New ED AA Radar/RWR and the F14

TomCatMucDe

I think the MiG-21 already did use a similar implementation for its A-A radar as the one ED has now announced. I'm not sure though. The Viggen is using such a technology for its ground mapping radar.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think the MiG-21 already did use a similar implementation for its A-A radar as the one ED has now announced. I'm not sure though. The Viggen is using such a technology for its ground mapping radar.

Speaking of the ground mapping radar. Is the Viggen ground radar simulation close to what it is in reality? With the new radar tech coming for both air and ground I wonder if teams will update existing modules for a better simulation?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Speaking of the ground mapping radar. Is the Viggen ground radar simulation close to what it is in reality? With the new radar tech coming for both air and ground I wonder if teams will update existing modules for a better simulation?

It's actually pretty good already. They did some great work on that one!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Which new Air-to-Air radar are you referring to?

Our radar is custom and it may already be at an equivalent simulation level to ED's Hornet. We're no strangers to seeking high fidelity custom solutions to important features, especially like the AWG-9. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Our radar is custom and it may already be at an equivalent simulation level to ED's Hornet. We're no strangers to seeking high fidelity custom solutions to important features, especially like the AWG-9. :)

SlightFrighteningAfricanaugurbuzzard-size_restricted.gif

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Great bread ! And that answers the question! I hope soon we would get more infos about how the radar and RWR are simulated!

Looking forward!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing as you wrote your own radar for this thing, will it have the AWG-9's (admittedly rudimentary) ground mapping mode?

Seeing as you wrote your own radar for this thing, will it have the AWG-9's (admittedly rudimentary) ground mapping mode?

I think this was already discussed and there wouldn't be any point to it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2866855&postcount=2

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

SlightFrighteningAfricanaugurbuzzard-size_restricted.gif

LMAO!! I lost it... my reaction exactly. LOL

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

There is an entire post dedicated to our AWG-9 here, including ground mapping:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196159

Yes, we also simulate the radar beam and many of the associated effects.

I hope we will be able to see birds on radar then, before they strike us on take-off :D

I hope we will be able to see birds on radar then, before they strike us on take-off :D

I doubt that as we can't even see them visually... damn ghost birds :D

Tornado3 small.jpg

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196159

Yes, we also simulate the radar beam and many of the associated effects.

Good post there Cobra! Sounds like you guys/gals at Heatblur Simulations are working with ED to develop new technologies instead of waiting for them to be passed on. :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Yeah, sorry, completely forgot about that; I was squarely looking at it from the A2G perspective.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• 4 weeks later...

DDD_Compilation.jpg

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3