Wow...!

JG3Siggi

Well, that was a simming experience second to nothing in years.

Over an hour to get the engine started...realism, 11 out of 10.

Taxied away like a drunk person, got onto the runway. Flaps down. Take off, a few hairy seconds as it got off the ground. Pulled everything up (including my jaw) and went for a spin, ended up at 30k.

Back down, beat stuff up, return to airfield. Flaps and cart down, near-perfect landing, taxied back to BIS-park, shut down the engine, opened the canopy (eventually, after shutting off the oxygen...I'd thought the canopy was jammed, lol), and sat in awe.

The cockpit is like something out of a...I dunno, it's art. Absolutely stunning. I'm stiff as a plank but grinning from ear to ear. The whole thing kind of reminds me of what Galland said when he took the 262 up for the first time.

£30 after the bonus-points discount and worth every penny. :)

OP - would agree, the little MiG is a hoot to fly!

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

+1 Such an iconic aircraft too....even the history/evolution of the aircraft makes great reading,but agreed.the DCS MiG 15 is a real treat to fly,respect and kudos to the devs for this little marvel,first class ED.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

• 3 months later...

Interesting. Started off in the MiG and have been flying it exclusively for months now. I have a lot of stick time in the DCS Warbirds and I think the MiG easily compares to the BF-109 in terms of flight characteristics.

I just got done flying the F-86 for about an hour for the first time and making my way through the manual and Chuck's guide. I can tell you, it easily flies like the P-51 in terms of "feel."

The P-51 is a pilot's airplane. Lot of luxury features (3-axis trim controls), responsive and a great roll rate. The F-86 feels that way too. Very responsive, great roll rate, lots of features and I'm a fan of the armament.

The 109 and the MiG both feel a lot "rougher" to fly, lack some of the luxary features of the western planes, but in the 1v1 match-up, just as the 109 is superior to the Mustang, the MiG is superior to the Sabre.

Online it seems the MiG excels in the DCS airquake where most people fly lone wolf. Forcing Sabres to the deck and dragging them out in a turn duel seems like a guaranteed victory if the Sabre doesn't egress the fight with enough energy to outrun the MiG. Just as the 109 has a low speed sustained turn advantage, can out accelerate the Mustang, out climb it, but not outrun it since the Mustang has a slightly higher top speed.

Great airplanes for sure, and I'm glad I started in the MiG which makes the Sabre a joy to fly since it "feels" so good. But the MiG is the ideal aircraft for 1v1 dogfighting in the Korea server even if it "feels" rougher.

-SLACK

For the mig, they easy way to kill things is immelmann's. It had such a high climb rate that nothing can follow. If a saber (even f5e) follows you, after a few immelmann's they will lose a lot of energy and be easy prey. If they dont follow you, just try and slot in on them.

Edit- never follow a saber if they go into a scissors, they will out roll you and you will die. Also if they dive away, dont bother just keep altitude.

Edited by billman

One of my favorite module :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

• 6 months later...

Brilliant module, brilliant plane. It really is fun to fly - as long as you stay in it's 'comfort zone'. And you'll learn it's quirks soon enough too and learn how to manage them. And it's part of the fun, of course :) A very charismatic little plane and a very well made module.

Only minus is that there is limited missions and no campaigns included within the module. To be honest - without the 'Museum Relic' campaign being available, I wouldn't probably have bought the module in the first place. And it would have been a shame.

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer