DCS 2.5 Mission 12

derodo

I'm also stuck again in mission 12 (I'm replaying the campaign).

I get to the point where I'm circling around with the tornados, waiting for fang to do their job. But it seem they didn't make it and we kept circling forever.

After circling for so long and not hearing anything on the radio, I quit. I remember hearing fang saying "splash gecko" and "splash enemy tunguska", but just once. I think what happened is they need to take down two tunguskas, but the second one survived.

I had a look at the mission debriefing, and indeed, the first tunguska is hit and destroyed, but the second one gets hit but not destroyed (I'm attaching the debriefing screenshot just in case it helps tracking the problem).

Maybe that's what prevents the mission from progressing?

PS: I also saved the track, but it's 22MB and I can't attach it. I keep it just in case Baltic wants to have a look.

mission12.thumb.jpg.e7276da6b5e24dcc89e9f26a818e325d.jpg

i have had the same issue as you the second time i tried to do the mission...

i can see the f117s doing their work and then landed back home but no call for the tornadoes to go on with their mission...

so probably something is messed up with the triggers

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

OK, I will have another look. Maybe I was extremely lucky with the F-117s hitting their all targets when I played. As derodo says, the most probable reason of not progressing is that somehow one of the SAM systems survived.

I will have another look at the mission tonight and try to build in some kind of contingency trigger and post the new version once it's done. Sorry guys for the trouble. This is what you get when you rely too much on AI on doing their job for the mission to progress.

derodo, could you send the track to me on baltic_dragon@icloud.com? Or upload it to dropbox or google drive and send me the link so I can download it myself?

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Tested it. Two times. Seems to be working.

First try: Fang did their job; splashed the gecko and both tunguskas. Claw started their task and destroyed the tunnel entrance. Then I screwed up and got shot by the Mig 29s :P

Second try: everything was ok and I finally made it back to base after dealing with the M29s.

Everything looks ok to me. Good job Baltic!

Awesome, many thanks derodo! I hope with extra safeguards it all should work as intended now.

BTW, these are not Fulcrums but Flankers (even though the RWR can’t tell the difference).

As I side note, when I tested this mission I was really amazed how great 2.5 looks :)

Tested it. Two times. Seems to be working.

First try: Fang did their job; splashed the gecko and both tunguskas. Claw started their task and destroyed the tunnel entrance. Then I screwed up and got shot by the Mig 29s :P

Second try: everything was ok and I finally made it back to base after dealing with the M29s.

Everything looks ok to me. Good job Baltic!

Same for me...had to test twice because the first time while i was RTB i did'nt have any RWR warning but was shot down (damn EOS-r73 couple :) )....

Second time i was able to splash one of the Flankers and RTB winchester NOE....

Awesome campaign Baltic...

Now on with the last mission

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

Awesome, many thanks derodo! I hope with extra safeguards it all should work as intended now.

BTW, these are not Fulcrums but Flankers (even though the RWR can’t tell the difference).

As I side note, when I tested this mission I was really amazed how great 2.5 looks :)

Yeah really cool

• 4 weeks later...

Can you link the topic please?

Sorry but i am on the phone and cannot find it at the moment

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi BD,

Just completed this, another great mission. Took a few tries mind you, those last Su-27s caused me some headaches! My dogfighting skills leave a lot to be desired.

There was one thing that seemed a bit odd at the end, the 1 of the Mig 29's (B 01 according to tacview) that is involved with Berger continues all the way down towards Vaziani and starts engaging air targets. It then strafed the E-3A at Tibilisi and crashed into the ground.

• 1 month later...
Is there any way to get your wingman to engage or communicate on this mission? On channel 1 on both radios and hear his calls but he will not accept any orders and just circles around the bandits until he gets shot down.

same problem here :( my wingman doesn't respond

• 1 year later...

Hi Baltic !

2.5.6 and it seems to be broken again.

I downloaded the version you linked above but I have a ton of radio messages just at mission launch.

Fang did its run but seemed to miss and then ... nothing.

Fang head back to homeplate and I just circled with Claw until bingo ...

Can you have a look at this ?

Thx

Hi Baltic !

2.5.6 and it seems to be broken again.

I downloaded the version you linked above but I have a ton of radio messages just at mission launch.

Fang did its run but seemed to miss and then ... nothing.

Fang head back to homeplate and I just circled with Claw until bingo ...

Can you have a look at this ?

Thx

I had this problem today too, of 5 times, 2 it worked, but on 3 fang did not hit the target.

Looking at their view, looks like they are circling the target, but they finish the turn too close to them, they open the bomb hatch but close right after. They look a bit too high I think.

On the 2 times it worked I was shot down by the migs... :music_whistling:

For some reason,

I had one opportunity to see the target using the f key ...

I saw a Tunguska (I think) and 2 or 3 bomb impacts near it.

I kept pushing on the f key (F7 maybe) to see other ground units and it showed me friendlies (soldiers, fire trucks and the Buk battery) and it never showed me again the enemy units.

Are they supposed to disappear ?

Is there a way to make the target explode even if the F-117 miss it ?

That would act as a safeguard in case friendly AI screw up ...

I had this problem today too, of 5 times, 2 it worked, but on 3 fang did not hit the target.

Looking at their view, looks like they are circling the target, but they finish the turn too close to them, they open the bomb hatch but close right after. They look a bit too high I think.

On the 2 times it worked I was shot down by the migs... :music_whistling:

Do you have incorrect radio messages at startup ?

I had this problem and one or 2 previous missions, as my pilot was saying ''gear up'' as I was entering the cockpit.

I thought it was my fault because I modified every missions to place the starting spots on open spaces (AI wasn't able to taxi out bomb shelters).

I downloaded the version linked above and did not touch anything and I have the same problem ...

Weird.

Do you have incorrect radio messages at startup ?

I had this problem and one or 2 previous missions, as my pilot was saying ''gear up'' as I was entering the cockpit.

I thought it was my fault because I modified every missions to place the starting spots on open spaces (AI wasn't able to taxi out bomb shelters).

I downloaded the version linked above and did not touch anything and I have the same problem ...

Weird.

No, it seemed to work fine until fang missed the targets. I played 5 times, and I didn't have this problem of messages appearing at the wrong time.

Experiencing this issue now... Fang won't hit the target. They've dropped about 20 GBU-12s all around their 3 targets but hit none. I see they've just returned to base and parked.

BTW, something similar occurred in an earlier mission and I ended up flying over and strafing with my guns to progress the mission. Accidentally crashed later and on the replay that mission worked fine.

EDIT: Playing open beta build.

Edited by DimSim

Hey guys, sorry for being quiet. The problem here is on DCS side, currently AI almost always misses with GBU-12s (in general with laser guided weapons)... I am leaving for holidays tomorrow and had very busy last few weeks, but I'll be able to update or fix some of the stuff on my laptop. I'll keep you posted!