F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)

Kev2go

F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)  

673 members have voted

1. 1. F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)

• Yes, its a feasible as a potential future module
    • No

F/A-18C is too modern for DCS timeframe. The JF-17 is the most modern and very out of the DCS scale.

And why so? Because DCS can't get all the latest aircrafts to get a interesting scenarios. Why we seriously need F/A-18A and A-10A, MiG-23MLA, F-15A etc. That way we get more scenarios where to fight at each opposite sides of the Cold War.

IMHO the too modern aircrafts are just too out of DCS scope for cold war era if you can't have at least AI for the same level.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

A Super Hornet would be bad for business. Most would abandon purchasing the current F-18C Lot 20 module the instant it comes out. Personally what we need is targets and better maps. The Strait of Hormuz map is barely usable as no pertinent Iranian ships exist and not one reasonable supertanker. Also most of the period correct (80s-90s) AAA and some SAMs are missing, albeit they appear to be working on at least the SA-5. Not to mention the area of operations is detailed oddly on that map. Modern building that did not exist for the time period added, while airfields and radar sites are missing. I would rather see resources work on a content module then a new f-18.

Hey guys, I wasn't talking about a perfect flyable model, only about AI F-18 E and F. I don't want people don't buy the F-18C anymore, this plane is anyway still in duty worldwide

And on the issue of national security, the problem stems more from weapons than from planes themselves

Edited by mig45

Almost all of the players are on 104 and GS modern aircraft server. Unfortunantely almost noone plays on any cold war era servers

Almost all players play single player instead multiplayer.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Well, if ED makes F-18E/F then noone wii buy 18С. And those who have already bought 18C wouldnt buy 18E because in the game it's not that much better than a usual hornet - looks almost the same, similar missies and so on. Not really profitable

Correct, F-18E (especially first Lots) doesnt have so more advantages compared to our Lot 20 Hornet.

Super Hornet uses the same weapons, like our Hornet. Тhe only advantages of FA-18E is that it has two additional pylons and it can carry more fuel...but it makes it heavier also.

And BTW our FA-18C Lot 20 is actually last Hornet`s Lot (Lot 21 is first Super Hornet).

So I think that our DCS:FA-18C is great and modern multirole machine, it just need to be finished, to realize its full potential.

Edited by DeathAngel1

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Well, if ED makes F-18E/F then noone wii buy 18С. And those who have already bought 18C wouldnt buy 18E because in the game it's not that much better than a usual hornet - looks almost the same, similar missies and so on. Not really profitable

I certainly would still fly the C variant we have now. I do like the Super, however its not what I'm looking for.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Perhaps you would, but most wouldn't. It's like flying a MiG-29A when you have a 29S version

Yeah, thats the kind of statement that makes me go hmmm. Can you explain to me the polling you used to come to that statement?

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I doubt a Super Hornet (particularly an early lot) would be 'instant win' compared to a legacy Hornet. The longer legs and added pylons are nice, but the features in A-A that make the Rhino shine over the Hornet (like AESA and IRST) will not be able to be implemented.

I think to make it viable an F-18F (with a dedicated RIO pit rather than dual controls) would be a nice point of difference.

IRST have been around about as long as LGBs, IIRC - would be nice to actually have one on *something*.

No interest in a Rhino module - it would it be mostly fiction ( even more than the Hornet/16 ) and there's far more interesting aircraft from previous eras to work on.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

IRST have been around about as long as LGBs, IIRC - would be nice to actually have one on *something*.

No interest in a Rhino module - it would it be mostly fiction ( even more than the Hornet/16 ) and there's far more interesting aircraft from previous eras to work on.

Not fair to call current f18 product fiction and assume the super hornet would somehow be the same ,especially when hornet its in ea stage without all features present. This is not a final product. Without elaboration of what you consider fake and why, it comes off as quite a troll thing to say. When you consider it a not yet a final product.

Given ED reputation I seriously doubt they would have chosen to develop aircraft that would fall under "speculative fiction"

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 3 weeks later...

Early Super Hornet

My wish is have a model of an early F/A-18E or F to have additional pylons and bombs/ missiles

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

That way the cockpit should be the same mostly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, scratch that, I think I'm wrong, but at first glance I thought that looked more like the leading edge extension of a super bug. Probably just a bit over excited by the whole video which was stunning and giving us lots to look forward to in 2020. Thanks Nick and ED team, love your work.

My guess is that there are quite a few aircraft in ED's wheel house that we may never see or are road mapped for 2021 and beyond.

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1

• 2 weeks later...
My guess is that there are quite a few aircraft in ED's wheel house that we may never see or are road mapped for 2021 and beyond.

The so called "long awaited aircraft" must be the one we are familiar and complicated; that is we known from current information.

The aircraft complicated and well known could be:

Bomber(F-111, Tornado IDS)

4th Gen. Jet Fighter: F/A-18E, F

I wish we can get Rhino Foxtrot one day in DCS world.

F/A-18F early version with AN/APG-73 seems not unrealistic. The VRS are building F/A-18F for P3Dv4(and for new Microsoft Flight Simulator in the future.)

Check this: https://www.vrsimulations.com/rhino.php

Edited by Sonoda Umi

Well,

There is a Long Term Development Plan,

For Example, 2008:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=483557&postcount=112

1- A-10A Suite 2 (latest version of A-10A in active use)

2- A-10C Suite 3 (we now have permission from the USAF to develop an entertainment version of the simulation we developed for them. We are very happy and excited about this).

3- AH-64A Blk. 49A

4- Su-27

5- F-15C

6- Mi-24V

7- F-16C

8- MiG-29A

1. FC3 2012 (2013 For New Cockpit / PFM / Standalone)

2. DCS 2011

3. Cockpit Renders Shown in 2008/2009

4. FC3 2012 (2014 For New Cockpit / PFM / Standalone)

5. FC3 2012 (2014 For New Cockpit / PFM / Standalone)

6. DCS 2020 (Mi-24P Announced For 2020 (Original Mi-24V Cockpit Renders Shown in 2008)

7. DCS 2019 (F-16C Block 50 in Early Access)

8. FC3 2012 (2018 For New Cockpit / PFM / Standalone)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 1 month later...

With the EF eventually coming in, yet another reason to want a Super Hornet.

Not that i think that pre AESA model Super Hornet will offer any competitive edge or let alone parity against the Euro fighter would in A2A arena relative to the current DCS Legacy Hornet apart from having bit more advanced EW protective suite due to carrying AN/ALE50 towed decoy internally.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD