A honest request of a Steam User

wedge_one

The F/A-18C is currently in pre-purchase with a 25% discount bonus until it's released in Early Access.

So, as a DCS Steam user, I would like do to a very honest request: when you release the F/A-18C on Steam, do with a launch discount for 24hs of similar value. That would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

¬ wedge

Wishlist: DCS: F-16C

wedgeDCS - Modern Custom CSS themes for the Forum

Please note that this DLC uses Steam Keys instead of Starforce keys. As such, this purchase cannot be activated on the DCS World e-Shop version.

Some newest modules purchased on Steam can't be activated on the Standalone version anymore. Plus, I don't want to discuss this matter any further to not deviate from my original post. It's a matter of preference and convenience.

¬ wedge

Wishlist: DCS: F-16C

wedgeDCS - Modern Custom CSS themes for the Forum

This will likely not happen because if you didn't know, Steam takes a cut of the profits on the store page. While the exact amount is not readily known, some informational websites have stated it can be upwards of 30% of the sale price.

If this is the rate Steam is charging ED then selling this module at the 25% ($59.99) rate will only net about $41.99 USD after the Steam Royalties. [($79.99 - 25%) - 30%]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.csg-2.net/

Why use steam? You can just move your modules to standalone.

No he probably can't. All modules after & including M2000 can't be activated on standalone - as is already stated everywhere. Please don't spread false information.

In light of this, suggesting somebody 'just switch to standalone' is quite silly. ED is selling on Steam, telling people, that are locked into Steam already, not to buy there, is nonsensical.

I fell into the Temper trap of purchasing the M-2000 on Steam then switching to Standalone for the reason of the more frequent sales and updates.

I heard of rumors of past modules like the M-2000 being recognized and allowed credit in the standalone if purchased on steam. I really hope they iron this out soon. not worth buying the modules twice. Good luck with anything on steam.