F-15 model, open the f15_maintextures.cdds. then find "F15-GLASS", extract it into .TGA format, renamed F15-GLASS to COCKPIT-GLASS-STANDARD (im not sure it's COCKPIT-GLASS-STANDARD or STANDART) then reinstall :D

Then I need to insert that file into the same cdds? I cant seem to figure out how to insert the newly named file. Will it be listed by its new name?

I always extract image to any drive (C:, D: or etc....), choose to extract into .TGA (or if you extract into DDS, use DDS converter 2.1 to change the tag into BMP) then rename it, use IrfanView 3.99 to save the file with new name as .TGA (targa format)

And how to insert that file into CDDS ? Don't worry, you don't need to install it in CDDS, if your new filename which is as like as the original filename in CDDS, it's OK. Install it to Bazar/ TempTextures folder with CDDS box is unchecked