Mods not recognized

Mods that have been installed in my Saved Games folder are not recognized in the game. I've deleted my DCS.openbeta folder in Saved Games and DCS created a new one but that didn't solve the issue. I also did a updater.exe cleanup in the bin folder of Eagle Dynamics as well. No luck. I tried a few different mods thinking that would matter but again no success. Any suggestions are appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Mods that have been installed in my Saved Games folder are not recognized in the game. I've deleted my DCS.openbeta folder in Saved Games and DCS created a new one but that didn't solve the issue. I also did a updater.exe cleanup in the bin folder of Eagle Dynamics as well. No luck. I tried a few different mods thinking that would matter but again no success. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I dont really use the saved game method myself, but are you putting the mods in the correct DCS directory in the Saved Games folder; i.e. release or open beta? I could see some people getting messed up if they normally play on release but installed open beta as well for the 2.5 update.

Mods that have been installed in my Saved Games folder are not recognized in the game... Any suggestions are appreciated.

Which Mods are you having trouble with? .. I gave a quick try to several of mine and they do work from Saved Games:

9mnaAUf.jpg

veN5PAw.jpg

5EeDLJT.jpg

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

They are going in the correct directory with proper file structure. I have a few different mods, such as liveries and no luck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Make sure you have the mod file structure correct within the Saved games folder, they need to match the main game folder layout, making sure it has the Mods\aircraft or Mods\ tech structure within its main folder

so for example an installed & activated F18 or f14 mod should look like

E:\Users\(USERNAME)\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\VSN_F14A\(mods files & folders)

if running through OvGME the mod folder before activation should look like

VSN_F14A+AFM VNAO v2.5.0.01\Mods\Aircraft\VSN_F14A\(mod files and folders)

if it a ship or vehicle then it would have the tech folder

Russian Naval Group KUZNETSOV\Mods\tech\Russian Naval Group KUZNETSOV\(mod files & folders)

for liveries make sure folder name for the aircraft is exactly the same as the main DCS install for that aircraft

E:\Users\(username)\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\VSN_F14A

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Make sure you have the mod file structure correct within the Saved games folder, they need to match the main game folder layout, making sure it has the Mods\aircraft or Mods\ tech structure within its main folder

so for example an installed & activated F18 or f14 mod should look like

E:\Users\(USERNAME)\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\VSN_F14A\(mods files & folders)

if running through OvGME the mod folder before activation should look like

VSN_F14A+AFM VNAO v2.5.0.01\Mods\Aircraft\VSN_F14A\(mod files and folders)

if it a ship or vehicle then it would have the tech folder

Russian Naval Group KUZNETSOV\Mods\tech\Russian Naval Group KUZNETSOV\(mod files & folders)

for liveries make sure folder name for the aircraft is exactly the same as the main DCS install for that aircraft

E:\Users\(username)\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\VSN_F14A

Hello And if it is a "Gren Thunder" mod, or similar for changing the surface appearance of the map, how to do it with JSGME in DCS 1.5.8?

So, all mods, with exception of liveries must be dropped into the "mods" folder in Saved Games? For instance, my squad has a mod pack. The folder structure starts with four folders: Bazar, Mods, Scripts and Sounds. Where do I drop those files?

I had created a _MODS folder in Saved Games for JSGME as I had previously done in 1.5. That isn't working. So, I'm familiar with the file structure.

They are going in the correct directory with proper file structure. I have a few different mods, such as liveries and no luck.

Liveries are not Mods any more, you can put them on Saved Games/DCS/Liveries/Name of the plane/Name of the Mod ... like this:

SFKeAnA.jpg

So, all mods, with exception of liveries must be dropped into the "mods" folder in Saved Games? For instance, my squad has a mod pack. The folder structure starts with four folders: Bazar, Mods, Scripts and Sounds. Where do I drop those files?

I hate the Packs :( ... its much easier to administer the Mods by separate. For example on Bazar you are most likely putting Liveries .. they have to go on the Folder I mentioned above, within Saved Games.

The Mods and Scripts folder can be replicated on /saved games/dcs/mods ... but only to put completely new objects, it cant be used as a replacement for ED's default objects.

The sound objects have to be put on /Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS/Sounds ... and most likely will break the integrity check for multiplayer gaming :(

Hope this makes sense, as its rather convoluted.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

anything modded into the Bazar folder were likely texture mods (terrain textures in particular) most especially terrain's won't work anymore in 2.5

Mods, Liveries, Scripts & Sounds folders are still usable in the Saved games folder, if you don't have them in there already just create the folders

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Thanks, but I'm totally confused. I get liveries. But there are files in the Bazar folder for example......TEMP TEXTURES and WORLD. There is a folder within WORLD called SHAPES. I must be overthinking this because it can't be this difficult. This is my Saved Games Folder.

5sJrYL3.png

Edited by jcbak

Thanks, but I'm totally confused. I get liveries. But there are files in the Bazar folder for example......TEMP TEXTURES and WORLD. There is a folder within WORLD called SHAPES. I must be overthinking this because it can't be this difficult.

Here is more info: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190778

I understand that Mods that alter the maps and terrains, cant be used on multiplayer anymore, as it allowed several types of cheating.

• 1 year later...

I am new to DCS.

I am using DCS 2.5.4 and I tried to enable a free plane (Eurofighter) with JSGME. It shows up in the module manager but not in the game. In the module manager it is greyed out.

Does that mean that I cannot enable any free aircraft etc. in DCS?

I am new to DCS.

I am using DCS 2.5.4 and I tried to enable a free plane (Eurofighter) with JSGME. It shows up in the module manager but not in the game. In the module manager it is greyed out.

Does that mean that I cannot enable any free aircraft etc. in DCS?

Did you check the Mod’s requirements .. maybe it needs that you own FC3 in order to be flyable?

Be sure mod goes in .....\Saved Games\DCS(.openbeta)\Mods\aircraft.

It´s in DCS Wold OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\VSN_Eurofighter, and in

.\...\saved games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\VSN_Eurofighter.

and it shows up in the Module manager under "installed" together with all my purchased planes. The green button is lit to the far right. But VSN (in the producers column) does not light up when pointed at with the mouse.

I tried this also with other free aircraft, always samr result.

Did you check the Mod’s requirements .. maybe it needs that you own FC3 in order to be flyable?

Just tried the latest version of this Mod (2.5.4.05 : https://filehorst.de/downloadQueue.php?file=crJJgcya&fhuid=XTYsSA0p3YnahBNUQiNEL4S6NfwIcQF9 ) and it works fine for me, are you sure that you do have FC3 installed?

rwuD3bf.jpg

Lm4sMG2.jpg

yNDfn6U.jpg

Best regards

• 2 months later...

Labels mod only in Saved Games?

Found this thread through a search.

So from what I understand is that the original files need to be deleted from the DCS install location and the modded files into Saved Games?

Example: I have a custom labels script and when I use JSGME or OvGME to place it into my Saved Games location, the mod does not work. I presume from what I read here because the original labels file is also in the game install location?

So how do I configure JSGME or OvGME that it has to backup and delete the originals in the DCS world root directory and place the mods under Saved Games?

From what I learned till now, mod managers (JSGME/OvGME) are great if it's a totally new mod (new airplane, livery, terrain) so that installation into Saved Games does not interfere with game originals. However, when you want to alter certain game aspects (labels, A-10C cockpit, ...) then you either need to overwrite the originals in the game root, or delete the originals and install mods into Saved Games, is that correct?

Thanks

My rig:

My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/mWdlQk

PC Specs: Intel i7-3770k 3.5GHz | GeForce RTX 2060Super 8GB | Iiyama Black Hawk G-Master 75Hz dual monitors |16 GB RAM | ASUS Z77 Sabertooth mobo | Saitek PRO Combat Rudder Pedals | TM HOTAS Cougar | TrackIR5 | Win10x64

DCS loads only selected folders from Saved Games; therefore some mods can be implemented only by substituting files in the main DCS folder. Sound mods are one example. So I have 2 OvGME configurations: 1 for Saved Game mods and 1 for DCS root mods.

Thanks for clearing that up. How to know which mods can go into Saved Games folder? By testing of course but is there other info on this?

My rig:

My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/mWdlQk

PC Specs: Intel i7-3770k 3.5GHz | GeForce RTX 2060Super 8GB | Iiyama Black Hawk G-Master 75Hz dual monitors |16 GB RAM | ASUS Z77 Sabertooth mobo | Saitek PRO Combat Rudder Pedals | TM HOTAS Cougar | TrackIR5 | Win10x64

How to know which mods can go into Saved Games folder? By testing of course but is there other info on this?

Usually the Mods came with a readme file that contains instructions on how to install the Mod, but for those Mods that don’t or that have outdated instructions; the rule of thumb is that if the Mod ADDs something to DCS (a new plane, new object, new livery) it can go on Saved Games, but if the Mod CHANGEs some aspect of the game (a new Map texture, new engine sounds, a modified game database, etc) then the Mod goes onto the game folder.