Introducing the new Logitech X56 HOTAS

LOGIRich

Thanks for the help.

Already done the pinky setting in DCS thanks.

I have 3 settings: up = landing, middle = A-A/nav, lower = A-G.

Everything is fine for single keystrokes, but if I have a macro programmed in the software when I use the pinky modifier in DCS obviously the joystick runs the macro so it's a no-go until the newer software's released.

Thanks anyway :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. So, no lights on the throttle at all? Or are you saying the throttle doesn't operate the in-game throttle?

If the former, have you tried different USB ports on your PC? Is the throttle showing up in Game Controllers in Windows (type joy.cpl into the Windows search window to access)?

If the latter, have you been through the assignments process in DCS?

• 3 weeks later...

Stick- Rudder and c-button

Ok new x56 about 1-2 months old. The rudder axis and the C-Button on the stick are jumping all over the place. I have tried redoing the plug-unplug USB thing several times. I have uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled. I Have uninstalled the Stick HIB from device manager. Reinstalled the Logitech drivers several times and this problem persists. Current Software Version - 8.o.213.0 and the Driver Version is 8.0.197.0

Is this a driver failure or a product failure. Version2.0 Hotas the Black and grey

C-Button on stick is the Mini Axis joystick on the Main Joystick.

Edited by Elof

Hi everyone,

i´m trying here because no one help me in the thread i created, so:

Need some help please:

My stick buttons lost input sometimes after few minutes of taxi/flight and i need to unplug and plug in again the USB cable so they can be active again. My axis works flawless the problem it´s only with the buttons and only with the stick, never happened to Throttle. Anyone with same issue? or does anyone can help? tried several tips but none worked. I even bought a Pcie USB Hub but no joy, problem persists.

Thank you in advance.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Sorry. Can't help.

I think I had troubles with my stick disconnecting when I first got it and it ironed itself out. I don't think I did anything.

Thank you anyway! Best regards.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

As many of you know, we have been working on integrating and making quality-of-life improvements to the entire Saitek range since the acquisition in September 2016. The X56 has had particular attention, with some improvements having been implemented in production to the point where we have already seen a steady reduction in issues. These mostly involved manufacturing processes, such as better control over the damping grease for the throttle to prevent the problem where some people experienced excessive friction in the throttle movement, even when at the lightest setting.

Some issues still persisted, though, and through analysis of forums, online reviews and support tickets we were able to determine that the original X56 can be susceptible to Electrostatic Discharge (ESD). This update to the X56 takes multiple steps to further protect against ESD with the result that it is now in line with Logitech’s standards (and well above standard compliance requirements). This should prevent the axis/button failures that some people have experienced.

There are other improvements, the main points being:

• An improved manufacturing method for the spring on the twist axis to prevent early wear and improve centering of the twist
  • Tooling updates to further assist with the centering of the twist (plus fit and finish improvements elsewhere)
  • A new wiring harness for the twist axis in the stick and improved soldering process that prevents twist axis failures
  • A new look for the X56 which should make those of you who expressed their dislike for the blue very happy indeed

Lastly, we would like to express our appreciation for your patience and support as we have worked through defining and addressing these issues. It is not always a quick or straightforward process to arrive at a clear root cause and solution. We will continue on an ongoing basis to monitor the performance of X56 (and the rest of our product lines) and address any further issues as they appear.

Q. How can I tell whether my X56 is the updated or the original version?

The updated version of X56 has grey graphics printed on the base of the throttle and stick. The original version has blue graphics.

Q. Are all original X56 units compliant with relevant safety standards?

Yes. The original X56 passes all compliance requirements for any territory in which it is sold by Logitech.

The new version is already available through our website in certain regions and will be available from other retailers shortly.

Hello

LOGITECH

I have Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick with the grey graphics printed on the base of the throttle and stick ant has the latest drivers and updated.

Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick works perfectly with Digital Combat Simulator using any aircraft like F-15C but I bought the F / A-18C and only obeys the x axis, y axis and z axis but the other buttons assigned to fire the cannon, missiles and other commands does not work having previously assigned those buttons.

Why do Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick Trigger and other bottons NOT work with F / A-18C ???

The Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick with F / A-18C is not working properly for any of you?

Could someone help me, what should I configure to work perfectly as it does with all other aircraft.

Stay tuned,

Thank you

DRTDXBOX

ESPAÑOL

Hola

Alguien puede ayudarme

Tengo Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick la versión de color gris con los ultimos drivers y actualizado.

Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick funciona perfectamente con Digital Combat Simulator usando cualquier aeronave como F-15C pero compré el F/A-18C y solamente obedece el eje x, eje y y eje z pero los otros botones asignados para disparar el cañon, misiles y otros comandos no funciona habiendo asignado previamente dichos botones.

Por qué el botón de disparo de cañon y de armamento del Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick NO funciona al usar el F/A-18C???

A alguno de ustedes no les está funcionando correctamente el Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick with F/A-18C???

Podrían alguien ayudarme, qué debo configurar para que funcione perfectamente como lo hace con todas las otras aeronaves.

Quedo atento,

Muchas gracias

DRTDXBOX

@LOGIRich Hi,

Need some help please:

My stick buttons lost input sometimes after few minutes of taxi/flight and i need to unplug and plug in again the USB cable so they can be active again. My axis works flawless the problem it´s only with the buttons and only with the stick, never happened to Throttle. Tried several tips but none worked. I even bought a Pcie USB Hub but no joy, problem persists.

Thank you in advance.

F.

@Elof - does it do the same thing in other titles? Also, when it starts occurring in DCS if you alt-tab out of DCS and look in Game Controllers, is it now doing it in there?

@fagulha Are you running with a profile loaded from our software or just assigning within DCS? Also, does it do the same thing in other titles?

@Elof - does it do the same thing in other titles? Also, when it starts occurring in DCS if you alt-tab out of DCS and look in Game Controllers, is it now doing it in there?

@fagulha Are you running with a profile loaded from our software or just assigning within DCS? Also, does it do the same thing in other titles?

Well, i´m running both, i use a profile created by me in your software and within DCS i make some changes to get it work. Ex: the slider button on hotas isn´t recognized in DCS so i added a key to it through your software so i can use the slider button;

I don´t use it much besides DCS, i tried once in Elite Dangerous and it worked ok, but i can do more tests to see if it is only in DCS and give you feedback.

Thank you for your response.

F.

Huh… I tried to leave the HOTAS led lights on and in the last two days, and i didn´t have the problem with the stick buttons. That makes sense?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello

LOGITECH

I have Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick with the grey graphics printed on the base of the throttle and stick ant has the latest drivers and updated.

Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick works perfectly with Digital Combat Simulator using any aircraft like F-15C but I bought the F / A-18C and only obeys the x axis, y axis and z axis but the other buttons assigned to fire the cannon, missiles and other commands does not work having previously assigned those buttons.

Why do Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick Trigger and other bottons NOT work with F / A-18C ???

The Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick with F / A-18C is not working properly for any of you?

Could someone help me, what should I configure to work perfectly as it does with all other aircraft.

Stay tuned,

Thank you

DRTDXBOX

ESPAÑOL

Hola

Alguien puede ayudarme

Tengo Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick la versión de color gris con los ultimos drivers y actualizado.

Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick funciona perfectamente con Digital Combat Simulator usando cualquier aeronave como F-15C pero compré el F/A-18C y solamente obedece el eje x, eje y y eje z pero los otros botones asignados para disparar el cañon, misiles y otros comandos no funciona habiendo asignado previamente dichos botones.

Por qué el botón de disparo de cañon y de armamento del Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick NO funciona al usar el F/A-18C???

A alguno de ustedes no les está funcionando correctamente el Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick with F/A-18C???

Podrían alguien ayudarme, qué debo configurar para que funcione perfectamente como lo hace con todas las otras aeronaves.

Quedo atento,

Muchas gracias

DRTDXBOX

Last week i bought new X56 Horas. I installed at my pc and noticed that throtle world fine but on the stick only axes worked, but no Button assingment worked form me...returned to Amazon.

Looks a good hotas but if i cant assing any stick Button is not valid form me.

Tried on 2 differents PCs and same result.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I have an X56 and I love it. I too had the ghost button presses but solved that by using a powered hub.

After a computer restart, my X56 would appear (green icon) to be programmed. But the buttons were not generating the programmed (or any) key presses. Also the SW1-SW6 switches were a yellow color after reboot. I solved that by re-plugging the unit in to the pc.

So by using a powered hub with power switches on each port, I solved my issues. I can turn off the sticks for reboot and power them up after windows loads. No issues.

Also, I downloaded and ran the "clear-calibration' software from Logitech. I followed the directions to properly calibrate the unit. This will also clear your in-game DCS control settings. I prefer to just program everything with the Logitech software anyway as it's more flexible.

Anyway, maybe this will help somebody. I think I have mine all sorted now. We will see how long she stands up to DCS flying.

Edited by Zeagle
spelling

• 1 month later...

I just received my updated X56 from an Amazon retailer and as a brand new entrant to the DCS World, am happy to say that I’m VERY pleased with the purchase. I seriously looked at the Warthog and having read as many review on each as I could find, have come to the conclusion that at the end of the day, what matters is how much money you want to spend. I have no doubt that the Warthog is a great HOTAS (pretty much goes without saying) but the “Rhino” is damn good too. And at about half the price, seems to be a great stepping off point. I’ve seen videos where guys have built complete cockpits in their homes and bought flight gear like flihtsuits and helmets, but that’s a bit out there for me. I just want to learn the necessary items to be competitive and enjoy the simulator. So no flight helmets in the near future for me.

That said, the X56 has met all my expectations thus far without breaking the bank leaving extra funds for additional modules. Once I figured out how to bind the throttles the rest was no problem. If you’re loaded with extra funds and don’t have to worry about it, sure, go for the Warthog but don’t be put off by the naysayers who feel the necessity to bash the X56 because it’s not a Warthog. It works great. And the twist function gives you rudder control without having to pony up a couple of hundred for rudder pedals and have to deal with even more wires.

Eventually I’ll get the pedals but for right now, the X56 is doing the Job quite well... and it came in a day early!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]FW190 A8 • MiG 29 • MiG 15bis • MiG 21bis • F-14 Tomcat • AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL DCS: AJS-37 Viggen • Spitfire LF Mk. IX • F-5E Tiger II • M-2000C Mirage • Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst • Fw 190 D-9 Dora • F-86F Sabre • Su-33 • Su-27 • F-15C • Su-25T • A-10A • A-10C • P-51D • Uh-1H Huey • TF-51B

• 1 month later...

Ok sorry for the late response, but well just got feed-up and just delt with it. But I was browsing the net yesterday and found a site that fixed the problem. Seems it was SRS causing the issues with the Option " Allow More Input Devices " being the problem. This option needs to be turned to OFF. I have since done this and problems corrected. Just for anyone that was having the same problems as myself, with the Twist Grip -Rudder and Mini Joystick C ghosting.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am trying to program a button on the X56 to do "SimHsiCourseInc": ALT+;

I want it to do the following:

Short press: single ATL+;.

Long press it, I want it to initiate multiple ALT+;, ALT+;, ALT+;.....

This should be done using advanced command and i use the command shown in the attached image.

The short press is working fine, however the long press does not:

Testing the short press in the profile yields this:Alt;;Alt

Testing the long press yield this:

ALT; ;;;;;;;;;; ;Alt

How can I program it to yield Alt; Atl; Atl;...Alt; whne i long press it ?

Hi,

I am trying to program a button on the X56 to do "SimHsiCourseInc": ALT+;

I want it to do the following:

Short press: single ATL+;.

Long press it, I want it to initiate multiple ALT+;, ALT+;, ALT+;.....

This should be done using advanced command and i use the command shown in the attached image.

The short press is working fine, however the long press does not:

Testing the short press in the profile yields this:Alt;;Alt

Testing the long press yield this:

ALT; ;;;;;;;;;; ;Alt

How can I program it to yield Alt; Atl; Atl;...Alt; whne i long press it ?

Perhaps it already does that? The first ALT is press and hold, then you get multiple semicolons (while the ALT is held which equals to ALT+;) then when you release the button, ALT is released.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!