HUD Dimmer Question?

Deano87

Hey all.

Loving the 2.5 updates to the Mirage! Good to see her getting some love and I'm very excited for the new cockpit textures to arrive :D

To my question. Most aircraft I know with a HUD have some way of dimming it so its not blindingly bright in low-light conditions.

1. Does the real M2000 have a HUD dimmer?

2. Is it modelled in the sim?

3. If it is, where is the knob? lol

4. If not, is it on the list of things to add?

It really makes using the aircraft in low light situations difficult.. Not only is the HUD glass kinda dark but the very bright hud makes it extremely difficult to see what you're about to fly into. :thumbup:

Thanks!

D

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Yes, in the real aircraft you can adjust HUD brightness with a knob, but RAZBAM is surprisingly persistent in not modelling this feature in their aircraft.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Yes, in the real aircraft you can adjust HUD brightness with a knob, but RAZBAM is surprisingly persistent in not modelling this feature in their aircraft.

I assumed we'd get it one day, am I being naive?

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

Hope they include it one day, it is a little bit anoying having to tilt your head to look beside the HUD to be able to see whats in front of you.

System: MSI Z370 | i7 8700K | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 2080Ti | TM Warthog | Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | SA342 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | F-5E | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-21 | MiG-19P | MiG-15 | F-16C | JF-17 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | Christen Eagle II | Yak-52 | Bf 109 K-4 | NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf | The Channel

It will come :)

:) hope so!

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

*bump* just one of the many request threads on this feature.

Im starting to walk around with a Mirage HUD burned into my retina.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |