F-15 Damage Model - Now a flying tank (as of 2/12/18)

Banzaiib

Noticed this on 2/12/18

After last week's patch, the F-15 is a flying tank. It was taking 3 - 5 direct hits from iglas, Matra's, and 530D's to bring me down last night and Monday night. I post this here, because I noticed this in multiplayer, which is all I play.

While this is a nice departure from sneezing and losing hydraulics from years past, this imbalances the crap out of multiplayer experiences, especially in 1v1 engagements on SARH only servers.

This may belong in another thread, but again, I only play multiplayer :pilotfly:

I'm not being goldilox here... it's really bad. I actually prefer my paper-mache F-15. I hope people don't think I'm just bashing on it. I really noticed a humongous survivability increase since last week's patch affecting the F-15.

<shrug>

I recognize people bitch and moan about spamraam's, FC3 OP, blah blah... i don't care about all of that. I think FC3 is just fine, people just don't like dying... it doesn't matter what it is, they're going to complain about it and find an excuse to be bitching. That's really not what I'm doing here. I went 19-1, landed ON FIRE 3x, and repaired, took a total of 9 missile shots to my F-15 in that 19-1 run. ( i will post screenshot when i get home) That's a MAAAASIve difference compared to the old made out of elmer's glue and prayers version of the F-15 damage model. And it's having a big impact on multiplayer engagements (negatively).

I am getting data for this, I have LITERALLY seen F15's tank 2 530s to the face and a magic, and fly home and land, and this happens REGULARLY, its REALLY bad, completely upset the balance on my server, I will get you more definitive proof when I have time, I dont have much of it atm

• Like 1

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

i have seen su27 taking 4 missles and a load of lead befor going down, same goes for the mig21.

its neraly every plane atm, (especialy the one you are fighting against) that are tanky

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

I had an AI Mig21 take an aim9 with no effect over the weekend. Somethings not quite right.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Yeah there is a general problem with DM atm I believe.

Harriers taking an r77 and r73 without smoking

F15 taking an 530d and a magic2 without any damage

Flankers have tanked some missiles.

This is hugely annoying because especially with the mirage its kinda terrible if you have to hit your opponent 3 times to actually decomission him...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

I wonder if it is latency or packet loss related I noticed it on 104th vs an su27 who took 3 missiles

I do have a high ping relatively speaking to the server though and this has been a factor in other online games before

I don't think it's latency related. I'm noticing this on Drex's server and I have a ping < 30ms.

I don't think it's latency related. I'm noticing this on Drex's server and I have a ping < 30ms.

I can confirm it is not multiplayer or latency related. I flew the F-15C Georgian War campaign mission 3 today a couple of times, and I noticed Su-24s were surviving hits with AMRAAMS and Sidewinders. At one point, a short range IR missile exploded on my six (I heard it hit), and I flew away without taking any damage. The only reliable way I have of destroying aircraft seems to be with the gun. I didn’t notice this until the latest patch.

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

I've taken some missile hits in the F-15C and find myself bewildered as to why I'm still able to fly home. At times with only visible damage in the forms of holes and scrapes on the wings, other times pluming smoke behind me but still able to fly home and land. It's not every time, usually missile strikes send the f-15 spiraling down towards death, but this isn't something I ever recall happening in 1.5, where it's happened several times in 2.5.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

• 2 weeks later...

Evaluation from yesterdays training, 16 hits with 530d on f15s, 2 were lethal, the rest was minor damage basically.

Interesting part is that even with minor damage, the f15 was considered dead after quite a few more 530d hits.

Same issues did apply to aim120s, but I didnt evalutate full numbers on that.

aim9s and magic2 seemed to be less affected, but still affected vs before the breaking patch.

The mirage didnt survive a single missile hit in the same time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

It seems to be affecting a number of ariframes although in my experience it seems the F15 is most affected by this invulnerability. At least from what I've seen online and in SATAL. Its also not confined to MP so perhaps this thread could be moved to the correct subforum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

• 2 weeks later...

This seems to have gotten worse recently; I frequently do some 1vs1 duelling, and after open beta patch 4 me and the other F15 were surviving the majority of initial hits from Aim120 B/C's & 9m. I grabbed a clip off tacview - F15 survives 2 clean hits from a 9m; I felt like all of these should have been kills.