Skin Installation

Hi,

I'm sure this is on the forums somewhere but everything I've found and tried doesn't work and I'm giving up hope!

Can someone please explain how to install skins to aircraft in 2.5?

I've tried creating a 'Liveries' folder in DCS folder under 'User', 'Saved Games' and creating an aircraft folder with exactly the same name as the DCS, mod, aircraft file.

Also does JSMSE still work and does it work for 2.5 because that's the only way people seem to explain it differently by but to my knowledge it doesn't exist now?

Thank you

Some skins only work when you select certain country they represent. You can open description LUA and down at bottom you'll see a line that starts countries= and lists country/countries skin works with.

You can add any country you want by opening file with Notepad++ and adding it to list like this ( "RUS")

Some skins only work when you select certain country they represent. You can open description LUA and down at bottom you'll see a line that starts countries= and lists country/countries skin works with.

You can add any country you want by opening file with Notepad++ and adding it to list like this ( "RUS")

Thank you for your reply. on the one I'm trying with the MI-8 the LUA file says 'countries = {"UK"}' but still no luck :(

I would also like to have some guidance on where to put the folders/files in 2.5. I remember struggling with certain modules in 1.5 due to them being put in different locations but I generally had luck with A-10C, UH-1H, and all the FC3 aircraft. I'm wanting to make some new ones in 2.5 but can't seem to find the right location.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So it looks like there are still the same ways to install in 2.5 but I'm currently trying out this method which seems like it might work and be a good way to not have to worry about updating as much.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=174462

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That works very well. I personally use it for a long time, and it's reliable, specifically because I have about 11G skin patches in a single folder for all DCS versions I use.

Just follow the instructions given by "SkateZilla"

Google Translate

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=174462

Yeah that's the other benefit of it. One file location for all your skins no matter how many versions of DCS you're running. Although now that 2.5 is working I shouldn't need multiple versions. I did try Skate's method last night and it worked beautifully. Including getting the F-86F Sabre skins working which I've never been able to do in the past no matter how many different ways I tried it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@conrex1 Check the aircraft name in Liveries folder for the module you want to add to

so dcs\mods\aircraft\liveries or dcs\coremods\aircraft\liveries

example the Sabre module folder is \aircraft\F86 but he liveries folder is \liveries\F86F Sabre

so in saved games folder create a liveries\f86f sabre folder and add the new livery there

also make sure the livery you've extracted hasn't extracted into a second subfolder, this can sometimes happen

so you end up with F86f sabre\NEWlivery\NEWlivery\all the textures files,

when it should be just F86f sabre\NEWlivery\all the textures files

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Hey Folks,

Slightly off topic in that I am still using the legacy versions not 2.5ob, I have thought why a lot of the skins are not selectable.

For example, I wanted to apply Strut's notional RAAF A10-C livery in TTI (single player offline). "Australia" is listed in the Allies section in the mission but the skin is not available in the drop down list.

I did a search as I know this skin was included in the core game. I found it in the "..../Bazar/......." part of the file directory (can't remember the exact path - not at my computer). So there is another location for skins/liveries......

Yet, still not selectable. Is this just a repository to copy and paste skins from?

Cheers!

Dave

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Hey Folks,

Slightly off topic in that I am still using the legacy versions not 2.5ob, I have thought why a lot of the skins are not selectable.

For example, I wanted to apply Strut's notional RAAF A10-C livery in TTI (single player offline). "Australia" is listed in the Allies section in the mission but the skin is not available in the drop down list.

I did a search as I know this skin was included in the core game. I found it in the "..../Bazar/......." part of the file directory (can't remember the exact path - not at my computer). So there is another location for skins/liveries......

Yet, still not selectable. Is this just a repository to copy and paste skins from?

Cheers!

Dave

Ok, so I managed to get this notional RAAF default skin selectable by adding ....{USA} to the description.lua after reading some related posts.

However, I thought it still would have shown up because "Australia" is listed in Blue forces in the mission.

Does anyone know why I would have had to edit the .lua to get this Australian skin to be selectable?

There are a lot more skins in the ...../Bazar/Liveries/A10-C folder that are not showing up in the select list even though their respective "countries" are listed in the mission parameters.

Cheers!

Dave

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM