2.5 Open Beta/2.5 Release - ??? Which???

GIANNI

I have DCS World 2.5 Open Beta. I am thinking of the early installation of the DCS World 2.5 Release. Then I only leave one version. - ??? Which??? -.

What are the advantages / disadvantages of 2.5 OB / 2.5 Release?

Please your opinion - advice. : pilot:

Edited by GIANNI

v2.5 release version does not exist yet.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Previously, when the release branch has been updated, the open beta and release branches have been synchronized (i.e. both updated to the same version), so there's no difference between them at that point. The open beta gets updates faster than the release, but these updated may prevent you from connecting to MP servers using the release version, and they may also introduce new bugs. If you don't care about that, and you are willing to risk potential bugs introduced in the beta updates, go for the beta. If not, you can switch your current install between the open beta and release branches using the dcs_updater utility (guide: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030). (Edit: when the release version goes live, of course.)