A-10c and X-56 hotas

Everytime I try to configure the x56 again and agin with similar results it isn’t working right.

I tried I;t piece bY piece

First was the vkb black box and rudder pedals no problem

Next the x56 stick. Setup axis only and it seemed to work

Exp the x56 throttle beginning of the downfall

Next assign the buttons ;to the profile

I used a little of a saitek profile for the x56 the boinington profile and then a little of the wh config from chucks tutorial.

Go I. Free fligh;t the stic axais works the vkb axis work the throttleaxix inop

Hit esc go to adjust controls

Reload profile I built

No change tried a couple of the button on each piece no joy they’re inop

Is it something about the x56 or is there a fix run saitek software first the create profile in saitek then bring it in the dcs or what does it take to use it

I need it until the gf2 mcg and tecs from vkb is for sale

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

You know you have 4 threads open about this, right? :joystick:

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3394741&postcount=6

Stop using the Saitek profiler, as a matter of testing. That will determine if the problem is with the Saitek software (which I pretty much guarantee it is) or with DCS (which I pretty much guarantee it isn't.)

When you engage the Saitek profile software, the controller stops sending DirectX joystick button presses and instead emulates your keyboard. You need to assign a keypress to every button or alternately remove the keypress and tell it to send a DX button press. If you bind DX buttons, when you engage the Saitek profiler they will stop working because the joystick is no longer sending DX button presses, or potentially the button number may have changed as a result of other actions of the profile.

I'm not well versed in the Saitek software as I've never used their HOTAS systems, but in the Thrustmaster software it also registers as an entirely different device once you engage the profile software (Thrustmaster - HOTAS combined vs. the individual stick and throttle) This would also render any other controls you'd set up useless.

Your best bet is to avoid profile software, especially while you're still cutting your teeth and figuring out how all this stuff works. Walk before you run.

If it's still having issues, sans-profiler, it sounds like you're possibly either binding controls in game mode and running in sim mode, or binding controls in sim mode and running in game mode based on what you're telling us. Not all modules have a "game" avionics/flight mode so you wouldn't necessarily know at a glance with other modules. Check the things I've listed in one of your (apparently many) other threads on the subject.

Edited by feefifofum
Additional explanation about profile software

As an SST user, it sounds like you haven't cleared the default assignments which block the SST profile from working (the same goes for TM Target IIRC).

Go to the controls setup screen for the particular plane, select any field in the Saitek X56 column and select 'clear category' option to remove all the X56 button assignments and then give it another go.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I never loaded any saitek software I wasn’t aware that the pro file wasn’t dcs until I tried to load profile then I took graphical images of both the a10 tm and a10 saitek profiles and manually blinded each axis and button that I could. Then went into the a10 mod after binding everything in dcs’s controls tab nogo so I esced and went into controls to verify the bindings they were there but nogo in cockpit. I’ll go back in and verify again that they are no ilrealivent(sp) bindings asap.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.