[FIXED] Viggen kneeboard broken in DCS 2.5

Simon1279

Odd bug for me.

Custom kneeboard pages were working (when the rest of it was broken) now vanilla kneeboard pages work but not the custom ones.

EDIT : Nevermind, seems that the folder where you gotta put the custom files have changed.

Now instead of putting them in

DCS World\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\KNEEBOARD\indicator\CONTENT

you place them in

DCS World\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\KNEEBOARD\pages

Means that .lua of custom pages needs to modified OR like I did with funkyfranky's kneeboard, you put the .lua in the KNEEBOARD\pages folder, and the .png in the KNEEBOARD\indicator\CONTENT folder.

Or you can put them in Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard\AJS37

• 2 weeks later...

Since the last kneeboard update I need to do commands in cygwin after every patch in kneeboard directory :

..Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\KNEEBOARD\pages

sed -i 's/0.6,/0.95,/g' *.lua

sed -i 's/default_char_height\*0.95,/default_char_height\*1.00,/g' *.lua

Without that kneeboard is unreadeble :-/

fix it Please :helpsmilie:

I have the same issue as was originally mentioned in this thread... This is however on 2.5.0 Released.

If there's a fix, can I assume it's not been applied to the released version yet, and might possibly only be available on the 2.5.x open beta?

BubbaG

The font size update to the kneeboard should be out next patch, whenever that is.

The kneeboard waypoint framework will be rebuilt with some changes to what information is displayed in a slightly more streamlined format.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 10 months later...

Reviving this old thread as I have a problem that was mentioned a few times here too and that is that my "next page" and "previous page" keys seem to unbind themselves randomly. The worst thing is that I'm now unable to rebind them. This morning I had to bind them again and they worked fine throughout the multiplayer session. A few hours later I wanted to fly again and the kneeboard wouldn't respond again. This time I was also unable to rebind the keys and only got this in the key binding menu:

Unbenannt.jpg

All of the browned out entries don't work.:huh:

What am I doing wrong?:cry:

*Edit*

Just started the game again and could bind those keys.... it's really odd..btw I'm using the open Beta.:huh:

Edited by Elor

• 5 months later...

A few flights ago I got this ugly kneeboard using the Viggen (screen, not VR):

Screen_191009_185232.thumb.png.4e92c1219f6af555040e37700630ddd0.png

Were there changes in the kneeboard scripts or is this just my computer?

OpenBeta 2.5.5.36986

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

The name of the airfield is displayed using the wrong charset (probably wide or unicode) and hence the ?? symbols. In the name there are probably a delete character that removes the new-line character, hence shifts everything after this one line up. I'm been meaning to fix this for a while but haven't gotten around to it (and nobody has asked about it yet either).

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

It was in a user made mission placed in Nevada, and I think the airfield was "Lincoln County".

I hope I didn't produce hard work for you during the time we all are waiting for major updates on our beloved beast ... but if I understood right you found it worth to implement a small code change ... so I am not having bad conscience about this :D

Thanks in any case for looking into it! :thumbup:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 1 month later...

Just adding this (a month later) to illustrate that some of that map and nav data still seems to get… confused… when populating the kneeboard.

As noted in the kneeboard heading, it's straight from the PG Free Flight mission provided with the module.

Screen_191116_232510.thumb.jpg.32dd08fab3d48c03b7ca5fc17404d348.jpg

Screen_191116_232514.thumb.jpg.61d5e56ab7d5f79a7dc359e8af1b8d6b.jpg

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧