Some nice article on F-16/mig-29 WVR

tflash

http://www.codeonemagazine.com/archives/1995/articles/jul_95/july2a_95.html

Someone posted this at SimHQ; maybe it appeared here before, but it is actually very detailed.

I remember the article; anyway this was 1995 with downgraded engines for the mig-29!

Think of how the Mig-35 would play today with the F-16 like a doll!

:D

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Be great to see this modelled ...

"The Fulcrum doesn't have the crisp movements of an F-16," Sparrow continued. "You need to be an octopus in the MiG-29 to work the avionics. Those German pilots have it tough. Just to get a simple lock on and fire a missile may take a half dozen hands-off switches or so. We can do the same with a flick of the thumb while we are looking at the HUD. F-16 pilots also have a significant sight advantage. "

At the moment it's modelled the same!

I remember the article; anyway this was 1995 with downgraded engines for the mig-29!

I think the article says the main differences, the engine power was considered sufficient. The migs differences to F-16 came about the cockpit automation and visibility, and the migs difficulty in staying in precise controll as the F-16. This is nothing new to me. I always knew the F-16 to be much responsive and easier to fly and handle than the mig.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Be great to see this modelled ...

"The Fulcrum doesn't have the crisp movements of an F-16," Sparrow continued. "You need to be an octopus in the MiG-29 to work the avionics. Those German pilots have it tough. Just to get a simple lock on and fire a missile may take a half dozen hands-off switches or so. We can do the same with a flick of the thumb while we are looking at the HUD. F-16 pilots also have a significant sight advantage. "

At the moment it's modelled the same!

Once the migs radar is in the A2A mode, lockon can be reached by one button.. But from plain navigation mode, it would be more than just "flick of the thumb". Also switching radar modes seems to be a b*tch.

A MiG-35 vs. a Block 60 F-16? I wouldn't call it an easy fight by any means ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

think how the F-22 would play with the Mig-35, like a pitbull toying with a little bunny rabbit. :D

no, they wouldn't play at all... all F-22 would see would be some RC mig-21s and then, when it's empty, a MiG-25 in it's ass ;)

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

no, they wouldn't play at all... all F-22 would see would be some RC mig-21s and then, when it's empty, a MiG-25 in it's ass ;)

... at which point it would make a nice turn that would make the MiG-25 pilot go 'WTF' and it would gun the 25 down :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

He has a point, all the F-22 is going to see are mig-21s/mig-23s/UAVs/airliners/su-25s and maybe some mi-8/mi-24s, that's it. Oh, do I need to mention those silly persons that have a paramilitary organisation and are not tied to any goverment? You know, they make clever plots, use plastic explosives, ball bearings, recruit hopeless teenagers to do their bidding. Sure, they have money, look at US's best friends, Saudi Arabia, they fincance most of them creative minds. Yet the financing isn't that big so they can buy mig-35s/su-30MK3s and other Russian high tech export goods. Surely the F-22 can spot and shoot down SUVs with explosive ordnance in 'enemy' territory, so can the B-2 remain completely stealthy, but at least it has lots of bombs to do some proper CAS

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

WHAAAT, ppl be smoking a bit too much tonight? :joystick:

He has a point, all the F-22 is going to see are mig-21s/mig-23s/UAVs/airliners/su-25s and maybe some mi-8/mi-24s, that's it. Oh, do I need to mention those silly persons that have a paramilitary organisation and are not tied to any goverment? You know, they make clever plots, use plastic explosives, ball bearings, recruit hopeless teenagers to do their bidding. Sure, they have money, look at US's best friends, Saudi Arabia, they fincance most of them creative minds. Yet the financing isn't that big so they can buy mig-35s/su-30MK3s and other Russian high tech export goods. Surely the F-22 can spot and shoot down SUVs with explosive ordnance in 'enemy' territory, so can the B-2 remain completely stealthy, but at least it has lots of bombs to do some proper CAS

think how the F-22 would play with the Mig-35, like a pitbull toying with a little bunny rabbit. :D

Yea, yea F-22 pawns everything ;) :music_whistling: .

And still no articles about a raptor versus ef2k training. That is very strange.

I wonder if it could handle 2 typhoons. Maybe we will hear something in 2012.

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Have they actually flown together yet.

Yea, yea F-22 pawns everything ;) :music_whistling: .

And still no articles about a raptor versus ef2k training. That is very strange.

I wonder if it could handle 2 typhoons. Maybe we will hear something in 2012.

THey have flow together yes. A few Typhoon flew over to the US last year. Thats a fact. Rumour has it that the typhoon behaved well agains F-22 WVR but the Raptor took the prize in BVR. Typhoons had helmets mounted sights, while the Raptors were still wayting to recieve them.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

... at which point it would make a nice turn that would make the MiG-25 pilot go 'WTF' and it would gun the 25 down :D

no... the 25 would never go near enough for that... and the purpose of the 25 in this story is not to shoot down the 22. It just turns on it's radar, and in a few minutes the 22's pilot has instant ball cancer :)

• Like 1

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

no... the 25 would never go near enough for that... and the purpose of the 25 in this story is not to shoot down the 22. It just turns on it's radar, and in a few minutes the 22's pilot has instant ball cancer :)

:doh: Oh... although in your post you went anal at first:cry: now it`s balls... go figure, lol.