Introducing the new Logitech X56 HOTAS

LOGIRich

If you can live without dual throttles , i highly reccomend CH . No bling , just quality .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

No one is barraging him. He is the liaison for Logitech which means he is the representative to the community for Logitech. Some customers are clearly frustrated and understandably some even want to return the X56 so, yes, it is his job to provide some sort of support to the customer and either offer tips or direction to the proper resource to assist. If you're happy with your product then fine but don't demonize those that are not. and for anyone that doesn't think it's LOGIrich's job to represent Logitech here amongst the DCS community then ask yourself this; Why did he even start this thread?

^^^ This and not only that if Logitech had decent customer service there would be no need for these types of posts. You only need to do a search on Logitech CS and see its a joke. using the community.logitech support option there are many unanswered questions. There is one "Logitech X56 Rhino Pro Joystick X-Axis no longer functioning?" one week later it still has not been answered or even a reply, people end of giving up and frustrated.

If you aren’t happy with it then return it and go pay twice as much for something else. It has cheap parts because it’s a cheap stick. You get what you pay for, can’t have it all.

You can buy two of these for the price of the next competitor, but what you get with the 56 is a pretty good value.

Dude get off your high horse .... Don't assume players can't afford more expensive joysticks. I would GLADLY pay x2 x3 as much for a durable, functional joystick. For me the price is not an issue, I can afford and will pay whatever makes sense.

I've been waiting close to 1.5 years for VKB-SIM to get there act together on making the Gladiator Pro Mk.II available so i can purchase it, I am on some so-called waiting list. I will probably end of purchasing the Kosmosima Space Combat Grip, but its all talk no action over there with no time line in sight.

As for the Thrustmaster Warthog, you can purchase the joystick for $220 but my issue with that is it has no twist.

I bought the X-55 to hold me over assuming based on what said at the time over on the VKB section that the Gladiator Pro was going to be available for sale within 6 months, it never happened. SO as you can clearly see your assumptions are incorrect.

Gents, I wasn't beating the guy up, my critique was constructive and in no way unfair. I'm an engineer, own my own business, and know how things are done in the corporate world in general because I sell my services to them.

No one really knows exactly how Rich is placed within TM, he might be anywhere from a low level gopher to surprisingly senior. In this regard my purpose was to put a bug in his ear, nothing lost if it has fallen upon ears that no one is listening to but it's just possible that he may be speaking up in various meetings and chiming in on what's he's learned on the internet.

As to quality there is isn't much argument that the X56 as it sits is bottom of the barrel. I've got various other peripherals laying about that are no worse built and a whole lot cheaper. I've also got a WH, had a couple Cougars, etc. I'm not beating anyone up when I say the quality isn't good. It's not. Anyone who has screwed around with these things knows it. I doubt Rich is stupid, he knows it's true just as we know it's true. Lets get past that and move on.

Lets also get past the competitive landscape question. I use this product while working; I need something I can easily pull out of a cabinet, use, and pick back up and return it to said cabinet. It needs to have a built in twist or other mechanism for rudder because I don't have space for pedals at work and it's just one more hassle that I don't want to deal with in the limited time I get to fly. When you think about it that description is very different than most people flying at home and yet it's not so far away. A whole bunch of people pull their sticks out and use them and then put them away. Lots of people don't have room for rudder pedals. While I also have a home HOTAS that is much nicer many people don't have the funds or don't want to invest them in a more expensive system. There is a place for an inexpensive HOTAS that gets the job done and right now there is only one. That's where things get sticky. While this is the best that money can buy on the bottom end that situation only exists because it's the only fully functional HOTAS at an entry price point unless you want to buy ancient tech or something more akin to a toy than a HOTAS aimed at high fidelity flight sims.

Too much typing already and I don't want to fall into pedantry. My point was that the X56 isn't all that far away from being attractive in it's own right rather than the only real entry level option and Logitech has the know how to bring a substantially better X56 to market at the same price point and make a buck. They don't have to now but is their reputation and brand valuable enough to get them to act in the absence of competition? I don't know, maybe Rich will bring this up in a meeting at some point in the future...

If Logitech made the X52 Grip as a replacement to the X56 grip and made sure the twist was the same as X52 it would also make things better. Added sales also! :music_whistling:

EDIT: But they need to fix the throttle stiffness.

OK so moving forward and so LOGIRich has something to take back to Logitech, here are the issues everyone complains about in general:

- inconsistent throttle stiffness that cannot be addressed unless the throttle is dismantled.

- useless throttle tension knob

- a noticeable amount of looseness in the center of the stick.

- no real weight to both throttle and stick (this again requires you dismantle both units if you want to add weights)

- rotator knobs on the throttle are loose and lack a solid feel.

My opinion but other than these flaws this product functions quite well. For 375 taxes in, yes I expect better quality. If all these issues were fixed then I’d gladly feel like the price point properly reflects the value of the X56

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

Now it is up to LOGIRich to take this back to Logitech and update us on wether or not any action will be taken. Remaining silent will speak volumes to the community. I’ve worked in sales and if there is one thing that echoes in forums and on the net, it is bad reviews.

“The evil men do lives beyond them while the good is oft interred with their bones”

- Mark Antony, Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar

Edited by Akula
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

No barrage felt here - comments always welcome. I'm not omnipresent though so if you ever want to draw my attention then please feel free to PM me as Akula did.

@Akula if the throttle tension knob isn't working then it may be that the application of damping grease was too excessive or has migrated somewhere it shouldn't. You will find that this eases with use but also please feel free to open the throttle and remove some of the grease - you have our blessing, just please take the usual precautions for anti-static/ESD to ensure you don't damage the unit.

Regarding customer support, we have many ways of reaching them - I always recommend the phone option wherever possible. We're always looking for ways to improve customer support though so your feedback is appreciated.

For those wondering about my role at Logitech, I'm the Global Product Manager for Simulation so I can say to Sandman that there are no plans at this stage to produce an extension, I'm afraid.

No barrage felt here - comments always welcome. I'm not omnipresent though so if you ever want to draw my attention then please feel free to PM me as Akula did.

@Akula if the throttle tension knob isn't working then it may be that the application of damping grease was too excessive or has migrated somewhere it shouldn't. You will find that this eases with use but also please feel free to open the throttle and remove some of the grease - you have our blessing, just please take the usual precautions for anti-static/ESD to ensure you don't damage the unit.

Regarding customer support, we have many ways of reaching them - I always recommend the phone option wherever possible. We're always looking for ways to improve customer support though so your feedback is appreciated.

For those wondering about my role at Logitech, I'm the Global Product Manager for Simulation so I can say to Sandman that there are no plans at this stage to produce an extension, I'm afraid.

Thank you LOGIRich,

Now I am gonna bust your balls here a little ;)

Can you confirm that “go ahead and open the throttle to remove extra grease *YOU HAVE OUR BLESSING*” means that opening up the throttle will NOT void the warranty?

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

Confirmed! I repeat though: please do take the correct anti-static precautions.

Will do thank you

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

Dude get off your high horse .... Don't assume players can't afford more expensive joysticks. I would GLADLY pay x2 x3 as much for a durable, functional joystick. For me the price is not an issue, I can afford and will pay whatever makes sense.

I've been waiting close to 1.5 years for VKB-SIM to get there act together on making the Gladiator Pro Mk.II available so i can purchase it, I am on some so-called waiting list. I will probably end of purchasing the Kosmosima Space Combat Grip, but its all talk no action over there with no time line in sight.

As for the Thrustmaster Warthog, you can purchase the joystick for $220 but my issue with that is it has no twist.

I bought the X-55 to hold me over assuming based on what said at the time over on the VKB section that the Gladiator Pro was going to be available for sale within 6 months, it never happened. SO as you can clearly see your assumptions are incorrect.

I’m not on a high horse. I’m saying you get what you pay for. I can’t afford a i9 9900K and 2080ti, and I accept that my frame rates will be lower as a result. I can’t afford a Ferrari, so I accept that my 0-60 time will be slower.

I bought a stick for half the price of the competition, I accept that it will not be perfect. I don’t want to see Logitech pull out of this market again, leaving us with only the expensive options to choose from. Competition is good.

And my assumptions are correct. You want twist, all those buttons and options that you can’t get elsewhere, and bullet proof quality, guess what? At this price point you can’t have it all.

First world problems.

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Thanks Rich. Float the idea at the next staff meeting maybe? :)

And what about the X65F? Any talk of resurrecting the force sensing stick?

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I’m not on a high horse. I’m saying you get what you pay for. I can’t afford a i9 9900K and 2080ti, and I accept that my frame rates will be lower as a result. I can’t afford a Ferrari, so I accept that my 0-60 time will be slower.

I bought a stick for half the price of the competition, I accept that it will not be perfect. I don’t want to see Logitech pull out of this market again, leaving us with only the expensive options to choose from. Competition is good.

And my assumptions are correct. You want twist, all those buttons and options that you can’t get elsewhere, and bullet proof quality, guess what? At this price point you can’t have it all.

First world problems.

Then say “you get what you pay for” and leave it at that. No need for the attitude.

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

Then say “you get what you pay for” and leave it at that. No need for the attitude.

You are reading attitude where none exists. G’night!

You are reading attitude where none exists. G’night!

Apparently me and a few others. G’night

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

Is there any chance that we see a redesign of the stick to have better ergonomics? My complaint is that it just seems a little too large and that some of the buttons, mainly the trim hat switch (H1) is difficult to reach without lifting my hand off the stick.

The new one I just bought came with an attachment for the handrest that raises it up a bit, just enough to make the controls on the top reachable without moving my hand. Did yours come with one? If not, I think thingverse has a 3D model for one.

Mine also came with one although I have Trump hands so it needs to be thicker lol.

:joystick:

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

The new one I just bought came with an attachment for the handrest that raises it up a bit, just enough to make the controls on the top reachable without moving my hand. Did yours come with one? If not, I think thingverse has a 3D model for one.

Mine also came with one although I have Trump hands so it needs to be thicker lol.

:joystick:

Wow, this is great news! It is my biggest complaint so I am glad that they addressed the issue. I have the X-55 which does not have a handrest attachment.

I cannot seem to find any images of it online though...do you guys have any images of it?

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Wow, this is great news! It is my biggest complaint so I am glad that they addressed the issue. I have the X-55 which does not have a handrest attachment.

I cannot seem to find any images of it online though...do you guys have any images of it?

Are you looking for one so you can make a 3D print out?

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

Here ya go!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3225673

Also excellent is this afterburner detent. Had a friend print it for me and it lines up perfectly with the software detent in game.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2370066

Are you looking for one so you can make a 3D print out?

No, I have no way of 3D printing, just wanted to see what it looked like.

Here ya go!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3225673

Also excellent is this afterburner detent. Had a friend print it for me and it lines up perfectly with the software detent in game.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2370066

Thanks Sandman! Looks to be a great addition, especially the AB detent. That really increases the value of the X-55/56.

Now where/how would I go about getting these made? I don't have access to a 3D printer.

Do you guys think the X-56 is a worthwhile upgrade over the X-55 or should I just keep using the X-55?

Edited by =BJM=

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

The only real difference between 55 and 56, aside from some internal fixes, is you get a thumb axis on the stick instead of just a button, and the throttle thumb axis can now be depressed as a button also, and seems to work better as an axis.

When the Hornet came out, I upgraded to the 56 because it allowed me to get closer to the actual setup (A10C too). I use the stick thumb axis as bands to activate key presses, allowing me to use it for weapon select in the 18 and CMS in the A10.

Up to you to decide if this feature is worth the cost of upgrade. Note though that I find the centering of the 56 to be less precise than the 55, there’s a bit of wiggle in the center.