Ka-50 Cargo Indicator Doesn't Work

Devrim

The red dot in the green indicator located up-right of the screen won't show the position of the cargo. Red dot isn't moving.

Plus, the right-most vertical line (aircraft's height I guess) doesn't work either.

Thank you.

Screen_180216_004721.thumb.jpg.761345a1f14a35de54d1cda85f774aa4.jpg

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 1 year later...

I'm experiencing the same currently.

Anybody have any insight on this?

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Probably ED will fix it after new cockpit, I guess.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• ED Team

Hi Devrim, hope you are well.

Can you do me a short track replay in single player showing this issue and I will take a look.

Thank you.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi Devrim, hope you are well.

Can you do me a short track replay in single player showing this issue and I will take a look.

Thank you.

Thank you BIGNEWY. I’ll get you a track if I beat Devrim back to the sim.

D’s Thumbnail, however, shows it all. Tracking dot and elevation indicator are frozen as shown.

Meanwhile, cargo can be selected, smoke marker generated, and cargo hookable etc...

Thanks again.

EDIT: Track https://www.dropbox.com/s/p71bbhn7vd5w5ow/tempMission.miz.trk?dl=0

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 8:38 PM, rinkerbuck said:

Wait, the KA50 can carry cargo?

Externally yes. It can sling load cargo, and should have an indicator for it.

I haven't seen that indicator work in years though. 

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 4:54 AM, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

1 year later... 
Just wondering, will this ever be fixed? It's already a working thing in modules like the Huey.

💅 ... one year ???!!! 😂😂😂

System Components

Power supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W 80Plus Platinum <> Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming  <> Processor: Ryzen 5 5600x <> Cooler: DeepCool Gammaxx C40 <> RAM: 2x16GB HyperX Predator 3600Mhz <> SSD: 2x1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe M.2 (Raid 0) <> HD: 2TB Seagate BarraCuda <> Graphics card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti 11G Gaming <> Head tracking: TrackIR4 Pro <> dunTrackR <> Monitors: Philips bdm4065uc 40" 4K 3840x2160  (Camera) <> 2x IBM 15" 1024x768 (LMFCD & RMFCD)

Cockpit: self-construction <> Controls: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog (extension for cyclic & collective control) <> Thrustmaster Rudder Control System <> Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium <> Logitech Z-560 THX Sound System

"...Runways are for beauty queens!"

• 6 months later...
29 minutes ago, Flappie said:

What I meant is that I made it official by telling you so.

I read about the sling loading and always wanted to try it, but what is exactly removed: the indicator or the feature itself?

Not sure if you can share the reasons?

That said: I appreciate you sharing the info.

Edited by okopanja
  • Like 1

The sling load feature itself was removed.

I was told by devs that the Ka-50 never did such a job IRL, which is the reason for the removal. I know there's still a switch labelled "Sling Load Auto/Man" in the cockpit, but I'm not sure it ever existed in the real thing. I'll ask about it.

I have no idea why sling load was initially implemented in the Shark. Maybe, since the module came before the Huey, devs were testing the sling load feature on the only available helicopter back then in their internal build, and forgot to remove it before the build went public?  I think we'll never know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Hi Flappie,

I was able to find some cockpit pictures of Ka-50 #25. It appears all 3 switches related to the sling load are indeed in this cockpit.

Note that #25 cockpit has a 3 word label for the switch just like BS2/BS3.

Sadly the picture quality does not allowing reading the labels...

...But could this be a confusion caused by the fact that prototypes before #25 had large differences in cockpit layouts?

backright_panel.PNG

right_wall_panels.PNG

right_wall_panels_2.PNG

Sling Load Button.PNG

Sling Load Button_2.PNG

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Flappie said:

The sling load feature itself was removed.

I was told by devs that the Ka-50 never did such a job IRL, which is the reason for the removal. I know there's still a switch labelled "Sling Load Auto/Man" in the cockpit, but I'm not sure it ever existed in the real thing. I'll ask about it.

I have no idea why sling load was initially implemented in the Shark. Maybe, since the module came before the Huey, devs were testing the sling load feature on the only available helicopter back then in their internal build, and forgot to remove it before the build went public?  I think we'll never know.

Well, the devs can say anything at this point. Since the Ka50 III is already in fiction territory (with the MLWS thing), it could just as well keep slingloading things, real or not.
I don't think there's a single helicopter out there that can't really sling anything, specially military ones. It's such a vital operation (logistics) and one of the main advantages of having helicopters in an army aviation.

This decision really reeks of something else. Like, "balancing", or a business decision to help boost sales of other helo modules than can still carry cargo.

2 hours ago, Sh4rk said:

Well, the devs can say anything at this point. Since the Ka50 III is already in fiction territory (with the MLWS thing), it could just as well keep slingloading things, real or not.

nullI hope the moderator will forgive me for digression and not lock for being off-topic: missile warning system was installed on #25, and even had a corresponding switch in the cockpit. See the attached picture.

nullI do not speak Russian, but it appears that БКО stands for Бортовой комплекс обороны which google-translates to: Airborne defense complex. The label is identical IRL and DCS. The only question is if it had ABRIS integration IRL.

2 hours ago, Sh4rk said:

This decision really reeks of something else. Like, "balancing", or a business decision to help boost sales of other helo modules than can still carry cargo.

I am not aware of any server where sling loading would give the advantage over other frames. Most of the servers opted for CTDL and less realistic logistics. For sling loading the real shark would need help from ground through radio (or to land, which I am not sure if it is something helicopter pilots do IRL).

With all said: lets wait for the response of developers.

image.png

1 hour ago, okopanja said:

The only question is if it had ABRIS integration IRL.

I think it's okay,because those defense systems are always classified. And I think all those modern DCS aircraft (such as the Apache) are using the defense systems have at least some of the features based on assumptions from dev team.

And people only criticize the Ka50 for this. Maybe because of some rumors on the forum that says that Russian bought the ABRIS from a Finnish civilian company as a big NS430 so there was no way it could be integrate into it. But the Finnish civilian company "Transas" was still a Russian company at the time Ka50 was still under development.Also the datalink system is linked to it...

For the sling load thing,besides those switches,there is also also an advisory light about it.test6.png

(please don't remove those clickable switches.......even if you have already removed the sling load feature )

Edited by Akiazusa

Kyoto Animation forever!

27 minutes ago, Akiazusa said:

For the sling load thing,besides those switches,there is also also an advisory light about it.test6.png

I went to check this in the pictures, and sadly, it is not possible to read any of indicators on the images I found:

null

image.png

Here is the full gallery (you need to click on load more multiple times):

https://www.net-maquettes.com/pictures/kamov-ka-50-hokum-walkaround/

• Thanks 1