Oculus Rift strange behaviour

Repsol2k

I tried after a couple of days to get my Oculus running with 2.5. I noticed lags/stutter even i have about 60-80 FPS. Dont know why these laggy behaviour is there but then as i tried to configure some things during DCS was running and i was sitting in the Huey that when i click outside the game window that the game then runs smooth without microstutter or something similar.

Also my framerates going from 60-80 to steady 90.

Does someone also noticed these behaviour ? Does these behaviour accours because when i click outside the game window that the input are disabled like joystick and rudder ? Because the inputs arent working when i click outside the game window as normal.

Can my microstutter come from a not correct setup of my inputs ? Even i dont know why these are not correct.

I will also try to delete all my input profiles of DCS to check if maybe the microstutter are related due to a faulty profile.

Would be nice if someone can also check these behaviour. And if clicking outside the game window let dissapear microstutter.

Here are my Inputs:

Mouse

Keyboard

2x Sensor for Oculus

1x Oculus itself

2x Logitech X-56 (Stick/Throttle)

1x Logitech G940 Rudder

My Rig:

Windows 10

Nvidia Driver 388.71

Nvidia ASUS Strix GTX 1070 OC

i7 7700K @ 4.6 GhZ

32 GB Corsair Vengeance

ASUS Z270H

Are you by chance running any monitoring software, like AIDA64 or GPU monitoring like Afterburner or Precision?

Is this a new Rift setup or an issue that just started happening and was working fine earlier?

If so try disabling power monitoring for the GPU.

Also some of the latest Nvidia drivers have been reported to cause some issue with the Rift. Might try doing a clean install, of an earlier driver, like 388.31 or even 388.13.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yeah i already read that the 388.31 or the 388.13 are the latest for many good working driver i will try those also.

Honestely i didnt tried it as much as i may should be but with 2.2 it runs better. I know that 2.5 have some issues but even with PD on 1.0 and all settings low it should run free of stutter. Also i noticed that not only the picture seems to be laggy also sound gets laggy when the picture is stuttering.

I have running AISuite and CorsairLink. I will give it a try to turn those off maybe that is my problem.

How do u handle it with the DP or SuperSampling? Only adjusting these with DCS DP or ? So for example with Oculus Tray Tool i let it at the standard SuperSampling?

Ok tried to turn off the AI Suite and Corsair Link its getting slightly better , then i installed the 388.31 driver but yeah stutter still there and i dotn know what to do . It turned everything down its even not anymore possible to read the text of the Multiplayer Chat because PD 1.0 ..... kind of frustrating :/

Not real sure what is going on, with your system you should at least be having a smooth experience.

When you installed the 388.31 drivers did you uninstall your drivers first with DDU in safe mode? ( Display Driver Uninstaller).

Then only install the driver itself, and PhysX. Do not install GeForce Experience or any of that other stuff, just the actual driver and PhysX in a clean install. After installation, be sure and go into Nvidia Control Panel and set power management to " Prefer Maximum Performance". I think by default it sets it to Optimum Performance ( you do not want that).

Also I would try deleting all the metashaders and fxo files in DCS, they will rebuild on the next launch. It will take longer to launch the first time as it rebuilds those files.

You will find those in the DCS 2.5 Open Beta folder in your Users- < your user name> -Saved Games directory.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Already deinstalled it with the DDU tool . But maybe i should get rid of the Geforce Experience think.

MetaShaders and FXo i already renewed 2 days ago. And Nvidia power management is set to Prefer Maximum Performance as well as Windows 10 Power options to High Performance.

Sometimes im thinking that something is there which stops my pc :/ Maybe i should make a new Windows Install to get rid of all bad stuff though.

I have the same problems and have posted threads on it. I have not been able to come up with a solution either. Doing a fresh install of the game is what really caused the issue for me. The old upgraded install didn't have this momentary freezing issue.

I have 3 green . So gear down and locked :D Hand Controllers are not connected.

Yeah already thought that maybe the sensors are the problem but they are working in for example Lone Echo as they should.

ATM im fiddeling around with my CPU setup i put everything to standard except DDR which i put to XMP profile. Its getting slightly better and i have more and more the idea that maybe my power supply is getting too old even i have an Enermax 850W 80+ Power supply but it is i think now over 5 years old :/

Already deinstalled it with the DDU tool . But maybe i should get rid of the Geforce Experience think.

MetaShaders and FXo i already renewed 2 days ago. And Nvidia power management is set to Prefer Maximum Performance as well as Windows 10 Power options to High Performance.

Sometimes im thinking that something is there which stops my pc :/ Maybe i should make a new Windows Install to get rid of all bad stuff though.

If you have not done so yet, definitely try doing another uninstall with DDU and then install the drivers clean with only the driver and PhysX. No GeForce Experience ( or any of that other stuff).

If nothing else at least it would rule that out. I have seen reports where GeForce Experience can cause this type of thing.

Don B

So removed all with DDU tool in safe mode. Only installed PhysX and Driver.

But when im InGame and as Example i use the AV8 Free Weapon Practice Quick Mission my Framerates ar jumping around from 30-60. Then i tried to keep it on 45 but yeah every 3-5 seconds it falls down for a short moment. The Performance Headroom of the Tray Tool tells me i have -60/80% ?? So not quite good.

Turned shadows off now and PD to 1.3 and MSAA Off but yeah still FPS are wiggeling around :/

I have the same problems and have posted threads on it. I have not been able to come up with a solution either. Doing a fresh install of the game is what really caused the issue for me. The old upgraded install didn't have this momentary freezing issue.

Same here. I went from 2.2 to 2.5OB and opened DCS with Rift headset on. All I saw was the room with grid flooring. No ability to proceed beyond because mouse/controller not recognized. Oculus blamed it on HDMI connection. Headset LED blinked S-O-S in Morse code but would not activate. I've returned entire outfit to Oculus and await replacement. I clean reinstalled Win10, DCS, Oculus, Java and now wait.

Something in 2.5OB or the latest NVIDIA driver upgrade effected the compatibility of the two in my opinion.

My rig: ASRock X370 Killer mobo, Ryzen 5-1600x cpu, 32Gb DDR4, 1Tb HHD, 256 Gb SSD, Win10, 1050W psu, T1600 joystick, throttle & pedals, Oculus Rift CV1

Asus ROG Maximus Hero Z690-E, i9-13900KF, RTX 4090, Trident Z Neo 64Gb (4x16) DDR5 6600 C32, EVO 980 Pro 2Tb M.2 Nvme SSD, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro, MFG Crosswind pedals, Virpil MongoosT-50 throttle, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case, 1200W Asus Platinum G+ PSU, Win10 Pro 64 bit

With OR you should have stady 90, 45 or lower. Every fps between is strange. During flight try to pres rctrl+1 or 2 or 3 on yhe num keyboard. See what is best for you. Maybe it would help...

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

So dont know if that somebody want to know but now my download marathon begin :D Windows already installed and also the drivers etc.

I will give a report tomorrow if maybe a faulty windows or some programs which are laming my pc causing the problems.

Because when now it doesnt runs smooth then i dont know where the heck is the problem. But i think a fresh windows and the minimum of programs installed should be a kind of "solution" even i know that its for most of us not the right solution.

Nevertheless thanks for your afford trying to help me. If the problems are still there after the BIG reinstall then maybe we can continue to find the source :D

But the download marathon gives me time to continue the work on my BF109 plastic model :D :D So everything has a sense though

Edited by Repsol2k

Ok download marathon is finished and yeah its runs smooth as never before.

Even i didnt optimized my settings it runs stable. Ok sometimes only little drop to 42FPS but rest runs a stable straight line of 45FPS according to Tray Tool. Didnt even set Nvidia to high performance though. But definetely an improvement !!!

For everybody who has problems like i had this could be a solution or only to make a new partition and install there only DCS and the Oculus driver.

Below u can see my settings from my last Test run.

Also i noticed that the loading times are quicker .

Screen_180209_074641.thumb.png.4090a7d4bc84a6a9ec4d54c1ca831b6b.png