jhmcs

gavagai

I read the FAQ and did a forum search. I don't have a lot of time these days. Will the F-18 have JHMCS? This is the main thing I'm looking for in the sim.

Thank you.:thumbup:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

yes eventually it will be added but will not be present on the initial release of the early access

Fair enough. Thanks!

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I read the FAQ and did a forum search. I don't have a lot of time these days. Will the F-18 have JHMCS? This is the main thing I'm looking for in the sim.

Thank you.:thumbup:

Second question in the FAQ

Q: What weapons and sensors will be included?

A: Please consult the detailed list here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3285514&postcount=13

Click the link for more information, there you find your answer. :smilewink:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Out of curiosity, how does the JHMCS display information to the pilot? Is it displayed on a monocle or is projected on to the visor? I mainly ask because I am left eye dominant and the monocle is usually on the right eye (I play with VR so not sure if it will affect me).

Also what sort of information is displayed? Is just a aiming cue or does it display HUD stuff when looking away from the HUD?

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Its projected into the visor so its visible with both eyes.

Levels of information is user adjustable from just a aiming cue all the way to a pretty much full HUD repeater with pitch ladder horizon lines etc. But as this is a repeat of the pitch ladder shown on the HUD it doesn't take into account of where you are looking so a lot of people find this quite disorienting. My brother flew the F-16 with Aiming cues + all the HUD info but without pitch ladder or horizon line.

The "other" sim has quite a good representation of the F-16 JHMCS and I can't wait to get similar functionality in DCS. Apparently the AV8B should be getting it at some point as well?

Obviously its setup so once you look back towards the HUD it disappears and its only visible when looking away.

jhmcs_display_symbology.jpg

Edited by Deano87
  • Like 1

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

It's displayed on the visor but it's actually just over where the right eye sees through the visor, so right eye only. I think F-35 has it both eyes but for 4th gen like F-16, F-15, F-18, etc. the display is only on that one part over the right eye.

Not sure if it is aircraft specific for what is displayed on the visor, I imagine it is. In F-15s it will show pretty much all the HUD info plus a cross for center of the display, heading for where you're looking (with the top heading bar where the jet is pointing, bottom has just the numbers for your heading) and degrees to the side you're looking. Can also put on horizon crosses to 90 degrees left and right which is useful for flying tactical line abreast, just put your flight lead where the cross is and you're perfectly in formation as long as your headings are the same. Only real cockpit customization you have is uplook bias for AIM-9X stuff, displaying the horizon crosses, and when the display blanks (always on, off when looking at HUD, or off when looking inside the cockpit.)

I wonder if it will include RWR information as the real world system does....pretty classified though.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Yeah, from the NATOPS:

Some HUD data only provides the pilot usable information when presented along the aircraft boresight. HMD data is not always presented along the aircraft boresight. For this reason, the aircraft pitch ladder, horizon bar, water line indicator, and velocity vector are not displayed on the HMD/AHMD.

In addition to aircraft attitude data, the HMD/AHMD does not replicate the Ground Proximity Warning System (GPWS) arrow. However, when the GPWS is activated, ALTITUDE is displayed in the HARM window of the HMD/AHMD.

and finally:

The main display provides a monocular 20° field of view that is visible in front of the pilot’s right eye.
  • Like 1

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

Thanks Nightwolf

I wonder how it will feel in VR to use being left eye dominant.

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Thanks Nightwolf

I wonder how it will feel in VR to use being left eye dominant.

I don't see why it would be that big of an issue. There are lots of left-eye dominant people and nobody seems to be complaining about how the monocle in the Ka-50 works. Obviously that isn't a full HUD, but it's still a "one-eye visible" kind of thing, right?