F-14 February Mini-Update

Cobra847

I think everybody is right in a way here, but please guys, since it won't change anything arguing about the righteousness of expecting updates or not...

could you stop bumping up old threads with the words F-14 and UPDATE in it?

At least for today :D

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why people are getting their "panties in such a twist" at the moment. The updates will come when they come. I'm anxious to see, read and hear more about the status of the Tomcat.

If one person posts a question about if a date is still valid - cool. When multiple people start arguing and acting like they were promised something on these forums and others - well now you are just being silly.

Take a deep breath, go outside and just do something. Heatblur will post updates when they have things "put together" in a manner in which they are ready to show it.

We have been “taking a deep breath, going outside, and doing something else” since Heatblur estimated a release in 2016...then 2017...

I haven’t touched DCS since December as I have been waiting for the 2.5 release version and for everything to be fixed.

It is time we start holding these developers accountable for what they say and the constant delays. As of right now, Heatblur’s word is no good. If I can’t trust what they say, how can I trust what they make? In December, they offered giftcards for sale...which were Tomcat themed. If that wasn’t a “pre-sale” then I don’t know what is. The only thing missing was a release date or as ED has done, a release season. Once Heatblur started asking for money, our demand for information about their product should naturally increase.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

We have been “taking a deep breath, going outside, and doing something else” since Heatblur estimated a release in 2016...then 2017...

I haven’t touched DCS since December as I have been waiting for the 2.5 release version and for everything to be fixed.

Count to ten a few times, then?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I don't know why people are getting their "panties in such a twist" at the moment. The updates will come when they come. I'm anxious to see, read and hear more about the status of the Tomcat.

If one person posts a question about if a date is still valid - cool. When multiple people start arguing and acting like they were promised something on these forums and others - well now you are just being silly.

Take a deep breath, go outside and just do something. Heatblur will post updates when they have things "put together" in a manner in which they are ready to show it.

I'm laughing.. this is just one of those things that have been going on for years!.. Devs can announce something "with great certainty", "I promise".. "guaranteed".. And time and time again they (usually) fail to deliver. And time and time again some people in the community get riled up about it.

It took me years to become fatalistic about it. And the very old saying of "It's ready when it's ready.." is slowly becoming ingrained into my psyche.. ;-) Nevertheless it's funny to see this situation being repeated over and over again. Even when Dev's get burned, they try again and again.. It's just one of these things I guess..

F-14 February Mini-Update

Are you saying we shouldnt give any value to promises and great “certainty” of devs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% correct. Just relax.

Edit: see next post, now step back from that ledge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440