Introducing the new Logitech X56 HOTAS

LOGIRich

QC , both design and implementation , will sell more product . I bought an X52 pro , largely for the rotaries , which turned out to be useless as the jitter was so bad . Tossed it .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 1 month later...
@Dudikoff Software remains as it is for the time being - we do have plans for improvements but everything takes time.

@HiJack That is indeed the new part number. The new version is easily distinguished from the old due to the new cosmetic appearance as well as a completely new part number, packaging and retail listing (once they go live).

In Norway now they use product number 945-000059 and displays the black/grey hotas. Have the product number changed to 945-000059?

Be nice if you would do a free swap out of the old models or at least the intial models sold by saitek. Mine was a initial release version from amazon the I ordered through a prepurchase deal they had and has never been reliable.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

945-000058 and 945-000059 are both the new version.

58 is the US packaging version

59 is the European packaging version

The product inside is exactly the same though.

So if the pictures on the shop's web is of the old black/blue HOTAS but the part number is 945-000059 you say this is the new HOTAS?

Yes, that will be the new one - they just haven't updated the images.

The X56 throttle has no detents.

Thanks.

I wish you produced a "Pro" version of the X56 with more metal parts, added a dual trigger and AB detent. I have played the life out of 3 * X52 Pro set and one X52 regular. I have been very pleased with all the X52 Pro sets I have got but not the regular one. I will buy the X56 now. :thumbup:

What he said, there is no good option for a quality HOTAS right now. The X56 is maybe a notch above entry level and a decent HOTAS wouldn't cannibalize any sales from it as they're two different markets. Meanwhile in the quality market you've got an ancient design from TM which is handily outdone by goods from the East that buyers cant get unless they want to wait forever; dogs are born, live, and die, before your VKB stick shows up and Virpil is little better.

The market is wide open for the taking by anyone who simply puts out a half decent product you can actually buy.

Edited by crab

• 2 weeks later...

bad first impressions

Just bought one of these, I'd kind of expected the throttles themselves to work straight out of the box, but I am not impressed.

When I try to add them to left and right thrust axes respectively in DCS World controls, I cannot get them to map in a logical way.

The symptoms in game ( F18 ) are when I move the left throttle a tiny amount from 'zero' the throttle lever in game jumps to about 50%, then when advancing the throttle through its entire range, in game the lever travels to the fully forward position.

With the right throttle, i have to advance the throttle all the way for it to go (in game) from zero to halfway. If i then just nudge it with very light pressure at the end of its physical travel, in game jumps to fully forward.

I accept the fact that I may be being stupid(perhaps for buying a 3rd Logitech product ?) but i seem to be going round in circles(literally) with re-calibrating, inverting the axes, setting it as slider, most if not all combinationsi can think of but at the moment all i have on my desk is £200 worth of useless ornaments

re bad first impressions

Hi, that made no difference but this config on the F/A-18C Sim Axes did;

Thrust Left [JOY_X]

Deadzone 0

Saturation X 50

Saturation Y 100

Curvature 0

Slider yes

Thrust Right [JOY_Y]

Deadzone 50

Saturation X 100

Saturation Y 100

Curvature 0

Slider yes

I know not whether that is a workaround or how it should be, but the result is 2 identically operating throttle levers in game

• 1 month later...

Hey there, sorry to hear that. We're still covering support on the X55 so if you get in touch with our support team then they should be able to help. One thing to check before you do is to make sure that the contacts on both the removable grip and in the gimbal are clean, as well as ensuring that it has been tightly secured with the screw collar.

If it's still not working then please get in touch through support.logitech.com

• 5 weeks later...

Hey LOGIRich,

I was wondering if there was any appetite at Logitech to produce an extension for the X56. Given the simple threaded attachments, it would be a very simple matter to install/remove an extension, and I feel like minimal effort on the part of Logitech to produce them.

I've been dabbling a bit the last few days in using parts from an older X55 that fried on me during a power surge to create my own extension. I've used the top and bottom couplings, and have no issues there. However, the wiring just isn't going to work, as there's a couple of circuit boards in there that convert 8 wires into 10 pins and I have no idea how they break down. Simply bridging the 10 pins will require some fabbing that I'm not able to do.

But if Logitech were to produce an extension... I think there'd be a market for it. Any thoughts?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
Bought mine on Amazon.ca

Same here. Cam in a few days ago and it's puuurty but will take some time to get set up. Hate the profile software and prefer to just do it through DCS.... Has anyone had any issues with JUST using DCS and not the profile editor?

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

Same here. Cam in a few days ago and it's puuurty but will take some time to get set up. Hate the profile software and prefer to just do it through DCS.... Has anyone had any issues with JUST using DCS and not the profile editor?

No issues so far