BS : Heat blur for Missiles ?

Groove

geez people! what else?!? hey, how about shaving nicks on some of the faces of the pilots!!!

Priorities!!!! Sort out the game play, AI and campaigns (do I dare say dynamic campaign) and THEN look at the eyecandy b.s!

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

Dont you think a missle is traveling a bit fast to notice heat blur? Just a question bud .... I appreciate the enthusiasm, I just dont think we would be able to appreciate this kind of detail while trying to avoid being hit. ya know?:D Its like trying to see what color a lion's eyes are while running for your life .... :thumbup: .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok , first off he was just suggesting this so lay off man. Everyone has their own thing they want in a sim. And second who made you in charge of prioritizing what ED adds to this game? Groove I say suggest anything you want even though we dont agree with it, ive seen crazier suggestions so dont listen to him.:thumbup: .... or me for that matter ...lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Suggestion is not a demand guys. And dont jump on me that fast when i would like to see some stuff which happens in RL in this upcoming simulation.

I dont think that implementing heat blur for missiles is that challenging because there is heat blur already in the game ( FC).

He was simply suggesting something. we all suggest stuff, so why cant he?

Personally, i think this would be cool. however, like they said, other things come first. that's not to say that this wouldn't add a bit more realism to the game.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

You would hardly notice any difference with the speed that missiles go by. Besides it would be another FPS killer. Ita about pain without any gain.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

You would hardly notice any difference with the speed that missiles go by. Besides it would be another FPS killer. Ita about pain without any gain.

Ya, you do have a point.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

• ED Team

The only way you would notice this, and i mean the ONLY way to see heat blur of missiles would be looking through the shkval (correct?) monitor as the missiles flies towards its target.

I have a movie on my HD featuring the AH-1 cobra in Iraq taking out tanks, and the entire movie is seen through its TV monitor (or whatever i should call it).

You see heat blur from the missiles as they spiral towards their target.

But, although it would look cool, the only way to achieve this now in lockon without taking more fps hit, is adding these kinds of effects in a movie... ;)

Dont you think a missle is traveling a bit fast to notice heat blur? Just a question bud .... I appreciate the enthusiasm, I just dont think we would be able to appreciate this kind of detail while trying to avoid being hit. ya know?:D Its like trying to see what color a lion's eyes are while running for your life .... :thumbup: .

damn right :doh: :megalol:

No longer active in DCS...

Its not that we dont understand, its that we fail to see it..literaly. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• 2 weeks later...
Good point, gimi friggen heatblur for my HOG!!

Yeah I was going to say, it would be alot nicer if the Hog and Frog had heatblur at low speed with high rpm. :)

And that is pretty easy to see.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars