Who plays online and who does not.

Mizzy

Who plays online and who does not.  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who plays online and who does not.

• Yes
    • No

I play on line almost exclusively. I seldom play off line.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Guest IguanaKing

I'm just starting to myself. Its actually a lot of fun, even if you do get shot down, because each shootdown is a learning experience that you just can't get in off-line play. I also found the on-line community so far to have very good sportsmanship. I flew one night where a red team guy was still learning his controls, so he asked the question in the chat window. A blue team guy helped him out by answering his questions. It was great to see that. :D

Yup, actually, mose people say "nice kill" or something if they were shot down. I'v only had one ocation where someone told me the F-off when i shot him down.

Online is fun, bit it's hard, especially if your still a noob like me. I fly mostly off line, but online as well.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

It depends under what conditions you shoot someone down ;) if you vulch and that's not allowed in server (which does happen) don't get surprised if the one you shot down is not so happy about it, especially if they are still on the ground or just got airborne :)

but it's all good... people get angry, it's human nature :D

No longer active in DCS...

Online play,

I have never tried online play because I don't want to reconfigure my game to

suit the server and the rules of that server what ever they may be.

I think online play is probably a stark enviornment most suited to BVR fighter

type scenerios/situations and not well suited to Ground Attack scenerios.

Maybe I am wrong but I think I'd rather wait for better conditions for online

play, such as High Speed Connections without LAG and Simpler Connections

and Simpler Rules for Connection ??

If I'm wrong please someone edumicate me.

Regards,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

Guest IguanaKing

Christopher, you don't need to configure anything to meet the rules of the server. The server sets all of the rules. The only thing it can't do is keep people from carrying illegal payloads. :)

Christopher, you don't need to configure anything to meet the rules of the server. The server sets all of the rules. The only thing it can't do is keep people from carrying illegal payloads. :)

He might if he's running certain mods. Illegal loadouts might be a problem.

I have never tried online play because I don't want to reconfigure my game to

suit the server and the rules of that server what ever they may be.

I think online play is probably a stark enviornment most suited to BVR fighter

type scenerios/situations and not well suited to Ground Attack scenerios.

Maybe I am wrong but I think I'd rather wait for better conditions for online

play, such as High Speed Connections without LAG and Simpler Connections

and Simpler Rules for Connection ??

If I'm wrong please someone edumicate me.

Regards,

Don't worry some servers on HyperLobby are strictly A2G only.

As long as your not 56k lag shouldn't really be an issue.

And theres nothing easier than connecting through HL so long as you got Flaming Cliffs.:smilewink:

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

That is one thing I do like about Lockon online, is that if you need help 99.9% of the time someone will help you out, if not one the whole server will through in something. In other games you just don't have a good community as this one does. Also we are kind of small so alot of us know one another too, and in other big games such as BF2 (Battle Field 2) or other big names, no one knows who is who unless your on that server all the time. So playing online does have it's ups and downs but I would say mostly ups.

Offline - despite having got broadband on a couple of months ago at least in part so that I could get online...

How necessary is it to get teamspeak to play properly online, & what's a good server somewhere this side of the globe? (even with what passes for broadband in this country pings to some places in Europe & the US can be pretty high)

Cheers.

Hi Everyone

I haven't played online yet, it's the only game I haven't tried online!

I'm not good enough yet, I am interested though in the Hog and the Frog and mud moving. How does this work online? Do you join an online campaign which changes after a set time? or what? Can you reload and repair with all aircraft when landing at a friendly airfield? (if I make it that far :lol:)

Sorry for all the questions, noob :doh:

Also is it a 'free for all' or is there a pecking order ie. lead, wingman etc.

For the first year and a bit I only played online, even to test out skins I would jump online for a few minutes. But the lack of mission based flying gets a little repetitive and I realized that I was only seeing about 20% of what this sim had to offer. Now I play about 70% offline and 30% online. Note to Dev's; please can the online component get some well needed upgrades :notworthy: .

Going online isn't a big deal just know the basics like how to start your engines, how your radar works ohh and most importantly IFF. The learning curve is about the same as any other game you play online. Meaning that you'll be able to beat up on AI but a human opponent wont be so predictable and it will take a few sessions before you have a good grasp of whats going on. If you've ever played a first person shooter online then remember how it was the first time. Some are insanely good and things seem to move so fast that before you know it you're either dead for that round or waiting to respawn. Just stick with it and don't build it up in your mind and you'll do fine.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

When I was new to LockOn, I played only offline to learn and study the sim while lurking in the forum. At some point it grew a bit dull because of the static missions and I got bold enough to try out multiplayer.

Things went kind of fast from there. I got hooked, immediately bought Flaming Cliffs, soon thereafter the X-52 and finally a TrackIR4.

Now all I do is play online, except for some quick missions now and then in order to test profiles or something.

I am very poor at air combat so I am a easy target and a sitting duck but I would like to try some day.

You do know that the VVS504-Air2Grnd server on Hyperlobby only has ground attack planes available? I suggest you try it out immediately, it's awesome and most of the missions are great!

ou do know that the WS504-Air2Grnd server on Hyperlobby only has ground attack planes available? I suggest you try it out immediately, it's awesome and most of the missions are great!

(And both the VVS504 A2A and A2G servers are back online again after a small unscheduled hardware outage that I didnt spot until this morning. Sorry about that)