Dcs a10c not recognizing x-56 hotas

Ok spent time today trying to setup a profile based on the ones a-10 profile I could locate but I think it was for Saitek software so I took. It and the tmw hot as profile in chucks .tutorial. The tried a quick free flight and nothing but the stick axis worked went in the controls access and reloaded the newly made profile and still nogo.

What’s going wrong? What files you need before I go fly the Huey with the puma?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Hi BC.

In my opinion (and I'm sure some will disagree) your best option is to bind controls directly through DCS vs. using profiling software; the Saitek software especially has been notoriously finicky among the folks that I know.

Don't look for someone else's files, just take a few minutes and bind things yourself. You'll spend a lot less time binding a few hats and switches than you will troubleshooting weird and often ancient internet profiles. ;)

There are plenty of diagrams of the A-10C's HOTAS floating around, like THIS one. Just try to mirror the functionality as closely as the X-56 will allow. You'll find all the relevant controls in the "HOTAS" submenu of the "A-10C Sim" control page.

As the A-10C has a steep and long learning curve and you don't even want to spend the time to setup the HOTAS to your liking, I would suggest to skip the A-10C and directly hop into the Huey. With the Puma controls it will be a blast!

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Well first of all I was binding everything in dcs I don’t even think I have any saitek software on this machine.

Second I agree with the steep learning curve of the a10c but it’s something I’m wishing to learn especially since I purchased the three learning campaigns I’m still learning the Huey also but the puma is a great control setup and makes the vr experience more realistic and stable compared to the x56 setup

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I agree with feefifofum, better off binding to your liking from scratch. Make sure you're setting controls up under A10-C Sim and not A10-C Game too.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Well first of all I was binding everything in dcs I don’t even think I have any saitek software on this machine.

Second I agree with the steep learning curve of the a10c but it’s something I’m wishing to learn especially since I purchased the three learning campaigns I’m still learning the Huey also but the puma is a great control setup and makes the vr experience more realistic and stable compared to the x56 setup

You should be in good shape then, but a word of caution about the Maple Flag stuff: they are not learning campaigns, but qualification campaigns to test what you've already learned...if you go in there cold you'll find yourself saying "what!?" more often than not. :)

Your best bet is to start with the free tutorial missions built in to the game, these will cover the basics of how all the systems behave. After that, spend some time reading Chuck's guide and consult YouTube for any super specific questions; I'd advise against putting too much stock in material you find on there though, there are as many rank amateurs as people who really know their stuff.

Practice in a non-combat environment where you don't need to worry about getting shot down because you're slow on your switchology or need to check the manual mid-mission. You can find my target range HERE as well as many others floating around. My range contains both moving and stationary air, land, and naval targets and has been updated for DCS 2.5. There is a simple scripted JTAC who will lase targets for you as desired for practice working with the LSS or buddy lasing GBUs.

As far as setting up controls:

First, go into the general options page and make sure "game flight mode" and "game avionics mode" are NOT checked. Once that's done, go to the controls menu and select "A-10C Sim"

Bind your TMS/DMS/CMS/MMB/Pickle/Trigger/NWS to your stick via the A-10C Sim "HOTAS" category. Double click on the control you wish to bind, then press the button on the stick you want associated with it and you should see it appear in the menu.

Bind your China Hat/Boat switch/Airbrake/Coolie/AP Disconnect/TDC etc. to your throttle via the same method. Consult the diagram I linked in the other post for the locations of the switches on the real-world A-10C stick and throttle.

Once those are set, go to the "Axis Commands" category where you can bind pitch, roll, rudders, throttles, and wheelbrakes to the appropriate controllers. Consider using the "axis tune" submenu in the control page to add a curve to the pitch and roll axis; 15-20 is a good place to start and will help you make finer control inputs during things like aerial refueling.

Edited by feefifofum