F-14 A & B - 1 module or 2 separate/bundled?

Horns

At the most Im hoping for a "special" announcement on Feb 19th. Probably that the module's art assets are complete (for the F14B) and that the early access release candidate has gone into EDs hands for final testing.

Would be really cool if it were true :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Feb 19th was just a typo. :)

I mean to write January 19th. Brain in a different place, and all that.

Considering the tin foil hat crowd is also the type that keeps pitchforks handy, I'd at least send out a dev update (with new pics) on FEB 19th just to keep them quiet. :smilewink:

more than 0% less than 100%

The most accurate thing I've ever read about anything related to DCS development.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

Will people without the F-14 module be able to join a server with the Forrestral included in the mission? It'd suck if they won't.. (Just worrying about some of my squadronmates not being able to join my training mission or any other server with the Forrestral included)

Will people without the F-14 module be able to join a server with the Forrestral included in the mission? It'd suck if they won't.. (Just worrying about some of my squadronmates not being able to join my training mission or any other server with the Forrestral included)

Shouldn't be a problem. DCS has added other 3rd part aircraft like the Viggen and Harrier.

Edited by Swordsman422

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

Shouldn't be a problem. DCS has added other 3rd part aircraft like the Viggen and Harrier.

Please read the post again. Other 3rd party aircraft didn't have assets associated with them. Only the Harrier did AFAIK with the LHA-1 Tarawa and KC-130, but these became a free part of DCS World. I'm not sure if it was confired the Forrestral carrier battlegroup will be free for all DCS players. For example, if you don't own the WW2 asset pack, you can't join servers where any part of it is included.

Please read the post again. Other 3rd party aircraft didn't have assets associated with them. Only the Harrier did AFAIK with the LHA-1 Tarawa and KC-130, but these became a free part of DCS World. I'm not sure if it was confired the Forrestral carrier battlegroup will be free for all DCS players. For example, if you don't own the WW2 asset pack, you can't join servers where any part of it is included.

Did. Answer stands. I didn't know that about the WWII objects pack but I think it would be the exception seeing as how a lot of those objects are usable by players with Combined Arms. The 3rd party aircraft and some of their related assets were added in to DCS for free. Maybe the WWII assets will be rolled in after 2.5 but not be "playable" like the Viggen, Harrier, and Tiger if the player lacked the module to use it.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

Curious about whether or not the Tomcat and Hornet will be compatible with each other's carriers?

Seems like there would need to be some kind of logic built in as to how they are handled by the deck crews, parked, reloaded, etc.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

I’d be surprised if the planes couldn’t not operate off the updated DCS flat top and the Zippo.

Do we actually have any evidence about the deck crew situation? Obviously HB have them modeled to some degree but to what end? Animated deck crew? To what extent, will they actually be seen fueling or arming? Or just at launch...many questions.

And why assume the DCS CVN would have animated crew? All I’ve seen about that is an updated carrier for the Hornet to play with.

"Chops"

It would be cool to see the yellowshirts directing planes on the flight deck, troubleshooters banging and knocking on the jet before it's shot off, greenshirts hooking it up to the catapult, and ordies pulling arming pins. Very immersive.

However, there has to be some kind of limit. I mean, not everyone knows what flight deck hand and wand signals mean, so there might need to be some kind of text indicator of what the yellowshirt is telling you, or even a highlight aura indicating who you are supposed to be watching. Pretty easy to understand it's the guy in front of your nose when you start off, but when he hands you off to the next guy in the chain, some of us might need a little help there.

Be interesting to see how this shakes out.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

So it’ll be released in six batches? Works for me haha lemme learn to fly the thing before I tackle landing on the Forrestal.

Yeah.....that also means no F-14A anytime soon...... there go my plans for 2018 :(

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Do we actually have any evidence about the deck crew situation? Obviously HB have them modeled to some degree but to what end? Animated deck crew? To what extent, will they actually be seen fueling or arming? Or just at launch...many questions.

And why assume the DCS CVN would have animated crew? All I’ve seen about that is an updated carrier for the Hornet to play with.

Well, not necessarily assuming this, but I would assume there should be some logic as to how aircraft spawn on the ship, move to the catapults, and what happens after you land and need to park, for both player controlled and AI aircraft. I guess it makes sense this should apply to any aircraft type that could operate from the carriers.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT