ECM Blinking

ECM Blinking  

54 members have voted

1. 1. ECM Blinking

• Yes
    • Never
    • Depends On The Server Rules

Ah, you're still having issues with that 'I have to have the last word' problem.

Seriously, quit crying; it's more productive to actually do something about the (ECM) problem rather than charge off at people because you've nothing better to do.

It's too late to backpedal now. The good news is that you've exposed yourself for what you are. Have a nice day, n00b.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ECM blinking sucks......hard.

If the server rules allows it then ill live with it. People online already use ECM too much and if the answer to those who exploit it and ECM blink is to use it yourself then we might as well stop playing BVR and go back to the good old gunzo days of Flanker 2.51.

I dont even think its that effective....just damn annoying. I stopped carrying ecm pods a long time ago and certainly wont be programming a macro to toggle ecm on/off 100 times a second just because other people do.

Im with Rugg/Prophet/D-Scythe and everyone else who thinks its lame.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

You could PM ED about it - or email them. They tend to be pretty responsive under those circumstances.

N/A at this point though; much has been said and done in a much more constructive thread about this issue; all I can say at this time is that the problem has been noted by the appropriate people.

And no, I don't know if/when it will be fixed, and how.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yep, I am going -guess- about the shaders, as I do not really know ... truly -new- stuff in terms of shaders won't show up until there's a new engine I believe.

However a number of things have been done for BS - for example when you strafe with guns the impact smoke is much smaller in volume and doesn't affect your FPS as much (or at all - I can't tell easily, my machine sucks)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Screw it, if someone wants to use the blinking exploit then it's on. I'll be loading up with ET's and ER's, my fave radar macro (and blinking ECM macro) and I'll be hiding right behind the mountains of their base. Just far enuf out that they can expect an ET as they're climbing to altitude.

If this is being allowed on servers when a squad member of that server is there they can expect me to "adjust" my tactics. With the CH software you can speed up or slow down the keyboard "refresh" rate. I wonder, how many people would be pissed off to be smacked with an ER and with no lock warning?

I'm disgusted by the print screeners and the ECM blinkers.

So you're saying the same 'blinking' can be done to the radar, and still be able to fire and guide an ER? I suppose that makes sense since the ERs will relock if its lost and gained quick enough

Can anyone confirm whether ECM blinking has any effect whatsoever against AI piloted enemy. Not being an "ECM blinker" myself, I tried stabbing "E" repeatedly on my keyboard whilst pressing a BVR engagement and it didnt seem to deter the AI at all, who managed to get a lock and launch on me.

Was just wondering...

Killer

The AI can press designate command at the same time you press "E" wich is something us Humans cannot do. Even tried a macro for that...didnt work.

There are no radar modes that can be blinked to aquire any target at any given range automaticaly (because you have to move the radar cursor manualy to designate), perhaps only between the 6-10 miles is possible--because blinking reduces brosight mode range down to 6 miles-- and this is of very litle use because youll be fired at multiple times before reaching this distance.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Okay internet tough guys. Come back when you understand why polls need to be anonymous. Should have been taught to you in highschool or earlier ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It isn't a fact at all. As a matter -of- fact, your logic is a fallacy.

Someone wanted honest answers to his poll. In any case, it is also a fact that you do -not- need to know they names period.

But you can make your own poll too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gameplay aside, setting up macros is NOT realistic, you can't throw 3 switches with 1 hand each on either side of the cockpit in real life either. Same applies to the uber-sophisticated, and well moddled ECM system in lomac, even if it worked that way in the real world, and it doesn't, even then you wouldn't be able to 'blink' and keep your hands at the stick and throttle, no matter what your excuse.

So what's next a gunzo aimbot 'cuz the Gripen has it too!'....

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

I don't think so, just like if someone cheats we should post their name in here.

The Poll Question was: Will You Use ECM Blinking during a BVR Engagement? Not whether it is cheating or not cheating.

But judging by those who do use it they are more than willing to admit it. For me the people who cheat are those who use Print Screen. Now they deserve to be named and shamed.

Only the spirit of attack born in a brave heart will bring success to

any BVR or Dogfight no matter how highly developed the fighter may be.

In your little opinionated world where you think you're always correct that may be the case. Too bad for you that the rest of us live in the real world. Don't suppose to tell me what is good or not good for me nor what I want nor don't want.

I know one thing. No one here asked you to be lock-on cop. ;)

And I know another thing. Don't presume to tell people what they should or should not do with their polls. Your own logic here.

Furthermore, I'm pretty certain that any server which *allows* this - and there's a bunch of them - care to have you enforce some sort of rule they didn't put up ... by breaking one they did.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In your little opinionated world where you think you're always correct that may be the case. Too bad for you that the rest of us live in the real world. Don't suppose to tell me what is good or not good for me nor what I want nor don't want.

What is a fact that you can't change is that if someone ECM blinks me, I will switch to their team and TK the hell out of them. The whole deal where people exploit game features is why you have another poll on these boards where people refuse to play online. There's always a few lamers out there that need a little advantage because they don't have the skills to play the game the way it was meant to be played. It makes the enjoyment of the game less for those that have to put up with those people. Then there are those of us who go out of our way to make the game unenjoyable for the exploiters. Payback is a bitch.

I understand your frustation, but lets not start a war here. This is one of the reasons I decided to keep the poll anonymous. What would happen in a Poll or Election in which you had the names of who voted and how they voted? Some would exploit this information to launch personal attacks. I always thought that despite our differences we all had a common interest and goal, which I feel is to have fun and help to improve Lock On with sensible debate.

Only the spirit of attack born in a brave heart will bring success to

any BVR or Dogfight no matter how highly developed the fighter may be.

My humble understanding of the exploit/cheat issue is this:

The ECM "blinking" is an exploit because it was not intended to be used in this way to gain an advantage over other players that only use ECM like it is described in the manual. (look up the dictionary definition for "exploit").

Using PrintScreen to evade missiles (does that even work?) is a plain cheat, no questions asked.

Again, these are only my humble opinions:

People who cheats should be plainly disallowed to play the game alltogether. Yes, this is drastic, but necessary. Lots of people can change their IPs by whatever means and as such be able to harrass legitimate players all the time.

Exploits (including the ECM isue imho)... well, that's a really hard question. I think it should be stated in each server's rules. After all, some servers allow game features that grant even more advantages than these exploits (full map or labels for example). So I think there should be specific rules to this and people should honor those rules.

Guest IguanaKing

I think we can all agree that its an exploit, since a tactic like this would be pretty much useless in the real world. Even IF a real-world pilot could actuate a switch to turn his jammer on and off that rapidly, or even if he assigned a macro in his cockpit...it wouldn't make any difference because the output of his jammer is a train of pulses anyway. But, the question is, why does it give positive results in the sim? The on-off cycle is extremely short, and the rejection circuitry in the targeted radar wouldn't even notice it had been switched off and on manually. The game code doesn't quite model that part of the virtual EW world correctly. If this problem is corrected in the code, then people can use it all they want if it makes them feel better, but it wouldn't have the result it does now. :D

I know its an anonymous poll, but I voted "never". Not because its an exploit of program code, but because it is not realistic. If someone has to resort to unrealistic tactics to win, well, how much fun could they be having. That's why I mod my A-10 loadout, because even though the stock loadout is what the developers intended, it is not realistic. The stock loadout actually gives advantages over the real thing, and if I have to stack the deck against my opponent, then I don't actually win.

Look, this is a poor argument in some ways. I disagree that the argument is sound.

F-15's going STT on jamming aircraft even in burn-through is unrealistic.

Missiles flying pure in HoJ is unrealistic.

Mad dogging missiles long range is unrealistic.

Flying low to gain the upper hand consistently is unrealistic.

All of these are caused my game glitches - or poor mission setup. Or both. And they are just a -few- examples of what is unrealistic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]