New NVG, why?

edokg

Hi guys, what do you think about new monocle NVG?

Now the periphal vision is 0, and I think this is a very big problem for all, especially for helicopters...

I really don't understand this "change"...

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic128931_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

SO:Win10 64bit CPU:Intel i7 8700K@3.7 RAM:DDR4 46GB G.Skill Trident 3200MHz CL14 GPU:Nvidia EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW iCX MB:ASRock Z370 Extreme4 HDD:

512GB Samsung 970 PRO SSD M.2 NVMe + 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

I think as it is now it's at a realistic setting. There are different NVG's with different capabilities.

The previous simulation of the NVG was much more inaccurate IMO.

One thing I've requested in another thread is to have an external NVG view with different settings that would cover a bigger portion of the screen, same can be applied for the internal cockpit view.

Sure the image is more realistic but I don't understand the choice of the monocle...in reality most of the pilots are equipped at least with binoculars or even with panoramic NVG (PNVGs)...

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic128931_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

SO:Win10 64bit CPU:Intel i7 8700K@3.7 RAM:DDR4 46GB G.Skill Trident 3200MHz CL14 GPU:Nvidia EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW iCX MB:ASRock Z370 Extreme4 HDD:

512GB Samsung 970 PRO SSD M.2 NVMe + 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

Sure the image is more realistic but I don't understand the choice of the monocle...in reality most of the pilots are equipped at least with binoculars or even with panoramic NVG (PNVGs)...

Binocular NVGs provide the same circular view on the world as is represented in the current implementation. What we have now is very close to real world aircrew NVDs, the only major differences are due to the lighting systems limitations (eg brightness of aircraft lighting, reheat plumes, lights on ththe ground).

• Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

all very well being as realistic as possible, but what about those of us who only have 1 eye, at least make it possible to choose which side the monocular is on for when we fly in VR. same goes for the KA-50 helmet sight.

What are you talking about? It does both eyes in VR.:huh:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Tonedogg is correct. That is the way it is for the Kamov

In the KA50 the sight reticle is only projected onto the right eye in VR. You will not see it in the left display whatsoever.

The KA50 is modelled as a helmet mounted device on the right eye only.

With the Mi-8, UH1H & SA342 the sight is reflected off a glass surface in front of the pilot and although positioned in front of the right eye the head can be moved or the camera angle moved so that the left eye has dominance.

Edited by Gizzy

SIGBLOCK.png

@ Deano87, what i'm on about-- if you read the first post it says the nvg is a monocle which means 1 eye covered. so if that's the case in VR and it's only the right eye then surprise surprise you can't use night vision with only a left eye.

Ok if we are talking just about NVGs and not any of the helicopter devices etc. In 2D it's not a monocle, it's presented how binocular NVGs appear when you are wearing them, which is as one circle in the centre of your vision. The fact it's just a circle in the centre of the screen does not mean it's modelled as a "monocle". Also I fly with NVGs in VR regularly and I can tell that you that it's over both eyes not just one. As you would expect for binocular NVGs. Now, NVGs are pretty useless in VR currently as you can't see anything inside the cockpit. But that's besides the point.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Now, NVGs are pretty useless in VR currently as you can't see anything inside the cockpit. But that's besides the point.

If you're speaking about the focal blur there is a way to disable that in Bazar\shaders\PostEffects\NVD_HDR.fx

change line 62 to: #define FOCUS_DISTANCE 0

be aware though that this alteration breaks multiplayer integrity checks.

If you're speaking about the focal blur there is a way to disable that in Bazar\shaders\PostEffects\NVD_HDR.fx

change line 62 to: #define FOCUS_DISTANCE 0

be aware though that this alteration breaks multiplayer integrity checks.

Excellent! Thanks for the tip!

Proud owner of:

• 1 month later...

Im lt eye dominate so i prefer to use it over that eye just like i use my nvg monocular in rl

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.