1. 1. ECM Blinking

• Yes
    • Never
    • Depends On The Server Rules

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, without actually reading the rants/vents/ramblings of 12 pages of circular discussion :) what are the conclusions here?

• cheaters suck
  • exploits suck
  • cheaters who use exploits double suck
  • Lockon does not have the in built tools to allow server admins to ban players by name or by IP address
  • telling people not to do something just means those that do will ignore it anyway
  • some people here disagree with another bunch of people here
  • some people diagree with both the above groups
  • ED now know about it and are looking into a fix (possibly for LOBS i guess)
  • this thread will go on and on, round and round forever, until either the fix is out, BS is out, Duke Nukem Forever is out, or someone puts this thread out of its misery and locks it
  • the above three groups will then start another thread, talking about something else (usually about how the F-15s are getting a hard time with the latest patches, or how sucky the accurate fuel consumption simulation is for the SU33, or that the SU25 has the wrong shade of black on the tyres/tires), but it will end up back on this thread with some lateral change of topic
  • a fourth group of people will then wonder why the hell they are here in the first place and p_ss off over to Fighter Ops and/or Falcon4AF and/or EECH2

...or did I miss something vitally important here? :)

If ED are looking at the problem, it will get fixed... of course, all the server admins have been absolutely screaming out for remote administration tools for lockon since day #1, with or without a dedicated server EXE, but these items never got picked up, so the only people who can actually run a server or kick players on a server are the people who have (real or virtual) desktop access to the servers themselves, policing is pretty hard to do.

Play with what you have, be grateful for what you can play, look forward to future fixes and releases, make changes where you can, work around or ignore the things you cant change... but please guys, sometimes I wonder if we are all on the same side.... I`m not looking for "THIS GAME ROXORS! EVERYONE SHOULD BE PLAYING IT, AND IF YOU DONT YOU ARE LAME!", but the LO community is small enough as it is without in-fighting about something that the game supports but shouldnt, and you cant actually do anything about fixing it, changing it, or forcing people not to use it.

Now, repeat after me:

Breath In....

Breath Out...

Breath In....

Breath Out...

Breath In....

Breath Out...

Breath In....

Breath Out...

Prophet still has the right to speak up about people that use this exploit, so it's not fair to call his opinions a "rant".

It has nothing to do with fairness. It was and still is a rant.

And you were one of the "ranters". :D

Yes, I rant too. News at 11.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Given that 54C's are supposedly limited to 1G maneuver if launched by an MP player aircraft (same for R-33 and R-27EA, IIRC) I'm not sure why people even bother any more. I might be wrong though and those things might still be able to make some significant turns.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I'm sorry, but, in this thread, Prophet didn't seem like he was interested in actually solving the problem. I offered to explain to him how radar and similar (i.e. ECM) systems transmit, and he told me I should start another thread. Does he not know that what I was hinting at is that the game code for handling these signals is flawed?

Or didnt you know that I already knew the model was flawed? And that we have known that since day 1 really.

And I posted a thread in the beta forums before this one was started.

Not sure where you got the notion I had no interest in seeing the problem fixed. I wouldnt be posting here if I didnt.

Prophet, do I really have to point out again that you were interested in nothing but stopping cheaters who used this exploit? Something which many people have said, simply cannot be done. Its true...just look at how the difference in percentage between "Yes" and "No" has shrunk ever since this thread was started. Now...not only are the masses aware of this cheat, but they even know the timing needed for the macro to make it work. I mentioned, on several occasions in this thread, that it was the game that was flawed and allowed this to happen. You told me I wasn't making any sense. I even tried getting more specific about this, and that is when you suggested I should start another thread about radar and ECM. Well...in case you didn't get it...this is EXACTLY where the problem lies. I'm glad we are all now being told that everybody has posted about this in the beta forums that most of us other members can't read...long before the thread ever began. But, why was no mention of this made before? Its cool, I understand why...the opposing sides were pissed off at each other and just wanted to fight. Look...I don't know what anybody on the other end of the internet is thinking, but I find it interesting that the beta forum information finally comes out after a couple of us say, "Hey, we have a problem, so here's my suggestion for dealing with it." C'mon, lets all put our pieces into the puzzle on this deal, we do much more good working as a team than we do in competiton with each other. Peace guys. :D

Interpret however you want.

And I dont need to tell you when and what I post in the beta forums, defeats the purpose no?

And see the problem is we are only simulating. You are trying to give me this nano-second pulse this, and blah blah blah. All things that dont really mean anything to the current, or even proposed fixes, to the ECM model. Its great you know all teh math behind it, but it doesnt amount to much considering it cant be implemented that way in the current LOMAC engine. Why do you think its as simple as it already is. I tried telling you this, but you insist, once again on thinking somehow its relevent.

Whatever, enjoy repeating yourself.

Hehe...or we could just semi-accurately simulate a pulsed RF system, and the problem disappears. Your keyboard clock can't even come close to what the modulator on a pulsed RF system does all by itself. :smilewink:

And re-write the LOMAC engine while you are at it. Great idea :megalol: . Hope you have a few years to wait on that.

If I would discover a blink-cheater then I would quit the mission and warn the other players by chat.

If this behavior is confirmed by other players too then it is obvious that the only looser is the cheater himself and he can go!

BTW, real men/women don’t blink! ;)

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

That's just it, I don't know the exact math behind it, I know the basic math and physics. What, exactly, is a computer simulation again? Yeah...go ahead...call it "blah, blah". That's the attitude I have come to expect from you. Now, if you want to tell me such things aren't possible for years to come, or whatever, that's fine. I'm not the one crying about it, just suggesting an actual direction for ED to go in. Suggesting that everyone who ever wants to use a server stop using a cheat? How long do you think it will take for that to happen. Again...reject any attempt at educating you. That's OK though, its fun to watch you whine.

you kill me. its fun to think you have some bright idea on how it can be fixed. yup, just more blah blah from you, trying to keep the arguement going. First you try and compare RL radar and ECM, now you want to say its a simulator so we should approximate, guess what, thats what ED did.

If you only know the basics, why you trying to bring up pulse rates, ecm pulse length. Yes its a simulator, and a consumer 'game' at that. Want to venture to guess how much simulators cost that do what you suggest? Talk with Agilent, and maybe if you win the PowerBall you can share your purchase with us all, but I doubt that would cover the cost unless its a real big pot.

Like I said, the ECM and radar model is the way it is for many reason, one among them is the complexity and time it takes to model. And everything you suggest is far far beyond that scope.

And its funny when you cant really debate a valid complaint, you have to call it crying, or whining, sure sign you have nothing else to add worth reading.

Have you noticed how that percentage has increased over the course of this thread's existence? Now, even more people out there know it exists...and thanks to some, they even know the exact timing required in their stick macros.

The increase of usage had nothing to do with this thread, this thread is a result in the increase and endorsement of its use.

Enough!..

A problem has been identified, solutions have been suggested and now we have come to the part where people start with the bickering.

I think this thread has run its course :lock: .

JJ