I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

TorwaK

I sent a mail to support@lockon.ru and webmaster@lockon.ru email address about A NEW PRODUCT KEY BECAUSE OF I USED ALL OF THEM! 3 DAYS ARE PASSED AND NOBODY ANSWER ME!

I SENT 4 MAILS FROM DIFFERENT EMAIL ACCOUNTS STILL NOTHING! IF YOU WILL NOT SEND MY NEW CDKEY I WANT MY MONEY BACK! :angry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

i understand why you are angry at this but yelling it across the forum is not going to help. They recieve hundreds of e-mail a day to reactivate and they have to check each one, your best bet is to be patient and maybe send a few e-mails (from the same e-mail account so it won't confuse them even more). Plus its a weekend so they probably don't work. Send one monday morning, if you send one now, its probably going to be at the bottom of the list since they get e-mails from today all the way to monday.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dude, you can be sure just they dont pay attention to make us buy this game again and again to amke them become rich. Just now I wrote it to russian forum thanks to God I speak Russian well too.

Its not about they dont work at weekends, dont you see other guy wrote 1 month ago he requested a new product key but nobody returns him yet from ED support.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

Guest IguanaKing

If you are looking for a new activation serial number, this is NOT the way to go about it. What you need to do is calm down, wait a week after e-mailing them, and if you don't hear from them, e-mail them again. If you think you are owed something, you need to read the EULA for the downloadable version. It is licensed as a "limited use product", so, legally, they are not bound in any way to give you another serial number. They have been very good about doing so, in spite of the fact that they are not legally bound to do so. In short, take a step back, a deep breath, and remember that you are actually asking for something which they are under no obligation to provide. If you treat them with respect and patience, on the other hand, I'm sure they will come through. They have for me once already.

I sent a mail to support@lockon.ru and webmaster@lockon.ru email address about A NEW PRODUCT KEY BECAUSE OF I USED ALL OF THEM! 3 DAYS ARE PASSED AND NOBODY ANSWER ME!

I SENT 4 MAILS FROM DIFFERENT EMAIL ACCOUNTS STILL NOTHING! IF YOU WILL NOT SEND MY NEW CDKEY I WANT MY MONEY BACK! :angry:

If you have used up all your activations, then what you need is a new serial number.

New serial number = new product.

You are actually asking them to give you a new product for free - which they might, but asking for it in this way is not particulary smart :) .

JJ

4 e-mails from 4 accounts probably has them thinking you've given you old serial number to all you friends & they're all trying it on...

Also - if you get a new serial number - you know about the reg key saver don't you? (so it doesn't happen again)

Cheers.

Guest IguanaKing

Yup, and a new serial number is a new product, as Alfa says...its right there in the EULA, if you read it, TorwaK. ;) As the Dead Milkmen song goes "If you want that serial number, what you gonna do?...Gonna brown-nose. Gonna brown-nose." Hehehe...seriously though, they don't legally owe you anything, but they have been known to be extremely nice, and you really don't have to do too much brown-nosing. Just write to them and say "Hey, I burned up all of my activations because I made a few mistakes in installation of the software, and in subsequent upgrades to my computer. Could I possibly get another serial number from you? I would greatly appreciate that." Try it...it worked for me. BTW...what Weta says is right, if you are asking for a new serial number, its best to send them from the 1 e-mail account that you originally gave when you first downloaded the product. YOU may know that you have legitimate intentions, but they don't...and if you were them, would you REALLY assume that e-mails, from 4 different e-mail accounts that referenced the same transaction ID, were from someone with benevolent intentions toward your product? You wouldn't give your SSN to any stranger who e-mailed you asking for it, would you?

Just out of curiosity, does ED customer support have a phone number?

Dude, chill out because you're making a donkey of yourself. And I know a thing or two about making an ass of myself, and it's not the way.

I went through the same thing you're going through now. It's frustrating but I did't think for a second that I was the only one they have to answer to. So, wait your turn.

See this thread. I made that post after about a week (if I remember correctly) after I sent the request.

Anyway, I received new activation keys a few days after I made that post. My reason for needing new keys could have been a complete lie but they gave them to me anyway.

EDIT:

How do you retrieve the reg key? I need a play by play tutorial deal here, I'm stupid. :D I tried it a couple of times and ended up having to use new keys.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Yup, and a new serial number is a new product, as Alfa says...its right there in the EULA, if you read it, TorwaK. ;) As the Dead Milkmen song goes "If you want that serial number, what you gonna do?...Gonna brown-nose. Gonna brown-nose." Hehehe...seriously though, they don't legally owe you anything, but they have been known to be extremely nice, and you really don't have to do too much brown-nosing. Just write to them and say "Hey, I burned up all of my activations because I made a few mistakes in installation of the software, and in subsequent upgrades to my computer. Could I possibly get another serial number from you? I would greatly appreciate that." Try it...it worked for me. BTW...what Weta says is right, if you are asking for a new serial number, its best to send them from the 1 e-mail account that you originally gave when you first downloaded the product. YOU may know that you have legitimate intentions, but they don't...and if you were them, would you REALLY assume that e-mails, from 4 different e-mail accounts that referenced the same transaction ID, were from someone with benevolent intentions toward your product? You wouldn't give your SSN to any stranger who e-mailed you asking for it, would you?

Just out of curiosity, does ED customer support have a phone number?

Hey, if there is some company... if I bought their product and ask a question about it, they must replay me in 24 hours even if the answer is negative.

That's not about cost of game or something like that. I sent an email about my problem and there is nobody to answer my mails and nobody to talk. Just deep silent. Dont you think that its absolutely irresponsible?

Unfortunatelly I've never seen such a bad service in my life. Even nobody condescend to send me a replay mail. By the way I used 2 different mail accounts to reach them because I supposed that first account was broken so they didnt replay me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest IguanaKing
Hey, if there is some company... if I bought their product and ask a question about it, they must replay me in 24 hours even if the answer is negative.

By which country's law? I'm curious about this, since common law in most countries is 7 days for a response from a party that has broken the law. What you STILL don't seem to get, since you haven't taken my suggestion of reading your EULA, is that ED is NOT LEGALLY OBLIGATED to give you a thing, in ANY number of days. Now, if you want to come here and spread hate for ED, feel free to do so, until they shut you down...since its their site. If you actually want a new serial number, calm down, take a deep breath, and follow the suggestions you were given. Again...ED DOES NOT OWE YOU A NEW PRODUCT! They have been known, quite frequently, to give people a new product upon respectful request. But, since you are getting so hot-headed about this, a mere 3 days after you sent your "request", I'm guessing your "request" was more of a demand. Yeah...they probably won't respond well to that. ;)

By which country's law?;)

Who said that it's about law system? its all about to be a respectful company from customers eye. In my country system works like that, I dont know how it works at yours.

I've never behaved disrespectful here so why you mumble disrespectful word at your mouth about me really I don't know. I'm searching my rights here by usual way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

got the cd version if you wanted to avoid the whole activations thing.

already I paid money for it, why should pay second time and order CD version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest IguanaKing
Who said that it's about law system? its all about to be a respectful company from customers eye. In my country system works like that, I dont know how it works at yours.

I've never behaved disrespectful here so why you mumble disrespectful word at your mouth about me really I don't know. I'm searching my rights here by usual way.

You said, "They must replay me in 24 hours even if the answer is negative.". I guess I was reading that incorrectly, but it looked as if you were implying that there was some kind of law that demanded that of them. Now that we all see that there isn't, can we move on? This is my last attempt at trying to educate you. If you follow my advice, you will most-likely get what you want. If you want to feel sorry for yourself and play Angry Angie for a few more weeks, be my guest, there's not a GD thing in that EULA you haven't read that says they owe you a new product. I have offered advice on how to solve your problem...take it, or leave it. :doh:

already I paid money for it, why should pay second time and order CD version.

what i meant was you should have done your research before you purchased FC in the first place. I did, and i concluded i rather have the cd version than go through the activations and such through the download version.

And IK has a point, your posts seems to bash on ED's service and it comes at a very negative tone, if it was ED, i would hate to help someone of that nature. So calm down, take a step back, and ask them rationally.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You have never had any bad experiences what-so-ever when dealing with businesses? Where are you living now?

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

You realy aren't going to get your money back you know...

If you want another serial number, you can ask ED to do you a FAVOUR and give you another, but under the terms of the End User License Agreement they have no legal obligation to do so.

As a general rule - If you want someone to do you a favour - talk nicely & be a bit patient.

If you don't - stand in a public place (like this forum) and bad mouth them. That should do it :-)

Cheers.

Have you ever asked MS for another CD key when you have upgraded too many times, and it wont activate? Yeah.........

I find it awfully nice of ED to give another activation key.

I used up all mine recently, and sent an e-mail. I think it took a week or so, but they replied.

Man, am I glad I got the cd version. :)

---------------------

FX 55 Sandy@ 3.03 GHz

Tuniq Tower 120

DFI Lanparty CFX 3200-DR/G

(2X) X1950XTX Crossfire@ 695 core

2048 OCZ PC 3200 Platinum (2-3-2-5)

Antec TP3 650

Samsung 19" LCD (8ms)

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Track IR 4

CH Pro Pedals

:pilotfly:

starforce protection has ben a complete joke from day 1 and now appears to be have poor support by ED which was always one of the major concerns of downloading the patch. Glad I waited for the CD and hope ED dump starforce for BS. From the posts above looks like the activation key delivery schedule is much like EDs BS delivery schedule 2 wks +....+....+

Guest IguanaKing

Nope...false, Chicote. I'd say ED is doing quite well in giving its customers something that they are under no obligation to provide. Judging from posts? I'll tell you about an axiom that exists in the aviation service world. If you do what is expected of you, how many people does your customer tell about you? None. If you go above and beyond, and REALLY go out of your way to please him, how many people does he tell? He tells 1 person. If you fall short of expectations, even in the least, how many people does he tell? He tells 50 people. Unfortunately, negatives always get more exposure than positives...its human nature. ;)

Before complain, keep in mind that ED probably do not operates during weekends. It may take a bit more time than 24 hours to respond. Even my bank (in Canada) reserves 3 business days to respond to email requests.

Then, as I already seen ppl complain about not having response, check for possible Russian holidays. 23 Feb is official national holiday. No one works there. :-) And it's a bad luck to have problems around new-year day... you won't have any help for long :-)

Athlon64 3500+; A8V-DX; 1Gig PC3200; Quadro4 980XGL; SCSI; Win2K3;

MacBook Pro 17"

X52 tweak: http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=16972

Nope...false, Chicote. I'd say ED is doing quite well in giving its customers something that they are under no obligation to provide. Judging from posts? I'll tell you about an axiom that exists in the aviation service world. If you do what is expected of you, how many people does your customer tell about you? None. If you go above and beyond, and REALLY go out of your way to please him, how many people does he tell? He tells 1 person. If you fall short of expectations, even in the least, how many people does he tell? He tells 50 people. Unfortunately, negatives always get more exposure than positives...its human nature. ;)

Respect your opinion Iguana and I understand this axiom very well. However if your customers keep coming back to you with the same problem then you need to fix it rather than band aid it. ED's re-issue of serial numbers is a band aid for an incredibly badly thought out protection system. If ED spent less of its meagre resources dealing with starforce issues then maybe BS would be just a little further along. Can only see this problem getting worse as people go through their normal computer upgrade cycles and realise the cash they paid for the game does'nt entitle them to put it on their latest system, which ironically may be the one that allows them to play the game at full spec.